• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting my non-salaried Mom an Amex

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is it possible for someone who is technically a housewife to get an Amex. My mom pretty much just manages properties (rent) and our house’s finances nowadays. She does travel between Singapore and India quite often and makes education, travel, insurance, utility, fuel payments on her HDFC DCB often. She used to work but retired 4-5 years ago.

Recently she has expressed her desire in getting an Amex but I told her that she probably wouldn’t be able to. My dad does have the Gold charge card in India and Singapore but I don’t think this will help my mom get one.

NAB

TF Premier
There is no harm in applying once for the card, assuming you fulfill the basic age and income criteria.
You can use your father's referral link for the benefits as well.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Is it possible for someone who is technically a housewife to get an Amex. My mom pretty much just manages properties (rent) and our house’s finances nowadays. She does travel between Singapore and India quite often and makes education, travel, insurance, utility, fuel payments on her HDFC DCB often. She used to work but retired 4-5 years ago.

Recently she has expressed her desire in getting an Amex but I told her that she probably wouldn’t be able to. My dad does have the Gold charge card in India and Singapore but I don’t think this will help my mom get one.
If she has been filing ITR till date, you can definitely try

IG there's an option to apply for housewife as well as retired individuals

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Yes can be applied for an House Wife if they are filing ITR more than 6L.

Just mention the option as Self Employed and if they need any documents share them Form 16A, 16B, 16 Part A which can be downloaded from Income tax self portal.

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes can be applied for an House Wife if they are filing ITR more than 6L.

Just mention the option as Self Employed and if they need any documents share them Form 16A, 16B, 16 Part A which can be downloaded from Income tax self portal.

She doesn’t file ITR

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Often times, with a good credit profile and high CIBIL score, no proof of income is asked for and the card gets approved directly.

It's a hit or miss case, but there are some factors that you should be aware of before applying that boosts your chances of getting the card!

DM me your credit details and we can discuss more about it.