• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is perfect score possible??

scn

TF Select
cibil between 790 and 800+ months on months

when I make the current balance to 0 for all credit cards before there reporting date, it increases upto 10-12 points
next month if current balance is even 1 rs, it decreases by 10-12 points 🤣

Riya

TF Ace
@Riya The score doesn't matter much after it crosses a certain threshold . Anything above 780 is good.

What matters more to the bank is what's inside the credit report, like the amount of credit limit you have from different banks, your credit utilization, the income you have, how much of loans you have taken, etc etc.
What they assess is your repayment capacity, that's it.

Even if you have a score of 752 but you already have cards with very high limit and low utilization, you are more likely to be approved for your next card rather than a person having a credit score of 895 but having low income and low credit limit.
Well it's not about whether it's 780+ or 800+..
My point is can a person with extremely solid credit history reach that milestone...
No default, no late payment, utilisation ratio almost zero and perfect mix of credit account types...
If bureau has set such a benchmark then it must be made achievable

techt

TF Legend
That's cool... I calculated according to the tables and the score was within 10 points of my actual score.... 😀
But I've heard that recently CIBIL and Experian have changed their algo to calculate score
Yes. Recently changed making that link outdated.