• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit score dropped by 50 points after closing home loan.

zaid_2913

TF Premier
I recently closed my home loan and noticed a sudden drop in my credit score from 802 to 754. Despite having a credit history of almost 6 years with no late payments and a credit utilization of -1%, the closure of my home loan seems to have impacted my score. I am concerned about this drop of 50 points and would like to know how long it will take for my score to increase.

Attachments

• IMG_5749.jpeg
    IMG_5749.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5746.jpeg
    IMG_5746.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5745.jpeg
    IMG_5745.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 121
Solution
Now only have credit cards, no secured loans. 2 years ago gold loan closed and home loan closed a month back.Have multiple cards from Hsbc, scb, amex, axis, hdfc, icici etc. All of them have more than 5 lakhs limit. Oldest card age is 6 years.

This is my cibil profile. 🥱
okay good.. your score will recover pretty quickly.. my guess would be in about 3 months.
As you are maintaing -ve utilization.. and have more than 5 years of history in the open accounts, you are fine.

Make sure each account is in -ve / 0 balance not just overall utilisation is -ve... This is very key point here..

Its just an after shock event after you closed your home loan.. You will be fine in 3 months time and back to near 800 again pretty soon.
Good luck

zaid_2913

TF Premier
All these have to go ... at some stage ..
As you had the mother of credit product line (i.e. Home Loan) until now all these extra artists ( BNPL personal loan consumer loans) were coverd untilnow.
As the mother gone. all these extra artists were exposed.. so until you do something about these don't expect anything near 800..
I just kept these open to have good credit mix. Will be closing at least 2 out of 4 in this month.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

suryatejad

TF Buzz
I recently closed my home loan and noticed a sudden drop in my credit score from 802 to 754. Despite having a credit history of almost 6 years with no late payments and a credit utilization of -1%, the closure of my home loan seems to have impacted my score. I am concerned about this drop of 50 points and would like to know how long it will take for my score to increase.
It's temporary, it will jump in 2-3 months

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
My sister's CIBIL in year 2024; Jan - 774 and Feb - 744, have IDFC wow secured card and card is used each month with utilization ratio of less than 10% and all bills are paid on time and no cards applied till date. Still the drop, any idea?

Last edited:

ALOAK

TF Premier
My score first dropped from. 794 to 760 and today it dropped to 724. I only got alerts from cibil stating new update when I checked abi updated my address and contact as new contact for same details and standard chartered updated my contacts wrongly and address to both these were old and also had changed address 3 yrs back and amex too updated with same address and phone no which is same that they hold as new contact and address.

This is the first time am seeing that a contact or address details are affecting the score I send emails to both amex sbi and std chartered but amex rep said we need to contact cibil and find out why the drop happened when there is no remark on account. Still waiting for reply from sbi and standard chartered cards.

ALOAK

TF Premier
Update: Score is back to 800 in 15 days. Quicker than expected.
After seeing this msg i checked mine and my score has jumped back to 794 from 724. Still apprehensive as i did not recive any alert of increase in score.

Had closed few accounts last month.
Axio previously capital float a amazon payblater 1lakh limit closed now
Citi indian oil master - closed now 261k limit still it is not updated as closed in cibil my oldest card 2005
Citi indian oil visa 130k still not updated in cibil as closed.
Sbi prime was closed last year still show open active card had sent email to pno he says closed from their end stupid staffs of sbi they dont work properly and investigate they just reply forsakes.
Dcp got upgraded to dcb last month
Rbl shopritte closed 361k limit
Amex smartearn closed 130k

Let us see if i get alert