• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI CIBIL enquiry removal hassle, UID being asked mandatorily

Post number 2 has been selected as best answer.

xfactcc

TF Premier
I received an unrecognised personal loan enquiry on 28th Feb. In March I pursued it with ICICI's customer.care@icicibank.com email.

They said they will look into it and it is taking more time than necessary etc. then got cold by May! After that I hadn't the time to pursue until few days ago when I gave them a good nudge.

Now they are asking for all the details again e.g. control number, credit report, pan, dob etc. along with UID/Aadhaar.

When I told them I don't want to share UID they replied saying it is mandatory. Sharing the screenshot below. I don't want to share my Aadhaar.

What to do now? How to escalate?

Screenshot_20230923-124838~3.png

xfactcc

TF Premier
RBI ombudsman
Finally did.

Received email from csgresponse@icicibank.com: "On receipt of your complaint, we immediately initiated to suppress the entry of Inquiry for Personal Loan dated February 28, 2023 for Rs. 1,000.00 reflecting in your CIBIL records. Hence, in the context, we have immediately initiated to suppress personal loan inquiry from your CIBIL records. The same will be done in 10-15 working days."

It just took 10 months and tremendous harassment. Should've done it earlier.

Case closed.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Finally did.

Received email from csgresponse@icicibank.com: "On receipt of your complaint, we immediately initiated to suppress the entry of Inquiry for Personal Loan dated February 28, 2023 for Rs. 1,000.00 reflecting in your CIBIL records. Hence, in the context, we have immediately initiated to suppress personal loan inquiry from your CIBIL records. The same will be done in 10-15 working days."

Case closed.
Congratulations 🎉.

You should have done it when I told, anyway problem is solved now.

You can mark my above answer as solution.

xfactcc

TF Premier
Further update:

A somewhat happy ending on 1st January 2024...

ICICI RBI BO CIBIL.png

The relevant portion of RBI BO closure intimation letter attached for your viewing pleasure. Compensation was issued upon request as RBI BO asked me for my response regarding the solution provided within 3 days.

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@xfactcc Congrats. I too have an enquiry of ICICI Personal Loan on my CIBIL report but it's pretty old like of March 2021. I don't remember asking for a loan with them. Any possibility to get it removed? What did they reply to you when you first sent them a mail about your enquiry?

ontherocks

TF Premier
Further update:

A somewhat happy ending on 1st January 2024...

ICICI RBI BO CIBIL.png

The relevant portion of RBI BO closure intimation letter attached for your viewing pleasure. Compensation was issued upon request as RBI BO asked me for my response regarding the solution provided within 3 days.
Did you mention any figure for the compensation?

hs23new

TF Premier
In the complaint I did.

In the last response email I just mentioned 'appropiate compensation', I didn't expect the same will be received.

Case closed.

Great job. I am going to escalate this to RBI today.

Last edited:

Riya

TF Ace
I received an unrecognised personal loan enquiry on 28th Feb. In March I pursued it with ICICI's customer.care@icicibank.com email.

They said they will look into it and it is taking more time than necessary etc. then got cold by May! After that I hadn't the time to pursue until few days ago when I gave them a good nudge.

Now they are asking for all the details again e.g. control number, credit report, pan, dob etc. along with UID/Aadhaar.

When I told them I don't want to share UID they replied saying it is mandatory. Sharing the screenshot below. I don't want to share my Aadhaar.

What to do now? How to escalate?

Screenshot_20230923-124838~3.png
any unnecessary or unknown CIBIL enquiry should be reported immediately to RBI Ombudsman... it'll be solved within a month...
TRIED & TESTED

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Me who has removed 5+ enquiries from icici for account opening seeing the struggle of others🤣🙈
Agar kisiko mail template chahiye to dm krdena, max 1 mhine mein hta denge

They will ask for uid and many other details. Just share the main ones like cibil report, enquiry control no, address. No need to mention that you're not willing to share these details. They will remove it

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Me who has removed 5+ enquiries from icici for account opening seeing the struggle of others🤣🙈

They will ask for uid and many other details. Just share the main ones like cibil report, enquiry control no, address. No need to mention that you're not willing to share these details. They will remove it
Do share it on Dm Along with email address of ombudsman

xfactcc

TF Premier

I didn't say I didn't want to share UID, I shared the details I thought would be necessary.

But they asked for UID in response. I said it's not mandatory and I am not willing, they again replied and said it is mandatory.