• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Points Redemption options

raghav_mri

TF Buzz
Hey guys,
I recently got the upgrade to Amex platinum card with a joining bonus of 125k points, I am planning to take the same but before that having few queries on the mind, it would be great if someone can help me with the same

1. Can the joining fee be paid on monthly basis instead of yearly basis

2. Are there any good redemption options for those MR points other than transferring it for airmiles (i.e I would prefer for vouchers like Amazon/Flipkart), If so what are the per point value for the same

Thanks in advance :)

scrounger92

TF Buzz
On #2:

The Reward Points offer on the Postcard Hotels seem great! For 65000 points, I believe there's a 2-night stay at PostCard Goa. The same costs around 60000 INR revenue rate. (1 point = 1 INR valuation)

There's always Marriott otherwise (1 point ~ 1 INR valuation @ Westin Himalayas, Marriott Prestige Golfshire etc.) or Taj (1 point ~ 0.5 INR valuation).

I am currently saving up for PostCard myself!

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
How much do you have to pay to get 125000 points ?
These points can get you 3--5 nights stay
A whopping 60k+18% gst
@raghav_mri on #2, most people stack up these points (as they have no expiry) and use them to convert to marriot bonvoy points under some promotional offers (like last dec 1MR point was equal to 1.3 MB point, so 30% additional bonus).
Redeeming in vouchers is not at all recommended from this card, this card is only made or only profitable if you are into hotel/airmiles game. Otherwise opting this card is a strict no.

Regarding joining fee in instalments, I haven't heard any case, does amex give this option? I doubt so as banks primary business is to make money on interests, I don't think they would allow this and loose their interests.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A whopping 60k+18% gst
@raghav_mri on #2, most people stack up these points (as they have no expiry) and use them to convert to marriot bonvoy points under some promotional offers (like last dec 1MR point was equal to 1.3 MB point, so 30% additional bonus).
Redeeming in vouchers is not at all recommended from this card, this card is only made or only profitable if you are into hotel/airmiles game. Otherwise opting this card is a strict no.

Regarding joining fee in instalments, I haven't heard any case, does amex give this option? I doubt so as banks primary business is to make money on interests, I don't think they would allow this and loose their interests.
I've heard and read about that option #2 of paying the annual fee installments, but only during renewal as the retention "offer" to ease the burden of the high annual fee.

raghav_mri

TF Buzz
A whopping 60k+18% gst

Thanks for your input :) Then this card will not make any sense to me