• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect email and residential address correction in CIBIL wrong details reported by Kotak

Vineet_

TF Premier
Dear Card Holders,

I am facing very weird issue with personal details correction in my Transunion cibil after Kotak PVR Card added to cibil there is incorrect wrong email & residential address reported by kotak.

Card issued on 07JULY2023 & Same new ac added to cibil on 14AUG2023 first day i found there are some wrong details reported to cibil even i escalated to kotak by there 811 help line they told to mail via net banking or fill form in week u will get reply . i didn't get response in week,

so routed my request to nodal of kotak after 3 , 4 times & 2 weeks follow up some backend team call back come please allow 4 days we are working with our back end cibil reporting team.

As i am kotak 811 full kyc a/c holder still they reported wrong details in cibil only . Even it's credit kyc details correct as per a/c kyc details .

Similar i reported to cibil via first escalation by mail they not responded then after a week in 23 aug 2023 i filled escalation form they mentioned we don't report any wrong details from our side this is done by financial institution only what ever they report it available in records & mention as 30 days TAT wait time for any conclusion till now no clue .

After continuous follow up more than 20 mails to nodal finally they responded as Kotak back end cibil team sent correction request to cibil it will get correct in 7 days till that they gave 3-4 times kindly wait 4 business days to come revert from backend team . Yesterday they replied after my mail deadlines over what is the status they said kindly download fresh cibil report & revert .

Till now no correction done i mailed to them along with fresh cibil report, yesterday they responded around 09.00pm we gain need 4 more working days to figure out.

Today i again got callback they mentioned these wrong details not reported by us we can't correct as per back end team response this is any how not done by kotak.

Its been more than months escalation going on . Is there any way i can check where this wrong details reported to cibil because it getting spreading like virus in all credit bureau record like Experian, Equifax & CRIF. I am unable to sort out this mess. I kept all call recordings & twitter team response by kotak as they mentioned kindly visit branch multiple times for get correct but after multiple visit branch response is like it is done kotak back end cibil team.

Kindly share your experience how to over come with this mess i noticed only this after kotak new card reported after this issue & wrong details reported in cibil .

Right now am looking to correct way to go further because kotak back out with this . Any how have not made any changes till now in my kyc records .

There are 4 email available in my cibil in which 2 wrong emails some one reported.

Sorry for bit long story !!!

Kindly suggest in this issue how to i fix my cibil wrong details .

RevEng

TF Premier
I've been fighting with Axis Bank for a similar issue since last 5 months. Unfortunately the customer is power-less in this. You can not do anything apart from writing emails to various use-less authorities.

I have not received any help from Level 1 to Level 3 support, Office of the CEO, RBI ombudsman and the national consumer helpline.

Thinking about filing a complaint in consumer court now.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My mixed experience from past complaints (success with AmEx, no success with ICICI) is that you need to escalate it all the way up... CC, Nodal and Principal Nodal and hopefully someone will listen.

Get it clear from CIBIL, which Fintech entered wrong address as that mail will make or break the case.

PS: I have not gone to BO for this matter as didn't think it will be worth it.

All the best

krishc

TF Ace
In my cases, all the wrong info showing up are CIBIL's doing as per my experience. But CIBIL never owns up to any mistake they did, whereas they do a lot of data entry errors somehow even in this digital age where these should be simple copy paste jobs in the data ingestion pipeline.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Your only option left is to complaint to CIBIL directly and also post on all the social media you have, tag both kotak and cibil.

This is one of the areas where lot of development is needed, both banks and cibil simply don't pay enough attention, in your case its still a small issue some ppl are royally screwed because of wrong reporting of name, genders or even completely false accounts.

Vineet_

TF Premier
Finally more than 50 mails to kotak & 3 weeks dispute escalation with cibil transunion credit report corrected today I can see in my report disputed false information vanished from credit report.

