• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CRIF score dropped to 11 from 748

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Hello TF Fam, my CRIF score dropped 748 points this month to 11. Upon further exploration got to know 11 is not a score but an exclusion code given to individuals with more than 50 active credit accounts. I have a CIBIL of 796 and other scores are also good to excellent. Now my question is how important will be CRIF for my future credit requirements? Shall I try and close credit cards to reduce the number of credit accounts below 50 to get back my CRIF score or it's fine if I don't have a CRIF score won't impact my credit prospects much?
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello TF Fam, my CRIF score dropped 748 points this month to 11. Upon further exploration got to know 11 is not a score but an exclusion code given to individuals with more than 50 active credit accounts. I have a CIBIL of 796 and other scores are also good to excellent. Now my question is how important will be CRIF for my future credit requirements? Shall I try and close credit cards to reduce the number of credit accounts below 50 to get back my CRIF score or it's fine if I don't have a CRIF score won't impact mu credit prospects much?
Many thanks in advance.
Badhai ho
Half century kb ho gya

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
11 is not a score it's an exclusion code given to individuals with more than 50 credit accounts. So technically I have no CRIF score now. That's why the question, shall I close few credit accounts to get the score back or not having a CRIF score won't have any impact?

Strange

TF Legend
Hello TF Fam, my CRIF score dropped 748 points this month to 11. Upon further exploration got to know 11 is not a score but an exclusion code given to individuals with more than 50 active credit accounts. I have a CIBIL of 796 and other scores are also good to excellent. Now my question is how important will be CRIF for my future credit requirements? Shall I try and close credit cards to reduce the number of credit accounts below 50 to get back my CRIF score or it's fine if I don't have a CRIF score won't impact my credit prospects much?
Many thanks in advance.
RBI should ban this scam credit bureau immediately. :ROFLMAO:

P B R G

TF Ace
I am pretty sure CRIF Score is irrelevant. I got my first few CCs at <650 CRIF Score. My wife is getting pre-approved CC offers at 300 CRIF Score (with multiple late payment and overdue accounts which are wrongly reported from their side).