• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to regain Credit Score after a late payment

parthv

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have accidentally made a late payment of my ICICI Credit Card, it was for the month of February and my CIBIL has dropped from 795 to 737. My credit age is 8.1 Years. I want to know, is this the end or will the score bounce back to normal?
I have already written to ICICI to remove the entry, as it's just one instance in 8 years.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have accidentally made a late payment of my ICICI Credit Card, it was for the month of February and my CIBIL has dropped from 795 to 737. My credit age is 8.1 Years. I want to know, is this the end or will the score bounce back to normal?
I have already written to ICICI to remove the entry, as it's just one instance in 8 years.
If your inspiration isn't amex
U r good
It will bounce back in 3 months

To make even better
Do 1rs payment to all cc u own .making ur payment ratio more

nrj1007

TF Premier
No
Amex is liberal now .
Late payment is ok once in decade 🐱

U didn't default or anything.
When u settle then banks take action
I have 3 late payments around 2-3 years back. 2 of them were mistake by SBI as they were deducting 1rs less than the actual should be amount.
My credit score now is 781. Will Amex consider me?

ashu99924

TF Buzz
Similar thing happen to me but ICICI is not removing the CIBIL entry. My score was dropped from 798 to 728. Now CIBIL simulator showing if I clear the outstanding on ICICI credit card, my cibil would increase by 70 points. Already made the payment along with late payment fee as soon as I realized, now for me every 19th of month they report to CIBIL, hopefully CIBIL would increase after 19th. This has happen to me at worst possible time as I am looking for homeloan in next 1-2 month.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Similar thing happen to me but ICICI is not removing the CIBIL entry. My score was dropped from 798 to 728. Now CIBIL simulator showing if I clear the outstanding on ICICI credit card, my cibil would increase by 70 points. Already made the payment along with late payment fee as soon as I realized, now for me every 19th of month they report to CIBIL, hopefully CIBIL would increase after 19th. This has happen to me at worst possible time as I am looking for homeloan in next 1-2 month.
Won't be a problem.
Just clear the dues .

ashu99924

TF Buzz
Won't be a problem.
Just clear the dues .
yes, immediately did via UPI so it will credit on same day. My bill was 500.88 .. due to extra 0.88 they charge 500 rs late payment otherwise it would have been 100 rs late payment. ICICI is very strict and not entertaining any request even if I am their customer since 2015.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
yes, immediately did via UPI so it will credit on same day. My bill was 500.88 .. due to extra 0.88 they charge 500 rs late payment otherwise it would have been 100 rs late payment. ICICI is very strict and not entertaining any request even if I am their customer since 2015.
Don't worry about home loan part .
Just make sure when u applying late payment isn't showing as overdue .
Rest dent to 100% track of payment to.99 is perfectly fine

doraemon

TF Legend
There is some rule na ki they can't charge for o/s below 1 rs

@DocFixIt