• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The LTF Legend Credit Card Experience

Hi all,

This might be a rant/vent, but let me share a frustrating journey/experience with IndusInd Bank Credit Card that was offered to me LTF, which I accepted after being called atleast 5 times a week.

On a fine rainy day in middle of August (or maybe a week before), I received a call. The person on the other side told me that IndusInd Legend was one of the most premium credit cards of IndusInd Bank and it's a really good offer that I am getting it LTF, even though I see the offer everyday on the Amazon App. I told them I don't want it, and bid goodbye. Next day or maybe two days later, another agent called and said the same. This went on for 2 weeks and just for the sake of not having to pick up their calls further, I agreed to applying for the card after confirming a few things - Whether it is truly LTF (no conditions), and let them know that I won't be using it anyway, it will be lying in my locker. I also told them I won't be available to receive the card if they sent me the same week, but it can be received by another member of the family. They were fine with that as long as they can sell me the card.

The process was smooth, no complaints, application was completed and pre-approved in a matter of 10 minutes and they even told me the credit limit on call. So far, I was very impressed with their behaviour and efficiency. That's fine, all is well, another card I can add to my collection whether I use it or not, I saw no harm.

They dispatched the card in a day or two and it was expected to recieve the card on around 26th or 27th of August. They used Bluedart to send it, and it never reached to me, no one ever tried to deliver or contacted me either to confirm the delivery of the card, which they usually do. I was fine with the card being sent back as well because I would not be using it anyway but I was a little disappointed at the delivery service. It lied at the delivery hub (no further attempts to deliver) for a week or 2 before being sent back to their office.

At the end of August or start of September, I received a mail - Your CIBIL Report has changed. I don't remember applying for any more cards after that, so I was perplexed. I quickly opened my CIBIL report and to my surprise, I saw the card added to my report. Keep in mind I never activated the card using OTP, I never even received the card in my hand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, RBI guidelines suggest that no card should be added to the report of any credit bureau unless it has been activated using OTP. I was upset with this behaviour and I immediately sent a mail to their credit card care. Never received a "receipt" mail that my complaint is lodged or not, so, I sent a mail to their exclusive mailing team, after which I did receive both the "receipt" mails. As stated by them, I waited 3 days, they never reverted back. I wrote another mail to their nodal officer, following the escalation ladder and that did the job. They replied back using some premium care email and told me, it is normal for cards to be added to my report because according to them, the card was active. WOW!

I replied back to them stating the RBI guidelines, and that I have not received the card even, so how can they add it? After 2 days, they called me to confirm my address to try and deliver it again and this time, within a week, I received the card via BlueDart!

I was still not happy with what they have done, so, I waited for the card to be closed due to non-activated after 30 days + 7 days grace from date of issue, and meanwhile, I raised a complaint to RBI stating all the facts about violating the rules.

Next, I mailed them again, after some 37 days that I still see the card on my CIBIL report and stated 2 guidelines from RBI:

1. Card cannot be added without being activated using OTP which I never did.
2. Card should be closed and removed from the report if not activated within 30 days from date of issue ( + 7 days).

They promised again, they'll get back to this within 3 working days but they never did, as usual. I didn't escalate it this time and just let RBI do their job, which they did! Thank you, RBI.

Today, I received a call from their credit card department. They told me that they are calling me regarding the complaint I lodged with RBI about adding an enquiry. I corrected them, told them it is not about any enquiry, I am fine with the enquiry, not with the added card on my profile. They told me since the card was approved, it is marked as active and hence reported to CIBIL. I told them that's not how it works and cited the rules again. They denied enforcing those rules and told me I was wrong. I told them that my card should automatically be cancelled and closed, since I never activated it. They told me it's in blocked state and not closed, I can keep it like that and activate it whenever I want. I told them I don't need their card, they can close it. They tried to persuade me to activate the card in case of emergency and stuff, told me that Legend card is the most desirable card that everyone wants now. I repeated that I want this card closed, to which they complied and told me I would receive an email regarding the request.

This experience makes me rethink about accepting any LTF card offered by anyone in India. Never again, not atleast with IndusInd Credit Cards.

