• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Tried applying for RG C2C LTF but application shows decline

nomad

TF Premier
Hi TechnoFins,
I applied for the RG card LTF on C2C basis based on the Special Pricinf Offer I got to know here.
I used my FK Axis card with 6L+ limit for the application. My CIBIL stands at 785 right now and total CL available to me is ~18L with credit utilisation not even reaching 3% nowadays. Credit age for the oldest card is 4 years now
Other cards:
ICICI APay
AMEX - 2 months old now

I first received an SMS
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application No.xxxxxxx is approved in principle subject to Internal Checks. We will update you soon.

Which then changed to
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No.xxxxxxx has been processed. Track status after 2 days here

When checking the tracker, it now shows Decline

I heard that >5L CL is a done deal and even for income criteria (if required) I meet that.

Should I be mailing somewhere to HDFC asking for the reasons for declining the application or should wait for a few days as some people mentioned that they received email for income proof etc and the application was approved later on?

TIA to everyone

nomad

TF Premier
As always, HDFC strikes back.
Got a call today that I don't meet some criteria and hence being downgraded to Millenia.

Browsing through the forum, got enough idea that availing Millenia now could become a death nail in getting SPCs later on so declined.

1 CIBIL hit wasted.

@S S V @4uziaul @deep@vie @vijay.vj should I relax or should I try some other bank card now?

deep@vie

TF Legend
As always, HDFC strikes back.
Got a call today that I don't meet some criteria and hence being downgraded to Millenia.

Browsing through the forum, got enough idea that availing Millenia now could become a death nail in getting SPCs later on so declined.

1 CIBIL hit wasted.

@S S V @4uziaul @deep@vie @vijay.vj should I relax or should I try some other bank card now?
Where will @nomad use a card?😂
I guess that was HDFC's rationale

Hi TechnoFins,
I applied for the RG card LTF on C2C basis based on the Special Pricinf Offer I got to know here.
I used my FK Axis card with 6L+ limit for the application. My CIBIL stands at 785 right now and total CL available to me is ~18L with credit utilisation not even reaching 3% nowadays. Credit age for the oldest card is 4 years now
Other cards:
ICICI APay
AMEX - 2 months old now

I first received an SMS
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application No.xxxxxxx is approved in principle subject to Internal Checks. We will update you soon.

Which then changed to
Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No.xxxxxxx has been processed. Track status after 2 days here

I heard that >5L CL is a done deal and even for income criteria (if required) I meet that.

Should I be mailing somewhere to HDFC asking for the reasons for declining the application or should wait for a few days as some people mentioned that they received email for income proof etc and the application was approved later on?

TIA to everyone
What is the "Special Pricinf Offer"?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi TechnoFins,
Other cards:
ICICI APay
AMEX - 2 months old now

I first received an SMS

Which then changed to

TIA to everyone
what's the hurry.. use the cards u have for a few yrs.. all ccs will come.. are your annual spends high in the 5L + category?.. Use your amex.. rushing to get too many cards wont help.. go slow and steady..

nomad

TF Premier
what's the hurry.. use the cards u have for a few yrs.. all ccs will come.. are your annual spends high in the 5L + category?.. Use your amex.. rushing to get too many cards wont help.. go slow and steady..
No hurry but I did not have a HDFC card right now and 2 out of 3 cards I have don't offer Lounge Access.
Since, there is a possibility to get a SPC card LTF, why not try it?

My spends do not go near 5L mark.

Acceptance is a big issue with AMEX as a lot of times I may have spends but the merchant does not accept it. Have to use the other cards then.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No hurry but I did not have a HDFC card right now and 2 out of 3 cards I have don't offer Lounge Access.
Since, there is a possibility to get a SPC card LTF, why not try it?

My spends do not go near 5L mark.

Acceptance is a big issue with AMEX as a lot of times I may have spends but the merchant does not accept it. Have to use the other cards then.
yeah.. and see what happens... Credit score build will take long.. you will need it for other reasons.. go slow.. Lounge access means lits of travel, do u travel a lot?.. Take your time.. build slowly.. will hold you in good stead in the long run.. Use what you have.. HDFC will also happen