• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak cc issued with very low limit

D

Deleted member 7241

E
If a card is LTF and you dont have a problem keeping, never close it just because it has low limit. Kotak bank is generous in giving limit enhancement. Use it once or twice, like evey alternate month, and then stop using for 2-3 months. They will give LE.
If you close your card, it will be very difficult yo get another one.
Exactly.....
My experience with kotak is a **ck and suck relationship I had savings account which has 2500 minimum balance and I did balance upto 6lac and also 8 years account maintained well and one time they offered white card ltf on app and I applied but to my surprise when approving they said since it’s Pre approved and no documentation they can’t offer ltf and asked to take paid one
I felt they scam me and asked not to process cc application and next 10 days I visited branch and said this as reason got my account closed
Branch manager begged a lot but I don’t want such false or fake banking guys

I'm Sharing My Journey...

I Never Faced any issue..Even Bank Employee Call me each time and Process application...

Earlier I had League Platinum...Then zen ..Then white ..and Now White reserve..

Every time i got tremendous support from kotak

Attachments

• IMG_20230212_135912.jpg
    IMG_20230212_135912.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 61

AsB

TF Ace
E

Exactly.....

I Never Faced any issue..Even Bank Employee Call me each time and Process application...

Can you share masked photos of White and White reserve?
I want to see how they look

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
E

Exactly.....

White reserve ltf bro?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige

I think only you are getting good services from Kotak. Rest others aren't.
Overall its not a good bank as it overrides given promises to its users. This breaks trust.

AsB

TF Ace
Could someone has experience answer these, not getting much support from Kotak. TIA

- Closed Secured card but still showing in mobile app and netbanking. And when apply in mobile app it saying "you already had card with us" like that.

Support said: Card closed, will check with backend about why app showing like that. Interesting part is its still going even after 6 months and they still checking.

Cibil updated with proper close date after card closure but mobile app and netbanking still showing that card and considering customer already had card.

- 3 months back try to apply their card based on CRN and didn't proceeded based on available cards.

Since then everytime when try to aplly it showing "your application in progress, our representative will get in touch with you".

Last 2 months checking with their support and asked exactly "please cancel the application and allow me to apply again through online" and received response "your application rejected, we're sorry can't cancel the application".

Even nodal officer said samething. Another friend who has 811 account try to apply same 2 years ago and still showing same message, so little afraid wil it be same to this account.

- How you're communicating with support because emails received from 'no reply' address, and netbanking inbox messages doesn't have service request number to escalate higher.

Really after dealing with them for over 9 months, Axis looks much better for me. This is next level support and that too for salary account.

After multiple calls, some of the support said backend looking for these issues, apply by visiting branch.

Any experience or tips to solve this or offline only?
No. Their systems are way too old. Get a Cibil report, and all their communications. And create a service request. That way, you can escalate to Nodal and then PNO.
No bank can do much about Technical failures.

AsB

TF Ace
Yeah, tried that route.

Unlike other banks observed that when I send messges to PNO, either customer support or NO only responding instead of PNO. I lost hope when I saw those replies.

It's worst then any bank as I experienced even BOB is too good not because of satisfactory results but a meaningful responses even after delay.

They can't cancel the "already rejected application (according to them)" which not even applied in the first place (according to me), and backend working on resolve the issue.

This is way over support. @vrushanksoni your inputs on my issues and a way to resolve them, how you're raising queries and account variant?
Raise an RBI complaint.

It is your best bet. Otherwise, Kotak bank cannot do any such thing. Inwont be surprised, if RBI puts a bank on Kotak just like Hdfc

Last edited:
How did you get it LTF BTW?
Agent told me its LTF and later on while filling application it showed my zero joining and annual fees. But after card approval i asked customer care about LTF status and they denied the same.

I don't know whats wrong with this bank but i have sent a mail to their grievance cell regarding this with agent call recording and application zero fees screenshot. Lets see what they have to say, waiting for their reply from 2 days.

I will not activate the card until LTF confirmation and if its a paid card then ill leave it as it is.