I don't know if I am in the wrong about RBI guidelines but I made sure to do my research before making the report to RBI. Let me know if the rules are different or if they have changed recently.

UPDATE: 03 November, 2023 - IndusInd Bank has removed the card from my CIBIL Report after I sent a reminder mail that it was still active on the report.

Last edited:
Then you just wasted time.

You're just trying to look ok 🤔.

First you were anti of account showing up in CIBIL, that's why you complained, right?

And now you're saying you're ok 😂.
🥲 I can't fight the system. How can an employee be so ignorant to RBI Rules?

Edit: Not just an employee but a whole credit card department.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@krizxrofficial
The credit card account should be removed. Axis did the same to me and after raising RBI complaint and citing the rules and said i will ask for compensation and escalate again with RBI they removed the card from CIBIL. They kept asking me to cancel it myself as that was the process, i didnt budge one bit!

@krizxrofficial
The credit card account should be removed. Axis did the same to me and after raising RBI complaint and citing the rules and said i will ask for compensation and escalate again with RBI they removed the card from CIBIL. They kept asking me to cancel it myself as that was the process, i didnt budge one bit!
What do you suggest? Should I call back asking for the same? They haven't closed it yet, I'm still getting messages for my "Blocked" Credit Card.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What do you suggest? Should I call back asking for the same? They haven't closed it yet, I'm still getting messages for my "Blocked" Credit Card.
In my case, Axis asked me confirmation to close the card on call. I asked them to send email which they did send after, asking me confirmation to close card so they can mark it as closed in Cibil report and not remove it. I sent them an email citing the rules link and telling them i would further escalate with RBI and ask for compensation since Axis is not following rules. Within 2 days, card got removed from CIBIl report.

Its up to you to decide what to do from here! But as per rules, a card shouldn't get added in account if its not activated. Period!

In my case, Axis asked me confirmation to close the card on call. I asked them to send email which they did send after, asking me confirmation to close card so they can mark it as closed in Cibil report and not remove it. I sent them an email citing the rules link and telling them i would further escalate with RBI and ask for compensation since Axis is not following rules. Within 2 days, card got removed from CIBIl report.

Its up to you to decide what to do from here! But as per rules, a card shouldn't get added in account if its not activated. Period!
I cited the rules as well in the mail, they're saying I'm wrong. 🤣 I am speechless, brother.

nirmalya

TF Select
Most of them neither aware of RBI guidelines and nor implement the same. It's sad a reality, arguing with them only wastes our time and effort. There are so many new rules which have been introduced from RBI but hardly many banks follow that.
With respect to Bluedart, I have noticed their service is better in smaller cities compared to their pathetic service in Metro cities atleast in my case.

ankit_tf

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
IndusInd may have the worst customer service out there among major banks. But this practice of not honoring that activation rule is not uncommon.

Last year, I had agreed for IDFC FIRST wealth card after denying it for a long time. The card was approved and linked to my account, i think almost immediately. But I was still not convinced about keeping the card. So despite having received the card, I didn't activate it. In fact there was a sticker on the card that said, if card was not activated in 30 days it will be cancelled.
I didn't activate/set pin for the card for at least 6 months and was hoping it might get cancelled, despite it started appearing in my cibil. the card was still not cancelled.

Update:

A small excerpt of their mail to me:

"We wish to inform you that the credit card reporting is made on your bureau is correct and we will not be able to suppress it, as the reporting is made for IndusInd Bank issued credit card where activation or blocked status of the credit card has no impact to it."

Wow, man. I'm never getting an IndusInd Bank Credit Card ever, even if they are the last bank that'll issue credit cards to me on Earth.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Update:

A small excerpt of their mail to me:

"We wish to inform you that the credit card reporting is made on your bureau is correct and we will not be able to suppress it, as the reporting is made for IndusInd Bank issued credit card where activation or blocked status of the credit card has no impact to it."

Wow, man. I'm never getting an IndusInd Bank Credit Card ever, even if they are the last bank that'll issue credit cards to me on Earth.
report to RBI ombudsman ?

Planning to do it if ICICI says the same thing