• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL reported CIBIL/CRIF/EXPERIAN/EQUIFAX as late payment for 82 paise

meru

TF Buzz
Hello Genius,

I need your advise to take next step for below scenario.

I had RBL world Safari Card.
I made transaction of Rs. 55000/- on 5 Non 2022
I also redeem reward point and it charged me Rs.99 + Rs 17.82 paisa

Now total due amount is Rs. 55116.82/- on due date 9 Dec 2022
I paid total amount Rs. 55116 /- using cred on 2 Dec 2022 as 0.82 was not reflect in while payment.

So basically 82 paisa was remaining.

I did not had any transaction using this credit card till 7 april 2023.

But I get a bill of Rs. 0.82/- with due date on 9 Jan 2023 and statement date 20 Dec 2022.
As I did not had any transaction with this card, So I did not notice on this statement.

I get another statement on 20 Jan 2023 that Immediately payment Rs. 0.82/- I notice this statement and immediately payment of Rs. 10/-

Note: They did not charged any late payment fees for Rs. 0.82/- due amount.

At this time I don't aware that this will reflect late payment on my CIBIL score in all bureau.
Today I just checked my CIBIL score and it is 765 and it mentioned one late payment for this RBL card.

Unfortunately, I had upgrade world safari credit card to ICON credit card in July 2023.

I need your advise what should I do to. remove this one late payment from my cibil score for all cibil bureau.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Hello Genius,

I paid total amount Rs. 55116 /- using cred on 2 Dec 2022 as 0.82 was not reflect in while payment.

But I get a bill of Rs. 0.82/- with due date on 9 Jan 2023 and statement date 20 Dec 2022.
As I did not had any transaction with this card, So I did not notice on this statement.

I get another statement on 20 Jan 2023 that Immediately payment Rs. 0.82/- I notice this statement and immediately payment of Rs. 10/-

At this time I don't aware that this will reflect late payment on my CIBIL score in all bureau.
Today I just checked my CIBIL score and it is 765 and it mentioned one late payment for this RBL card.

Unfortunately, I had upgrade world safari credit card to ICON credit card in July 2023.

I need your advise what should I do to. remove this one late payment from my cibil score for all cibil bureau.
Email to nodal officer
Always pay full amount

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello Genius,

Too many case like this .

Thats why regardless of cred chillar reward ..i use cred atleast for tracking

Hello Genius,

Same did happen with me only 0.11/- I complaint but didn't remove from my CIBIL.

Now-a-days, I have a different problem - if you may call it so....

PNB Cards for example is sending me emails/SMSs asking me to ask for a refund of excess credit in my CC account. I can understand if such excess credits are in lakhs or tens of 000's.

Often the excess credits are for less than Rs 100/-.

So, I will have to pay my CC bills by rounding them off to the next 10.

Strange ways to follow new rules.

prash1161

TF Ace
Hello Genius,

Anyways it's your mistake

ALOAK

TF Ace
Hello Genius,

You should always pay in full including paisa incase it does not allow round of to nearest 1 rs

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Genius,

Two points here, being a banker:

1) If you have paid minimum amount due before due date, it's not considered as delayed payment. You will be charged interest but there will not be any reporting in Cibil

2) Any amount less than Rs. 100 cannot be reported in CIBIL.

There is more to the issue. Either Cred has goofed up or something else. Please write email to customer care team and get everything in writing.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Go to rbl app and check if there is credit just go to payzapp and add it to wallet 1.93 or spend something for 20 and then pay off the balance it will become zero
thing is I closed card long ago... and i've RBL acc- they did not refund in that . Calling them will consume more balance using Airtel, so letting it be...

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you share literature for this?
I have seen instances in this forum where the bank reported...
Check this from HDFC and Axis site.This is quiet clear. What is the whole point of minimum amount due, If It's reported in CIBIL even after paying it? Minimum due means that you are saved from late payment charges and Cibil reporting.

Last month, I paid RS. 683 short to Amex out of payment of 70683/-. They charged me 5000/- Finance fees but was never reported in CIBIL. My charges were reversed though.

As is said earlier, there is something more in your case. And the best way is to take in writing from. Bank.

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_132015.jpg
    IMG_20240303_132015.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2024-03-03-13-31-20-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-03-13-31-20-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I fail to understand one simple thing.
Why take all this trouble ?
Pay rounded off to the next higher 10 rupee or so. Or, if you are very very finicky, round it off to the next higher rupee and pay before the given due date.
Most of the CC payment sites do have a facility to pay either minimum or full or any other amount. Choose the last one and pay. Why get into all that headache and avoidable correspondence and beg the bank to reverse any late payment charges ? Is it worth the trouble ?

A card user uses the card. Charges incurred. Charge slip is given. SMS is sent multiple times. User also knows the billing cycle. And, know exactly the billed amount. Got about 15-25 days before the due date to pay in full. User gets eMails, SMSs, and even reminders from all and sundry third-parties for these CC payments. Why mishandle the payment ? Or delay it ? Or forget it ?

If we (the users) can't be that methodical or systematic, we do not deserve to have CCs. That's my take. May not be palatable to many. But...... is it not a fact.