• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex thinks my application is fraud

AJ-

TF Buzz
I referred my wife amex gold charge card who already hold platinum travel. Application was on hold for more than 2 weeks asked to upload aadhar and bank statements multiple times. She confirmed it is a genuine application, received the mail stating Fraud Application India. When enquired they thought someone applied the card without her knowledge. Its still in pending state, can @BestBanker help me to check application status?
20240956900246INR

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I referred my wife amex gold charge card who already hold platinum travel. Application was on hold for more than 2 weeks asked to upload aadhar and bank statements multiple times. She confirmed it is a genuine application, received the mail stating Fraud Application India. When enquired they thought someone applied the card without her knowledge. Its still in pending state, can @BestBanker help me to check application status?
20240956900246INR
D m him directly

bloodcurdle

TF Buzz
20240956900246INR
Its same with me. I don’t know the reasons

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
20240956900246INR
Its same with me. I don’t know the reasons
Have you guys used any vpn during the application process?? Or anything out of normal??

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I don’t quite remember but i do have vpn with me
Yes, it must have registered a foreign IP while lodging the application…
talk to CC and see what they had to say…
OR
Wait until this application expires or 90 days and then re apply without VPN on
OR
You can apply for another card after a final decision is out in the current application..
AND / OR
You can DM me for full guidance next time you apply for another card …
AND
Thanks for reading until this point…
Have a nice rest of the evening !!

Last edited:

bloodcurdle

TF Buzz
Yes, it must have registered a foreign IP while lodging the application…
talk to CC and see what they had to say…
OR
Wait until this application expires or 90 days and then re apply without VPN on
OR
You can apply for another card after a final decision is out in the current application..
AND / OR
You can DM me for full guidance next time you apply for another card …
AND
Thanks for reading until this point…
Have a nice rest of the evening !!
Both of my AMEX Travel and Gold got approved

• Love
Reactions: SSV