• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL suddenly reduced due to cheque bounce

kumars_001

TF Select
Hi
My cibil suddenly reduced from 802 to 768 as I see an overdue and late payment fo rupees 400 on my home loan. Here is what happened actually.
In Jan this year, For interest rate reduction on my home loan they asked for a cheque of 5000, so I gave it but the signature did not match so the cheque bounced and I was charged cheque bounce charges of 400 and i immediately paid. Now I see it is reported as late payment and my cibil reduced. Please help me on how to correct it.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You can contact the bank to get it written off but since the payment was delayed, I doubt they would do it.

Depending on your negotiation skills, you can try.

But if it's really concerning and they don't do it, just keep all your future payments on time and limit your total spends under 2-3% for your credit cards.
Eventually, in a few months, it should be back up to around 800.

sidp

TF Ace
. Please help me on how to correct it.
Cheque bounce charge isn't a due on loan, so shouldn't be reported. Even if you pay your due by cheque and it bounces but as long as you still manage to clear the dues before due date, it shouldn't impact credit score.

many times bank dont even report late payment for <500rs. Even many times they update it if people ask to delete it as a gesture of good will. Ask for clarification why they did it. If they don't delete it, complain to rbi.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi
My cibil suddenly reduced from 802 to 768 as I see an overdue and late payment fo rupees 400 on my home loan. Here is what happened actually.
In Jan this year, For interest rate reduction on my home loan they asked for a cheque of 5000, so I gave it but the signature did not match so the cheque bounced and I was charged cheque bounce charges of 400 and i immediately paid. Now I see it is reported as late payment and my cibil reduced. Please help me on how to correct it.
which brand and search or ask for email address and email them and ask for clarification. if you have good RM and then ask him too.

sidp

TF Ace
But my question is why is cheque bounce charges are considered as overdue.
Is your hl issuer different from bank whose cheque you used? If it's same, why the hell did they even bounce it?

If you have doubt on signature, you can ask them to clarify. They have their contacts, they can check if signature matches or not. My signature changes, so I always ask to check before submitting the cheque.

kumars_001

TF Select
Is your hl issuer different from bank whose cheque you used? If it's same, why the hell did they even bounce it?

If you have doubt on signature, you can ask them to clarify. They have their contacts, they can check if signature matches or not. My signature changes, so I always ask to check before submitting the cheque.
It's same bank.

sidp

TF Ace
It's same bank.
Then why the hell did they bounce the cheque instead of asking a fresh one?
They can't do this small thing, when they are making so much money from you.

You tell them to update cibil asap, reverse the charges else you'll complain to rbi.
Also whenever you give anyone cheque click a picture to note the number and to make sure was there really a signature mismatch.

Last edited:

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
Cheque bounce charge isn't a due on loan, so shouldn't be reported. Even if you pay your due by cheque and it bounces but as long as you still manage to clear the dues before due date, it shouldn't impact credit score.

many times bank dont even report late payment for <500rs. Even many times they update it if people ask to delete it as a gesture of good will. Ask for clarification why they did it. If they don't delete it, complain to rbi.
Bank of India reported due of Rs.37 on my Brother’s Education Loan. 🙂

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
Its time for rbi ombudsman.
Haven’t had time to talk to BM , loan is of pretty big amount.
Loan was for my brother’s Pilots License Training , this specific branch hadn’t any loan account of this kind before.
Every time a new BM joins they call just to introduce themselves 🤣.
Will update how the talk goes.

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
Good luck for the training! Pilots are pretty cool.

But tell him not to go for Indigo :) atleast try Vistara haha
Thanks.
He is type rated for B737 as Airbus Crowd is too big, more than 1500 Airbus type rated pilots are waiting in for Indigo and Air India openings.
He is in final stages of getting in Air India Express which operates 737 fleet.

techt

TF Legend
Thanks.
He is type rated for B737 as Airbus Crowd is too big, more than 1500 Airbus type rated pilots are waiting in for Indigo and Air India openings.
He is in final stages of getting in Air India Express which operates 737 fleet.
Awesome ... ..
flying homer simpson GIF