• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Information] Rooted Phone Users - Do Not Update Payzapp

Post number 32 has been selected as best answer.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am not sure since when, but the New Payzapp latest version (1.0.0.230424-56.10 released on 26 April) as available on the Play Store does not work on rooted Android mobile phones. You get an error 15 toast message.

Sharing as a warning/information for fellow rooted Android phone users, pls don't update.

Do note I am rooted user and use Magisk, Lsposed, Xprivacy, HMA etc to make bank apps like iMobile, Axis, SC work. But yet to find a way to solve this version of Payzapp.

My OS is close to stock, rooted Android 13

Package Name: com.hdfcbank.payzapp (the new Payzapp app)

Update 1: Through one user, whyred, from another forum, learnt that using DevOptsHide module might help. I tried but no help for me. Sharing in case it works on your ROM / Magisk setup

Update 2: I was finally able to use Payzapp on my rooted phone. Did lot of tweaking through out the day so not sure what exactly worked. Sharing details here

Last edited:

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am not sure since when, but the New Payzapp latest version (1.0.0.230424-56.10 released on 26 April) as available on the Play Store does not work on rooted Android mobile phones. You get an error 15 toast message.

Sharing as a warning/information for fellow rooted Android phone users, pls don't update.

Do note I am rooted user and use Magisk, Lsposed, Xprivacy, HMA etc to make bank apps like iMobile, Axis, SC work. But yet to find a way to solve this version of Payzapp.

Stopped working for me even before with the v1.0.0.230420 updated on 22 Apr giving the same error 15 message
Even Paytm also closes for me on Rooted Phone (Android 10, Magisk 25.2 hidden with Shamiko, USNF, Lsposed modules)

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Stopped working for me even before with the v1.0.0.230420 updated on 22 Apr giving the same error 15 message
Even Paytm also closes for me on Rooted Phone (Android 10, Magisk 25.2 hidden with Shamiko, USNF, Lsposed modules)
Oh, I checked Payzapp app recently and found.

Rest all apps work for me including HDFC Bank app. It is Payzapp which stopped first. Think detecting Zygisk or something on the same lines.

Last edited:

pandyag

TF Select
VIP Lounge

try to use magisk delta instead

Sreerag

TF Premier
I am also a rooted user but I do not recommend rooting.... It is very risky. Even though Magisk modules can help you to use these apps, a hacker can use day 0 exploits to get access to the phone. I recommend you buy a new phone or second hand one to use banking apps and use banking SIM cards

CardTox

TF Premier

Let alone Ruted device, you can not even use new payzapp with developer options enabled....however you can reenable developer option after installing it...... bro keep secondary device for this technical work and other device for usual txn.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Let alone Ruted device, you can not even use new payzapp with developer options enabled....however you can reenable developer option after installing it...... bro keep secondary device for this technical work and other device for usual txn.
I use it with developer options enabled, it just gives me a toast saying disable it xD

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ha ha.

I root my main device, always! It gives me more flexibility.

With rooted phone, you can even hide developer mode to be seen by selected apps. It worked well for SC, HSBC etc.

PS: I am not a developer.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's not worth headache to root nowadays. Always used phone rooted, current device was also rooted but reverted to stock.
Are you using universal safety net fix module?
It is a headache, as most of banks apps go all way out to check for root - I mean like why. They should focus on fixing and making their apps better.

But have been able to manage so far and so root continues :)