• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Urgent] Obtaining Information on Redeemed SBI Cheques Credited to HDFC Account.

Anurag

TF Buzz
My uncle gave someone known to us three blank cheques from SBI. However, the recipient of the cheques refuses to disclose whether they personally cashed them or used someone else's account for redemption. I noticed that these cheques were redeemed on 17-05-2023, credited to an HDFC account. We urgently need to obtain detailed information about the actual payee whose account was credited. I'm uncertain whether the SBI branch manager is unaware of the process or unwilling to provide assistance.
Can someone guide me on how and where to approach things to seek this information effectively? Legal action may be necessary, as I anticipate needing to pursue this matter in court once the recipient's information is obtained.

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
Should have made cheques Account Payee even it was given blank , it atleast provides a way to track/enquire about recepient.

Not sure how this is going to work out.

But I think you need help from both SBI and HDFC in this case.

Vishal N

TF Select
My uncle gave someone known to us three blank cheques from SBI. However, the recipient of the cheques refuses to disclose whether they personally cashed them or used someone else's account for redemption. I noticed that these cheques were redeemed on 17-05-2023, credited to an HDFC account. We urgently need to obtain detailed information about the actual payee whose account was credited. I'm uncertain whether the SBI branch manager is unaware of the process or unwilling to provide assistance.
Can someone guide me on how and where to approach things to seek this information effectively? Legal action may be necessary, as I anticipate needing to pursue this matter in court once the recipient's information is obtained.
Get a lawyer and send them a notice demanding the details of cheque withdrawal.

And please tell your uncle not to give signed blank cheques to his own kids also. The risk of them being misplaced is high