• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Unipay: Credit Card Bill Payments Failed - Customers Struggle with Refunds

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Many people are facing problems with SBI Unipay, a bill payment portal of State Bank Of India.

The Problem:
1. Few customers paid their credit card bills via the SBI Unity portal. Payment was deducted from their bank account (payment was successful), but the bill payment failed. According to SBI Unipay, customers should get their refund within 3 to 4 working days, but even after 10 days, many people didn't receive their refund.
2. Such failed transactions are not showing on the Unipay portal, so customers cannot directly file complaints on the same portal (you have to select the transaction to raise a complaint).
3. The email ID mentioned on the Unipay portal is not responding to customer emails. Even after 3 or 4 follow-ups, there has been no reply, not even an automatic reply from SBI. Customers are helpless and trying to contact SBI on Twitter, but still, their issue is not getting resolved.

Surprisingly, this Unipay portal is not a startup; it is a part of State Bank of India, India's largest bank (in terms of number of total customers). Such an act is not expected from a bank like SBI.

Here is how you can contact SBI Unity to resolve your issue:
  1. Tag SBI and post your issue on X (Twitter).
  2. Email your issue to rinb.customer@sbi.co.in
Hopefully, your problem will be resolved. If SBI still does not solve your problem, you can file a complaint with the RBI.
How to file a complaint with the RBI? Step-by-step guide, click here.

Don't forget to ask for compensation as per the RBI guidelines RBI/2019-20/67 DPSS.CO.PD No.629/02.01.014/2019-20 dated September 20, 2019. You can ask for Rs. 100 per day compensation if the refund doesn't happen within 5 days after making the transaction. Here is the screenshot of the guidelines
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 11.04.00 AM.png
(PDF copy attached)

Attachments

• CIRCULAR677EC931A7A65E4D99AA957D8E85BC0A2A.PDF
    364.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Many people are facing problems with SBI Unipay, a bill payment portal of State Bank Of India.

The Problem:
1. Few customers paid their credit card bills via the SBI Unity portal. Payment was deducted from their bank account (payment was successful), but the bill payment failed. According to SBI Unipay, customers should get their refund within 3 to 4 working days, but even after 10 days, many people didn't receive their refund.
2. Such failed transactions are not showing on the Unipay portal, so customers cannot directly file complaints on the same portal (you have to select the transaction to raise a complaint).
3. The email ID mentioned on the Unipay portal is not responding to customer emails. Even after 3 or 4 follow-ups, there has been no reply, not even an automatic reply from SBI. Customers are helpless and trying to contact SBI on Twitter, but still, their issue is not getting resolved.

Surprisingly, this Unipay portal is not a startup; it is a part of State Bank of India, India's largest bank (in terms of number of total customers). Such an act is not expected from a bank like SBI.

Here is how you can contact SBI Unity to resolve your issue:
  1. Tag SBI and post your issue on X (Twitter).
  2. Email your issue to SBIUNIPAY@sbionline.onmicrosoft.com, and cc rinb.customer@sbi.co.in.
Hopefully, your problem will be resolved. If SBI still does not solve your problem, you can file a complaint with the RBI.
How to file a complaint with the RBI? Step-by-step guide, click here.
The email is not working, they have blocked external emails.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 10.09.22 PM.png

I tired to pay my HDFC Millennia Credit Card bill using my HDFC Imperia Debit Card on the SBI UniPay portal, the amount was Rs 2,731. I faced the same issue as everyone else of the payment being failed. I waited for 3-4 days and saw that I had received the refund of Rs 2,731 but on the same day the refund was reversed LOL. I don't know what is going on and how can a reversal be reversed? I contacted HDFC via phone and even the phone banking officer was confused.

The money has neither been credited to my credit card nor to my bank account again. It's lost. The phone banking officer had raised a complaint and I'm still waiting resolution.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 10.10.43 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 10.10.43 PM.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 182

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I tired to pay my HDFC Millennia Credit Card bill using my HDFC Imperia Debit Card on the SBI UniPay portal, the amount was Rs 2,731. I faced the same issue as everyone else of the payment being failed. I waited for 3-4 days and saw that I had received the refund of Rs 2,731 but on the same day the refund was reversed LOL. I don't know what is going on and how can a reversal be reversed? I contacted HDFC via phone and even the phone banking officer was confused.

The money has neither been credited to my credit card nor to my bank account again. It's lost. The phone banking officer had raised a complaint and I'm still waiting resolution.

waah!!! this is something new 😂

AllThatStuff

TF Premier
Best way here is to mail source bank from where money is debited !!
It helped for me get refund in one case (RBL Bank) & in other case the amount was credited to the card the very next day of the complaint (HDFC Bank) !!

narun2001

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It helped for me get refund in one case (RBL Bank) & in other case the amount was credited to the card the very next day of the complaint (HDFC Bank) !!
Mine is also RBL. Could you please share the email id to which you had mailed? TIA

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How did it credited back to hdfc ? Was it a dispute / chargeback ?

Shraaj

TF Premier
I also paid my 75000 bill via this!

Now, mailed to those people and also tweeting to SBI! hope issue will resolve

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Yes. I had the same issue.
I have raised a ticket with HDFC and they have promised to resolve by 5th May.

purushotham

TF Select
I think problem is with HDFC debit card platinum which we use for cashback also

UPI is working fine in SBIUNIPAY.