• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Platinum Charge is here - Getting my hands into AMEX cards finally

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Though the cost is very high for PCharge, got myself into Gold card 1st and then MRCC and finally now Plat Charge as well after many thoughts and thoughts....

Thanks to @anirban.choudhury for getting me into Amex system.:love:

1st learning was even entering CVV correctly from Visa/Master to Amex way of how and where the CVV of the card is :rolleyes: 🤣

1713636191673.jpeg

Tested recently Plat Charge at HP petrol and got 5% MR points.

1713636051996.png

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bonus MR points only on Plat Charge card that too in the ratio of 1 Point per 100.

So we get 5 MR points per Rs.100, good benefit considering Fuel.
Indeed, which translates to 5% MR(higher than what you get normally, for 1MR per 40spent in PCharge) + GST Surcharge savings.

NEVER tried GCharge as it is only used for 6x1000 APAY vouchers so far by me.

PS: I switched from Shell to HP after Amex card acceptance, which itself saves another 10-15% cost for me depending upon the fuel variant, due to the higher fuel charges by Shell.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@bvc19296 if some one is eligible for infinia should for plat charge ?
I never had to give any documents for PCharge.

Obtained GCharge first waited for sometime
Obtained MRCC next (no VKYC)
Applied PCharge on the same day of MRCC, PCharge was put on hold while MRCC was approved in few hours. (Thanks @anirban.choudhury who has helped throughout the process for all my silly questions with extra bonuses)

When I asked CCare they said, it is a premium card, blah blah gyaan. Then with 2days it got approved with no questions asked.

PS: I do hold Infinia, but that is really not needed if you want PCharge. If you meet their requirement go -ahead and apply, have sufficient docs as needed in case if they ask for clarification.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@bvc19296 if some one is eligible for infinia should for plat charge ?
Both cards operate in different league. Infinia is still tough nut to crack and get it. But Amex eased of on getting Plat Charge card.

Coming to benefits wise, As you are aware of Infinia because you got it recently I will not go deep there. For Amex Plat charge card that's purely lifestyle based card. combination of both will have intersection of many benefits.

Same Benefits:

- Unlimited Lounges for Primary and Add On
- Golf Benefits
- Concierge (Amex is better though)
- Golf benefits

Differential Benefits on Amex As you know Infinia benefits

- Take it only on upgrade route (135K MR earlier, 125K + some laptop sleeve now)
- Will give access to Delta, Centurion, Amex Lounges
- Club Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, Taj Epicure
- Reward Multiplier gives additional chance for vouchers as you have limit on HDFC Gyftr.

If your lifestyle choices match above criteria you can chose, else hold it for 1 year and close it if you don't get good retention beneft.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I never had to give any documents for PCharge.

Obtained GCharge first waited for sometime
Obtained MRCC next (no VKYC)
Applied PCharge on the same day of MRCC, PCharge was put on hold while MRCC was approved in few hours. (Thanks @anirban.choudhury who has helped throughout the process for all my silly questions with extra bonuses)

When I asked CCare they said, it is a premium card, blah blah gyaan. Then with 2days it got approved with no questions asked.

PS: I do hold Infinia, but that is really not needed if you want PCharge. If you meet their requirement go -ahead and apply, have sufficient docs as needed in case if they ask for clarification.
Yes @anirban.choudhury will definitely help.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Both cards operate in different league. Infinia is still tough nut to crack and get it. But Amex eased of on getting Plat Charge card.

Coming to benefits wise, As you are aware of Infinia because you got it recently I will not go deep there. For Amex Plat charge card that's purely lifestyle based card. combination of both will have intersection of many benefits.

Same Benefits:

- Unlimited Lounges for Primary and Add On
- Golf Benefits
- Concierge (Amex is better though)
- Golf benefits

Differential Benefits on Amex As you know Infinia benefits

- Take it only on upgrade route (135K MR earlier, 125K + some laptop sleeve now)
- Will give access to Delta, Centurion, Amex Lounges
- Club Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, Taj Epicure
- Reward Multiplier gives additional chance for vouchers as you have limit on HDFC Gyftr.

If your lifestyle choices match above criteria you can chose, else hold it for 1 year and close it if you don't get good retention beneft.
Thanks a lot :)

These benifit are great worth when combined with coporateoffers

Radisson, Hilton, Taj Epicure

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@bvc19296
Just wishing one day AMEX will solve acceptance issue
for me now amex acceptance is almost 1 in 50 :(

I had similar issue with DCB..But now almost all accepting DCB
The problem with Amex is they don’t have dedicated banking ecosystem to get merchants with some benefits. They work on Credit card, POS and payment gateway(not sure in India) only. So they’re having tough time in on boarding customers and merchants and more over high MDR charges.

Coming to Diners network that’s taken care by HDFC and sharing by Rupay also now.

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That was so sweet of Amex 👏 👏 👏 , when the Membership fees were raised, I still didn't meet the 50k spent for the welcome gift.

But when the next TXN got me into 50k, got the Welcome gift MR points which I opted for (instead of 45k Taj).

PS: I am yet to pay the membership fee (normally I have seen Yes or other banks giving Joining benefits giving after payment only)

1714398307893.png