• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express Platinum Travel

Legionomous

TF Buzz
Went with the flow and used a referral link to get the AMEX Platinum travel since it was FYF. Now that I have received it, how can I make the most out of it based on experts?

The brochure received with the card says:
1) 10,000 membership points as welcome gift - Is this still relevant for FYF cards? If not, by when can I see it reflected in my account?
2) Priority pass membership - It mentions that I should receive a complementary priority pass but haven't received it along with the card. With Axis magnus, I received the priority pass along with the card but don't know about AMEX.
3) I remember some points to be rewarded as well for both the referrer and the referee. But don't know if I need to fulfil some criteria for the same.

What else could I do with the card that would help me to make the most out of it like buying some gift cards or anything similar? This is not my primary card so definitely won't be able to make spends worth 1,90,000 in a year.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Went with the flow and used a referral link to get the AMEX Platinum travel since it was FYF. Now that I have received it, how can I make the most out of it based on experts?

1) 10,000 membership points as welcome gift - Is this still relevant for FYF cards? If not, by when can I see it reflected in my account?
2) Priority pass membership - It mentions that I should receive a complementary priority pass but haven't received it along with the card. With Axis magnus, I received the priority pass along with the card but don't know about AMEX.
3) I remember some points to be rewarded as well for both the referrer and the referee. But don't know if I need to fulfil some criteria for the same.

What else could I do with the card that would help me to make the most out of it like buying some gift cards or anything similar? This is not my primary card so definitely won't be able to make spends worth 1,90,000 in a year.
If you are not able to spend 1.9L then you will get very bad reward rate will this card. You should have better taken MRCC or gold card because of their monthly milestone.
1. No 10k points only on joining fee paid card
2.Priority pass need to be requested but no complementary visits.
3.Referral points is 2k which you will get on 5k spends in 30 days

ALOAK

TF Ace
And i completed my 4L milestone and received 25k mr plus 10k voucher taj in 2 days of completing it. For 1.9L milestone already recived 15k MR Usally they say 130 days. Second time i completed milestone both times they sent within 4days. However may vary accordingly some get soon some get delayed.

I too got plat travel recently for the explorer’s kit and fyf scheme
All milestone benefits got over now regretting it
Should have gone for plat reserve / charge because of new benefits it offers