• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary required for silver, gold and titanium salary accounts in ICICI BANK

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
What is the minimum salary required for silver, gold and titanium salary accounts...!?? Are only silver, gold and titanium debit cards are charge free for salary accounts or you can even opt for coral, rubyx or sapphiro for free...???

@TechnoFino @anirbanm

Last edited:

Akashgod

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No idea about salary quotas.. coming to debit cards nowadays all r getting titanium debit. Even 10k account! And in icici special cards r fully chargeable and never free for any account variant

TF Ace
TF Family
No idea about salary quotas.. coming to debit cards nowadays all r getting titanium debit. Even 10k account! And in icici special cards r fully chargeable and never free for any account variant
I have a salary account with ICICI (don't remember variant, prolly Silver). Haven't been charged a single penny since opening (Jan 2021). No Debit card charges (Titanium DC), no maintenance, no SMS, nothing!

akshayhs

TF Ace
Yes i also have titanium debit never used it though. Not even a single transaction.when i asked them to close the card they said if you will close the card you will not be able to use mobile and internet banking 😔😔
That's just nonsense! Why do you need a debit card for mobile/internet banking. I think they're fooling you.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Some banks might have policy. Many apps like Canara require DC authentication from time to time. For example when SIM is taken out from phone. So this might be a real issue
Yes in canara you need dc for mobile banking activation. And now i guess you need dc for net banking also to.generate transaction password. Few years back my father need net banking but he didn't have dc so he got a pre printed id pass for net banking i don't know about now.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Icici and au bank require compulsory debit card.... Else you won't be able to do anything... You get kit in icici from bank... But you won't be able to activate imobile and netbanking without entering grid numbers printed at the back of icici debit card... Even during payment via netbanking you need that .... Even for changing email id... So its mandatory....

I have opened an au account without debit card... I am unable to use anything in the app or netbanking without debit card... The account is just lying idle.... You need debit card to activate the transaction rights.....

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
That's just nonsense! Why do you need a debit card for mobile/internet banking. I think they're fooling you.
They are not fooling..... Debit card is required in almost everything in icici.... You can take the basic smart shopper.. It only cost 177 per annum.... Or these days they are only handing out titanium.... Which in way is their premium card..... Don't know about charges....

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Yeah you need those grid numbers
Do you have any premium account in icici.... If so can you ask your rm what is the salary required to upgrade in gold salary account from regular salary account.... In my salary account... I have two upgrade options.. The gold salary and the one salary account..... On one salary account... It is specifically mentioned that I require minimum 1lakh salary..in benefits section.... . Nothing mentioned on gold variant....

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not directly related but i guess it is not only based on salary account. Mine is wealth management account without any salary transfer, and balance is below ₹25k, but high limit credit card only. If I remember correctly, my account got converted to wealth management after linking cards. Not sure if it's bug or feature. Been like this since last 2 years now.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Not directly related but i guess it is not only based on salary account. Mine is wealth management account without any salary transfer, and balance is below ₹25k, but high limit credit card only. If I remember correctly, my account got converted to wealth management after linking cards. Not sure if it's bug or feature. Been like this since last 2 years now.
Wealth management is not a salary account.....

Reactions: kjs

talkwithfino

TF Premier
I don't know they are fooling me or not .this is what the executive told me😔
Thts actually true. 100%
Sometimes while adding a Fund Transfer Payee or sometimes during online payment ( randomly ) you may be asked grid numbers mentioned on the back of your Card. So, you need a Debit Card for Internet Banking. Also, just to mention, it is the SAME for HDFC Bank. You will not be able to activate Fund Transfer ( considering your acc is new) if you do not have Debit Card.
What is the minimum salary required for silver, gold and titanium salary accounts...!?? Are only silver, gold and titanium debit cards are charge free for salary accounts or you can even opt for coral, rubyx or sapphiro for free...???
Do not know about Min Salary Req😅 But yaa The Debit Cards (for the respective variants) are given are free of charge to salary customers.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Thts actually true. 100%
Sometimes while adding a Fund Transfer Payee or sometimes during online payment ( randomly ) you may be asked grid numbers mentioned on the back of your Card. So, you need a Debit Card for Internet Banking. Also, just to mention, it is the SAME for HDFC Bank. You will not be able to activate Fund Transfer ( considering your acc is new) if you do not have Debit Card.

Do not know about Min Salary Req😅 But yaa The Debit Cards (for the respective variants) are given are free of charge to salary customers.
One salary account they have clearly mentioned required 1 lakh salary deposit....
And compulsory salary deposit for first 3 months after upgrade or new account opening.... For rest.. Nothing clear

AllSeeker

TF Ace
If you have active account you need to keep a debit card related to it, even if it's just e-debit card. Don't be afraid to go to rupay option, it's a good option especially if you want a low cost (and sometimes free) debit option. Also, I think some banks give e-debit for free to online low variant accounts. Example kotak 811.

Banks will intentionally not give you debit rupay cards saying there is "chip shortage"

I had experienced this in some banks at least. But you still need to insist on it. Come to think of it now that I've closed axis online rewards, I've only one other physical debit card which is non-rupay and its also something I keep for free due to account variant with the bank. :ROFLMAO:

Ghost655

TF Select
One salary account they have clearly mentioned required 1 lakh salary deposit....
And compulsory salary deposit for first 3 months after upgrade or new account opening.... For rest.. Nothing clear
I can attest to this only one salary has requirements of 1lac. Rest are not mentioned i was offered a account upgrade to gold i think i tried for the upgarde few days later i got a rejection, even though the offer was from icici itself on my netbanking portal. I had called cc regarding this even they did not tell me the limit said probably 1 lac or 75k, i then said point blank how are working without knowing such terms and condition .:censored:

I still see the offer on net-banking i dont even bother to apply.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I can attest to this only one salary has requirements of 1lac. Rest are not mentioned i was offered a account upgrade to gold i think i tried for the upgarde few days later i got a rejection, even though the offer was from icici itself on my netbanking portal. I had called cc regarding this even they did not tell me the limit said probably 1 lac or 75k, i then said point blank how are working without knowing such terms and condition .:censored:

I still see the offer on net-banking i dont even bother to apply.
I also applied twice for upgrade to gold salary account... Rejected although salary credit was more than 50k