First escalation rent. With kotak on 14 Aug 23 as my pvr card platinum 499gst called added to cibil it approved on 07july23 & reported to 31july23 & it come pictures on cibil report from 14aug23 immediately I escalated to kotak 1st level grievance wait going on 3, 5 & 1 week done after lots of research they have no proper channels to communicate even multiple call I did with kotak 811 call center they are Very sweet in talk but didn't do anything always saying soms cibil kotak back end team will answer your query please wait ali again filled after a week grievance form or complaint form in kotak portal but nothing happened now I am looking for some higher escalation matrix email ID they have only nodal officer single mail id nothing else I shooted mails they are also very lazy in three weeks I continously I shooted mail more than 30 times with threatening will move this under rbi escalation but they didn't move Single edge finally I registered complaint to Twitter as well they simply said please visit branch after visit nearby branch they mentioned it will done by kotak back end team only we are not authorized. Finally I received call in 4 weeks mail from medam she mentioned please allow some 4 working days to get responses from concerned team after 4 days they again forget this time I have recorded all voice recordings & email even they mailed us same 4 days same I replied after a week but they never responded again shooted mail to nodal they mentioned please allow more time after 1& half week they mentioned this issue not from kotak till that I got response from cibil from level 1 complaint which credit institutions responsible for this disputed data they clearly mentioned reported by kotak only I taken print out with scan of cibil mail replied same this 8s cibil response please immediately you correct this they again take some weeks to decisions finally they ended up please raise dispute with cibil dispute section we can do further action finally I again to cibil with kotak responses replied back we are raising dispute on behalf of you until responses come from credit institutions we can't do any action this done few more days any how today I.e. 1 oct23 reported I can see it got corrected.

Sorry for bit longer story hope I can help some one.

This post really help to raise dispute with cibil @chacks18

Post in thread 'Incorrect address in cibil' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/incorrect-address-in-cibil.624/post-8257

insight

TF Ace
Finally more than 50 mails to kotak & 3 weeks dispute escalation with cibil transunion credit report corrected today I can see in my report disputed false information vanished from credit report.

First escalation rent. With kotak on 14 Aug 23 as my pvr card platinum 499gst called added to cibil it approved on 07july23 & reported to 31july23 & it come pictures on cibil report from 14aug23 immediately I escalated to kotak 1st level grievance wait going on 3, 5 & 1 week done after lots of research they have no proper channels to communicate even multiple call I did with kotak 811 call center they are Very sweet in talk but didn't do anything always saying soms cibil kotak back end team will answer your query please wait ali again filled after a week grievance form or complaint form in kotak portal but nothing happened now I am looking for some higher escalation matrix email ID they have only nodal officer single mail id nothing else I shooted mails they are also very lazy in three weeks I continously I shooted mail more than 30 times with threatening will move this under rbi escalation but they didn't move Single edge finally I registered complaint to Twitter as well they simply said please visit branch after visit nearby branch they mentioned it will done by kotak back end team only we are not authorized. Finally I received call in 4 weeks mail from medam she mentioned please allow some 4 working days to get responses from concerned team after 4 days they again forget this time I have recorded all voice recordings & email even they mailed us same 4 days same I replied after a week but they never responded again shooted mail to nodal they mentioned please allow more time after 1& half week they mentioned this issue not from kotak till that I got response from cibil from level 1 complaint which credit institutions responsible for this disputed data they clearly mentioned reported by kotak only I taken print out with scan of cibil mail replied same this 8s cibil response please immediately you correct this they again take some weeks to decisions finally they ended up please raise dispute with cibil dispute section we can do further action finally I again to cibil with kotak responses replied back we are raising dispute on behalf of you until responses come from credit institutions we can't do any action this done few more days any how today I.e. 1 oct23 reported I can see it got corrected.

Sorry for bit longer story hope I can help some one.

This post really help to raise dispute with cibil @chacks18

Post in thread 'Incorrect address in cibil' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/incorrect-address-in-cibil.624/post-8257

Can you share or DM the email addresses at CIBIL and Banks you reached out to?

This is becoming a common thing now. I am fighting with icici since last 6-7 months for cibil and experian data correction. They have so far corrected most of it now in cibil. But they did not even touch it on experian side. I think these credit report companies should ask banks/financial institutions for proof of details.

rk2022

TF Buzz
This is becoming a common thing now. I am fighting with icici since last 6-7 months for cibil and experian data correction. They have so far corrected most of it now in cibil. But they did not even touch it on experian side. I think these credit report companies should ask banks/financial institutions for proof of details.
Can you please elaborate on the process you followed for ICICI? I need to get email and address corrected. Tried once but it went no where.