• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Axis Vistara Credit Cards Huge Devaluation wef 3rd January 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
The New Year is almost around the corner, with just one month remaining in 2023, and we are almost ready to welcome 2024. However, the new year is not going to be very rewarding for Axis Vistara credit card holders. Axis announced some major changes in all three of their Vistara co-branded credit cards today.

Effective from January 3, 2024:
  • Government services transactions will not be eligible for earning Club Vistara points and achieving milestone benefits.
  • Utilities transactions will not be eligible for earning Club Vistara points and achieving milestone benefits.
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 7.32.47 PM.png

So, the thing is now, Axis Vistara Credit Cards will not earn CV points on all spends under fuel, wallet, rent payment, government payment, and utility payment categories. [Government Payment & Utility Payment will be excluded after January 3, 2024].

I can understand why all banks are targeting the utility payment category, but this is totally unfair for common credit card users. Banks can implement some capping on the maximum reward points one customer can earn from the utility category rather than totally excluding it. The bank must not forget that utility is a very essential category; everyone spends some money on utility every month. I don't think this move is a good idea. However, it's the bank's decision, but you can also close your Axis Vistara cards and move to SBI Vistara or IDFC First Vistara Credit Card.

Official link to the devaluation PDF copy: https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...-vistara-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf [PDF copy attached].

Attachments

• revision-of-axis-bank-vistara-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    143 KB · Views: 27

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Finally its time.. Govt + Utilities is also stopping for CV points on Axis Vistara Cards.. Had to happen.. it was excluded in the first round... Screen attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-27-18-54-26-401_com.picsel.tgv.app.smartoffice.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-27-18-54-26-401_com.picsel.tgv.app.smartoffice.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 72
Yes, just received message: Dear Customer, the terms and conditions on your Axis Bank Vistara Credit Card will be revised w.e.f. 03-01-24. For details, visit Axbk.in/AQU3JHXCb3H.

Attachments

• 20231127_185833.png
    20231127_185833.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 18

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Better they cap these kind of transactions. Sadly, that is not how banks operate.
Making reward rate just right is key. Only specific cards have done that- SC Ultimate, Axis Ace.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hit or miss
I have it LTF and the most prominent use i have for it is BoB centric offers and occasional wallet load if PayTM gives good cashback on wallet loading (after i see the notification)
Good card to have LTF... It was one time offer only, right?

rogerthat

TF Ace
Looks like Axis is consolidating its reward earning categories across the portfolio.

Its basically broadly three different categories:
  • Affluent cards (Select, Privilege, etc)
  • Co-branded cards (Airtel, Flipkart, Samsung, etc)
  • HNI cards (Magnus OG, Vistara, Reserve)
The exclusions are similar for these categories, right? Only Atlas has escaped as of now.

But can Atlas be included in the HNI category? I think it is a standalone category? It is already excluded from insurance spends which is not excluded for Magnus, Vistara and Reserve. For this reason it will be very unfair for Atlas to be devalued.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looks like Axis is consolidating its reward earning categories across the portfolio.

Its basically broadly three different categories:
  • Affluent cards (Select, Privilege, etc)
  • Co-branded cards (Airtel, Flipkart, Samsung, etc)
  • HNI cards (Magnus OG, Vistara, Reserve)
The exclusions are similar for these categories, right? Only Atlas has escaped as of now.

But can Atlas be included in the HNI category? I think it is a standalone category? It is already excluded from insurance spends which is not excluded for Magnus, Vistara and Reserve. For this reason it will be very unfair for Atlas to be devalued.
Here, there is no mention of beginner cards. Neo and Myzone etc. Reason being?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I can understand why all banks are targeting the utility payment category, but this is totally unfair for common credit card users. Banks can implement some capping on the maximum reward points one customer can earn from the utility category rather than totally excluding it. The bank must not forget that utility is a very essential category; everyone spends some money on utility every month. I don't think this move is a good idea.
True.

This was needed to be pointed out