Yes Bank Credit Cards Huge Devaluation | Yes Private Unaffected

Surprise from Yes Bank! Yes Bank has devalued all their credit cards.
Effective from 1st May, 2024, Yes Bank will change the fuel surcharge capping for a few of their credit cards. The new fuel surcharge capping is as follows:
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 6.08.14 PM.png
Spends made on rent and wallet loading using paid Yes Bank credit cards will not be counted towards the annual fee reversal criteria. But wait, these are all basic things; almost all banks follow this.
Here comes the surprise from Yes Bank: an additional 1% charge will be levied on all utility bill payments made in a statement cycle. Wow! This is truly astonishing from Yes Bank. First, rent, then wallet, and now on utility bill payments, they will charge an extra 1%.
This is a totally unwelcome move by Yes Bank. I hope Yes Bank credit card holders will refrain from using their cards for any utility transactions. And hopefully, no other bank will follow this move. I mean, putting a cap on reward earnings in the utility category is understandable as it's a low-margin category for banks, but charging extra is too much.
One good thing is that Yes Bank's private credit card remains unaffected.

Update: 1st april, 2024

Yes Bank finally made some good changes in their last communication. Seems like Yes Bank is listening to our voice! Amazing 👏
We should really appreciate banks if they start listening to their customers' opinions.
The changes are:
Screenshot_20240401_183417_Drive.jpg
Now, a charge of 1% will be applicable on all utility transactions on spends above INR 15,000 in a month. Earlier, Rs. 15,000 capping was not there and customers had to pay 1% extra on all utility spends. But after our post and negative opinions, the bank decided to allow Rs. 15,000 per month spends on the utility category without any extra fees, which is a good capping in my opinion.

Abhi5467

Wait till you see the joining and annual fees of credit cards in USA and UK
How can you compare credit products from 2 different economies? USA me Ford Mustang 35 lakh ki milti hai, can you buy it for me in India for same amount? We pay almost double on iPhones, etc. In USA you can get an iPhone on contract basis on mere 50$ per month, then why same is not available in India. Their cards have different reward structure. You want Indians with 50k-60k salary to pay $250 for a credit card joining fee? Bhai idhar 500-500 k cards LTF karane me lage hai log. I would happily pay the joining fees when my income rivals that of same guy in USA. The guy in my profession earns 50k-60k in India while same earns 5-6 lakhs per month in USA. Even after expenses aside 3 lakh per month is a dream for many in India. Compare Indian market because we are in India.

Wait till you see the joining and annual fees of credit cards in USA and UK
Indian credit card market is completely different.

Ek baat mai kuch logo ko samjha nahi pata ki US Credit card market me Visa/mastercard ne dusre countries k logo ka khun choos kar k apne country America me higher rewards diye hain.

The world is changing, tumlogo ko US Credit Card market me devaluation jald he dekhne ko mil sakta hai.

S.1838 - Credit Card Competition Act of 2023 bill pass hone ki me bas jitna time lage US congress me.

Is saal Visa/mastercard k uppar million dollar ka bribe dene ka iljam lagaya hai, US congress me yeh bill pass na hone dene k liye.

Jisko S.1838 - Credit Card Competition Act of 2023 k uppar padhna hai, padh sakte ho -

Ek aur baat, US me FEDNOW already launch ho gaya hai, bas large scale pe expand hone ki der hai.

FEDNOW k transaction fee bahot kam hai, just 4 cent and payment request pe only 1 cent per transaction.

The FedNow Service allows for merchant transactions, including point-of-sale transactions, merchant funding, and loan disbursements.

Surprise from Yes Bank! Yes Bank has devalued all their credit cards.
Effective from 1st May, 2024, Yes Bank will change the fuel surcharge capping for a few of their credit cards. The new fuel surcharge capping is as follows:
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 6.08.14 PM.png
Spends made on rent and wallet loading using paid Yes Bank credit cards will not be counted towards the annual fee reversal criteria. But wait, these are all basic things; almost all banks follow this.
Here comes the surprise from Yes Bank: an additional 1% charge will be levied on all utility bill payments made in a statement cycle. Wow! This is truly astonishing from Yes Bank. First, rent, then wallet, and now on utility bill payments, they will charge an extra 1%.
This is a totally unwelcome move by Yes Bank. I hope Yes Bank credit card holders will refrain from using their cards for any utility transactions. And hopefully, no other bank will follow this move. I mean, putting a cap on reward earnings in the utility category is understandable as it's a low-margin category for banks, but charging extra is too much.
One good thing is that Yes Bank's private credit card remains unaffected.

Update: 1st april, 2024

Yes Bank finally made some good changes in their last communication. Seems like Yes Bank is listening to our voice! Amazing 👏
We should really appreciate banks if they start listening to their customers' opinions.
The changes are:
Screenshot_20240401_183417_Drive.jpg
Now, a charge of 1% will be applicable on all utility transactions on spends above INR 15,000 in a month. Earlier, Rs. 15,000 capping was not there and customers had to pay 1% extra on all utility spends. But after our post and negative opinions, the bank decided to allow Rs. 15,000 per month spends on the utility category without any extra fees, which is a good capping in my opinion.
All Yes cards which offer free international lounge access do NOT have any spend requirement.
Use Yes card DIRECTLY in the swipe machine in a foreign country airport lounge.
no Priority pass, no Dreamfolks card.

Only domestic Lounge access has a 35000 spend requirement in the previous quarter