• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI charged locker rent thrice after closing of Locker

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
My mother held an account with State Bank of India (SBI) at her native place, which included a locker facility. Over time, the account became dormant, containing some funds, fixed deposits (FDs), and the locker itself. In February 2020, she decided to surrender the locker, retaining a photocopy of the application for her records.

However, in 2022, the account was unexpectedly charged for locker rent (₹1180). The bank officials clarified that this charge was due for the previous year and now it is cleared. Unfortunately, the same deduction recurred in 2023 (April) and 2024 (January).

Adding to the challenge, no SMS notifications are received for transactions made in this account, and the bank statements are irregularly updated. As a result, we often remain unaware of recent transactions.

What steps can I take in this situation at present ?

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
My mother held an account with State Bank of India (SBI) at her native place, which included a locker facility. Over time, the account became dormant, containing some funds, fixed deposits (FDs), and the locker itself. In February 2020, she decided to surrender the locker, retaining a photocopy of the application for her records.

However, in 2022, the account was unexpectedly charged for locker rent (₹1180). The bank officials clarified that this charge was due for the previous year and now it is cleared. Unfortunately, the same deduction recurred in 2023 (April) and 2024 (January).

Adding to the challenge, no SMS notifications are received for transactions made in this account, and the bank statements are irregularly updated. As a result, we often remain unaware of recent transactions.

What steps can I take in this situation at present ?
Write bank to refund same amount,if they refuse fill RBI ombudsman