• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Axis Vistara Credit Cards Huge Devaluation wef 3rd January 2024

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
At this rate, day is not far off when credit cards will earn rewards only in few categories like retail, shopping, entertainment, dining etc. (disposable income spending stuff)

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
what the hell. How will I pay 50 Lakh income tax every year? which credit card to use now?
LOL.. this is one card where LTF is nearly impossible and there is no waiver of annual fee criteria or any annual points - CV Gold is what you get with upgrade vouchers.. so for a paid card of 10k . devaluation is definitely sad..property tax, income tax, registration fees, general payments etx are all xcluded.. and utilities too..

adi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I want to close the axis vistara infinite cc.
Last transaction I did on 20th nov. Fee was charged on 24th nov.
But the problem is both are on the same statement. So, they are denying fee reversal.
Is there any possibility to get fee reversal? If yes, how?

shashankrt

TF Premier
I want to close the axis vistara infinite cc.
Last transaction I did on 20th nov. Fee was charged on 24th nov.
But the problem is both are on the same statement. So, they are denying fee reversal.
Is there any possibility to get fee reversal? If yes, how?
Unfortunately not. Axis just doesnt reverse fees once charged. Try sending mail to PNO.

manas_rock

TF Select
Guys btw manas is actually serious about paying 50L in taxes
yes, thats actually right. I have 2 magnus, 2 vistara in family- got all 4 primarily for tax payment. first magnus stopped- now vistara has stopped. I actually pay 70-80L tax every year for whole family. WHICH card to use from Jan? I will 20L taxes in next 48 hours

shashankrt

TF Premier
I can understand why all banks are targeting the utility payment category, but this is totally unfair for common credit card users. Banks can implement some capping on the maximum reward points one customer can earn from the utility category rather than totally excluding it. The bank must not forget that utility is a very essential category; everyone spends some money on utility every month. I don't think this move is a good idea. However, it's the bank's decision, but you can also close your Axis Vistara cards and move to SBI Vistara or IDFC First Vistara Credit Card.

Official link to the devaluation PDF copy: https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...-vistara-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf [PDF copy attached].
Isnt it better to buy Amazon voucher through gifr / smartbuy and use it to pay utilities? So not sure why ppl use ccs to pay utilities.

shashankrt

TF Premier
yes, thats actually right. I have 2 magnus, 2 vistara in family- got all 4 primarily for tax payment. first magnus stopped- now vistara has stopped. I actually pay 70-80L tax every year for whole family. WHICH card to use from Jan? I will 20L taxes in next 48 hours
Amex Plat charge or travel? Either business or personal.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I asked them MCC for a transaction I did last week, they said its not allowed as per bank policy. How the fcccck are we supposed to know which tx are not allowed if they don't share the MCC with us?

ALOAK

TF Ace
You can pay tax but you won't be eligible for CV points and Milstone benefit from 3rd Jan 2024.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Looks like they want to charge Hefty fee's and reduce rewards. Mostly very few hit the milestone. They don't want to issue vouchers looks like they are taking a hit on it. To reduce it they have devalued where utility is very very important. If this is the case . I presume everyone will.kove back to SC Ultimate as that is the only one which gives u rewards points literally everything. After this gold status foes not matter at all as even.lounge access gets denied if u don't have vistara ticket for a gold card member which I experienced in Delhi.