• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak zen credit card chargeable

lks999

TF Buzz
I was having kotak royale credit card and got an option to upgrade to zen card when I checked it showed no charges. Today when I called customer care after receiving the card they informed about charges. Please suggest what to do next. I don't want to cancel since it's my first card since 2015. Will they downgrade the card and make it LTF?

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
Kotak is the biggest pain in the a** when it comes to their backend system. Let me share my 3 experience.

1. Opened kotak ac in jan, got league ltf promotional offer in march through official kotak email. (was not pre-approved). Applied, cibil enquiry done, phone verification, and card approved.
After receiving card, confirmed with customer care, they said it's LTF. Excellent experience until now

2. Got Myntra card FYF offer in Myntra app along with 1000 voucher. When I applied it took me to Kotak page, there it was showing 0 Joining Fee, 500 annual fee. I went ahead and applied. Card approved in few days with equal but separate limit to previous league card.

I called customer care to confirm fyf and voucher. They told me that card has 500 joining fee. I will get vouchers soon. I did not have screenshot proof for fyf. Anyway I though I'll get 1000 voucher so it's fine.
I didn't get voucher after one month, called cc, he said I will get two 500 voucher, one for card activation and other after fee payment. Fee would be charged in 3rd statement.
About 2 months later, I got 500 voucher email. Redeemed it. About 3 months later, I had another rs500 in my Myntra credit (don't know from where it came, but most probably it was the other 500. I received it directly and not on form of voucher)
Now, my card was approved in 1st week of July, and I haven't been charged joining fee yet after 4 statements.

3. In sep end I got upgrade offer on email from league to fyf mojo. I was just checking, clicked on upgrade now, got an OTP, entered it hoping that it would land me in some approve terms and condition page, but after entering otp, it directly upgraded my card.
Got the card, called cc, they said card has 1000 joining fee. I told them about email offer, they told me to mail kotak.

I mailed them the offer page. And now the chakbodi begins. I get an email reply from them addressed to someone else. If my name is Sachin, they sent me mail Dear Dhoni, your card comes with 0 Joining fee. I furiously replied to them like are you high on something, kaam kar le acche se, naam sahi likh, and thrice the replied to the conversation, everytime addressing me with different name.
I then again called cc, they transferred my call to one senior, she again says there is joining fee I told that idiot senior to open her system and read the mail. She reads the mail that it has 0 Joining fee, but then she says that email is not for you, it is for Dhoni. (That was my Snape moment from Harry Potter.. Arrey BC wala).
In the meanwhile I hadn't activated my mojo card. But all their cc agent were saying I would be charged joining fee no matter what.

I disconnected the call, two days later called nodal officer. This idiot had another excuse, spend 30k to get joining fee waiver. (Which again wasn't there in my case).

Finally I raised complaint with RBI Ombudsman. Got a call from kotak next day that they are investigatng. Currently investigation is going on.

Meanwhile, I again applied for ltf Kotak league (this time through promotion on swiggy app). Have done entire screenrecording. Hopefully they will approve it.
Also, these MFS are now sending me mails to upgrade mojo to fyf zen. Lol, abhi toh mojo activate bhi nhi kiya and they want me to upgrade to go through the same harassment again

#aniket

TF Ace
Kotak is the biggest pain in the a** when it comes to their backend system. Let me share my 3 experience.

1. Opened kotak ac in jan, got league ltf promotional offer in march through official kotak email. (was not pre-approved). Applied, cibil enquiry done, phone verification, and card approved.
After receiving card, confirmed with customer care, they said it's LTF. Excellent experience until now

2. Got Myntra card FYF offer in Myntra app along with 1000 voucher. When I applied it took me to Kotak page, there it was showing 0 Joining Fee, 500 annual fee. I went ahead and applied. Card approved in few days with equal but separate limit to previous league card.

