• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL wrong details

armat

TF Premier
My name is Arun Mathew. But in CIBIL it shows as “ARUN ARUN MATHEW”. Have anyone experienced this ? I raised a dispute and the dispute status showed as resolved immediately. But still the name is not updated. Why this happening ? How much time does it take to update the name ? Is the bank official senseless while reporting our credit information to CIBIL ?

Attachments

• IMG_5066.jpeg
    IMG_5066.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 9

D₹V

TF Prestige
My name is Arun Mathew. But in CIBIL it shows as “ARUN ARUN MATHEW”. Have anyone experienced this ? I raised a dispute and the dispute status showed as resolved immediately. But still the name is not updated. Why this happening ? How much time does it take to update the name ? Is the bank official senseless while reporting our credit information to CIBIL ?
First try to find that which bank/lender reported this name wrongly.

Then request the bank/lender to change this.

Only bank/lender can make changes.

Mistakes happen.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
you'll be able to see the changes in new/next fetched report.

I too had this mistake. My name was in Lastname firstname, firstname lastname format sinc last 6-7 yrs..... recently got it corrected by logding complaint at CIBIL portal.
CIBIL corrected it and I could see the updated name in next report

thecard

TF Buzz
I think SBI reports this kind of wrong details, (events in two years) - actually, CIBIL corrected it in your case but again bank reported the wrong one
1. first they reported wrong spelling
2. I asked to correct it, they replaced my credit card
3. Now the name was double like yours and double card accounts in CIBIL same data but the old one closed
4. Finally, they reported correctly but still double accounts are there