• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX application submitted, What is next?

jd123

TF Buzz
I already submitted an application for the new AMEX credit card. The application number is generated. What is next procedure?
IMG_20220919_101835.jpg

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I already submitted an application for the new AMEX credit card. The application number is generated. What is next procedure?
IMG_20220919_101835.jpg
I applied for it at around 12-1pm.
Received an email for vkyc and upload income docs. Did the kyc, the agent reminded me to upload income docs.
I uploaded the documents and by 7 pm i Received a sms from Amex saying my email id was updated, simultaneously received an email saying application was approved.

jd123

TF Buzz
If you saw my attached screenshot, I don't get the option regarding the vkyc. It said that the American express representative may contact for the necessary documents. How can I approach nex? t

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied for it at around 12-1pm.
Received an email for vkyc and upload income docs. Did the kyc, the agent reminded me to upload income docs.
I uploaded the documents and by 7 pm i Received a sms from Amex saying my email id was updated, simultaneously received an email saying application was approved.
What are the docs u uploaded?

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I applied for a Platinum Travel card yesterday morning. Immediately got a VKYC link. Completed it. Then got an email to upload income documents. Uploaded.

Again in the evening got an email saying this is a reminder, please upload income documents. Have uploaded once again.

*** EDIT ***

Got another reminder just now to upload documents. Called customer care.

IVRS asked me to type my 15 digit card number. I typed random digits. IVRS said the number is not valid. Your associated card number starts with XYZZ. I can wait for you to find the card or I can connect you to customer care. Then when I spoke to representative, she said dont worry just upload once again. When I mentioned the IVRS saying there is a card number associated with my phone, she said it is standard AMEX recording ignore it.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied for a Platinum Travel card yesterday morning. Immediately got a VKYC link. Completed it. Then got an email to upload income documents. Uploaded.

Again in the evening got an email saying this is a reminder, please upload income documents. Have uploaded once again.
Uploaded salary slip Or itr?

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Isn't that a very low tier card for you :unsure: :unsure:
Some points I considered before applying for MRCC on the first day of opening despite of no running offers-

1. I do not have an Amex card, there will be a lot of applications and this will delay the card if I apply after a week or so, mine has already been approved.
2. As per @TechnoFino Referrals might start in November, Will be targeting to hit 1500x4 milestone each month and set off the joining fees for first year.
3. When the referrals do start, I will apply for Plat Travel or Gold Charge and make MRCC as a companion card, till then will discover what Amex Redemptions are possible for max return.
4. I had more than 3 CIBIL enquiries due to recent loan applications, I assumed they will not follow the unofficial 3 enquiries in the last three months in the beginning so I didn't mind absorbing 1000+Gst, just took a chance.
5. Currently all spends are on Magnus, unsure if Ill be able to spend much on Amex as of now.

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi @Revitup asking for friend he applied this afternoon completed KYC and uploaded income documents..how many days for approval
I was approved in 6-7 hours. I applied at 12-1pm and approved at 7pm.
It all depends on rush of applications in the start.
I have no other experience with Amex prior to this.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Some points I considered before applying for MRCC on the first day of opening despite of no running offers-

1. I do not have an Amex card, there will be a lot of applications and this will delay the card if I apply after a week or so, mine has already been approved.
2. As per @TechnoFino Referrals might start in November, Will be targeting to hit 1500x4 milestone each month and set off the joining fees for first year.
3. When the referrals do start, I will apply for Plat Travel or Gold Charge and make MRCC as a companion card, till then will discover what Amex Redemptions are possible for max return.
4. I had more than 3 CIBIL enquiries due to recent loan applications, I assumed they will not follow the unofficial 3 enquiries in the last three months in the beginning so I didn't mind absorbing 1000+Gst, just took a chance.
5. Currently all spends are on Magnus, unsure if Ill be able to spend much on Amex as of now.
Thanks for the descriptive answer also doesn't amex waive off first year fee if spends are high within the first few months (obviously after talking to them)

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the descriptive answer also doesn't amex waive off first year fee if spends are high within the first few months (obviously after talking to them)
Im not sure, will surely try if Im able to spend high. No prior experience with Amex as I said. Lets see how it goes.