I called customer care to confirm fyf and voucher. They told me that card has 500 joining fee. I will get vouchers soon. I did not have screenshot proof for fyf. Anyway I though I'll get 1000 voucher so it's fine.
I didn't get voucher after one month, called cc, he said I will get two 500 voucher, one for card activation and other after fee payment. Fee would be charged in 3rd statement.
About 2 months later, I got 500 voucher email. Redeemed it. About 3 months later, I had another rs500 in my Myntra credit (don't know from where it came, but most probably it was the other 500. I received it directly and not on form of voucher)
Now, my card was approved in 1st week of July, and I haven't been charged joining fee yet after 4 statements.

3. In sep end I got upgrade offer on email from league to fyf mojo. I was just checking, clicked on upgrade now, got an OTP, entered it hoping that it would land me in some approve terms and condition page, but after entering otp, it directly upgraded my card.
Got the card, called cc, they said card has 1000 joining fee. I told them about email offer, they told me to mail kotak.

I mailed them the offer page. And now the chakbodi begins. I get an email reply from them addressed to someone else. If my name is Sachin, they sent me mail Dear Dhoni, your card comes with 0 Joining fee. I furiously replied to them like are you high on something, kaam kar le acche se, naam sahi likh, and thrice the replied to the conversation, everytime addressing me with different name.
I then again called cc, they transferred my call to one senior, she again says there is joining fee I told that idiot senior to open her system and read the mail. She reads the mail that it has 0 Joining fee, but then she says that email is not for you, it is for Dhoni. (That was my Snape moment from Harry Potter.. Arrey BC wala).
In the meanwhile I hadn't activated my mojo card. But all their cc agent were saying I would be charged joining fee no matter what.

I disconnected the call, two days later called nodal officer. This idiot had another excuse, spend 30k to get joining fee waiver. (Which again wasn't there in my case).

Finally I raised complaint with RBI Ombudsman. Got a call from kotak next day that they are investigatng. Currently investigation is going on.

Meanwhile, I again applied for ltf Kotak league (this time through promotion on swiggy app). Have done entire screenrecording. Hopefully they will approve it.
Also, these MFS are now sending me mails to upgrade mojo to fyf zen. Lol, abhi toh mojo activate bhi nhi kiya and they want me to upgrade to go through the same harassment again
@LJGIBBS What is the update bro? Even I have proof in writing that the card is converted into lifetime free with my card from the credit card department team and now executives are stating that it's chargeable and checking with the backend team since 12-14 days, someone replying it's chargeable and someone replying sth else.🤣

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had mojo was also charged first year fee, but didn't liked the card at all. So mailed kotak to close it. If a better card with ltf can be given, them I'll continue.

After a few days got a call from retention team, offering zen as ltf. And they also reversed fee for mojo. For zen ltf, I told them that email me confirming card is ltf. So I've that as well for future

#aniket

TF Ace
I had mojo was also charged first year fee, but didn't liked the card at all. So mailed kotak to close it. If a better card with ltf can be given, them I'll continue.

After a few days got a call from retention team, offering zen as ltf. And they also reversed fee for mojo. For zen ltf, I told them that email me confirming card is ltf. So I've that as well for future
How old your mojo card was when you had placed closure request?

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@LJGIBBS What's the update ?

I got email for upgrade to Zen with 0 Joining Fees.
Kotak being Kotak, now charged Rs 1500 + GST Joining Fees.
CC replied with usual copy paste template that everything is as per rules and nothing can be done.
Raised a complaint with RBI, Nodal Officer called and mentioned she will investigate and if possible will revert the fees.

I told you do whatever you like, I'll take it up with RBI :ROFLMAO:

#aniket

TF Ace

CC replied with usual copy paste template that everything is as per rules and nothing can be done.
Raised a complaint with RBI, Nodal Officer called and mentioned she will investigate and if possible will revert the fees.

Great bro, convince karne ka kosis kaiya jayega lekin hona nahi hai 🤣

Demand joining fees along with the compensation for opportunity cost and stress.

#aniket

TF Ace

Nodal officer himself called you or someone from his desk?

Also, what is the resolution period given to you?

LJGIBBS

TF Ace

Are, if they have deducted fee, and you have that mail mentioning 0 joining fee. Then lodge a complaint at RBI ombudsman. Tight bamboo hoga Kotak ka.

Mere case mei, I complained before they charged fee, hence they told rbi that card is already fyf and customer is confused.