• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Information] Rooted Phone Users - Do Not Update Payzapp

Post number 32 has been selected as best answer.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am not sure since when, but the New Payzapp latest version (1.0.0.230424-56.10 released on 26 April) as available on the Play Store does not work on rooted Android mobile phones. You get an error 15 toast message.

Sharing as a warning/information for fellow rooted Android phone users, pls don't update.

Do note I am rooted user and use Magisk, Lsposed, Xprivacy, HMA etc to make bank apps like iMobile, Axis, SC work. But yet to find a way to solve this version of Payzapp.

My OS is close to stock, rooted Android 13

Package Name: com.hdfcbank.payzapp (the new Payzapp app)

Update 1: Through one user, whyred, from another forum, learnt that using DevOptsHide module might help. I tried but no help for me. Sharing in case it works on your ROM / Magisk setup

Update 2: I was finally able to use Payzapp on my rooted phone. Did lot of tweaking through out the day so not sure what exactly worked. Sharing details here

Last edited:

pandyag

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It is a headache, as most of banks apps go all way out to check for root - I mean like why. They should focus on fixing and making their apps better.

But have been able to manage so far and so root continues :)
i used root mainly for call recording. but came back to stock as so many banking apps and any update can break things.
magisk project is also almost over as tophohnwu joined google.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
how to hide developer mode being detected by apps?
Are you rooted? If yes then with LSposed can use the module IAmNotADeveloper
i used root mainly for call recording. but came back to stock as so many banking apps and any update can break things.
magisk project is also almost over as tophohnwu joined google.
Yes, Magisk development has slowed but then other devs have picked up. Magisk Delta is being updated regularly.

Last edited:

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What config do you use for Paytm?

Universal SafetyNet Fix module
My config is

Magisk Delta - latest
MagiskHide Enabled (same as Shamiko, but built in settings, like old Magisk versions)
UNSF Mod Displax
LSposed Zygisk + IAmNotADeveloper + XPrivacyLua + HideMyAppList (HMA)

XPrivacyLua is not enabled for Paytm as of now, but I use it for iMobile, Axis, SC, HSBC etc
HMA has a bit of learning curve, essentially it is an app to hide bank from detecting other apps (which tells that app is root)

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Update 2: I was finally able to use Payzapp on my rooted phone. Did lot of tweaking through out the day so not sure what exactly worked. Sharing details below

Removed Data & Cache and then Uninstalled Payzapp
Rebooted
Installed Payzapp (but didn't open it)
Added it to MagiskHide (double checked and selected all 3 activities)
Added to XPosed for XPrivacy, IAMNotADeveloper
Under XPrivacyLua disabled access to analytics, activities, installed apps
Under HMA, disabled access to all root apps (I have a big list)
Rebooted and then tested. Voila worked well.

Quite a long day, but happy that Payzapp worked finally

amitamie

TF Select
Update 2: I was finally able to use Payzapp on my rooted phone. Did lot of tweaking through out the day so not sure what exactly worked. Sharing details below

Rebooted

bhai itna sab kr ke... itna pain le kar k hua kya ... ye toh btaya hi nahi... apne ?

if you don't mind Kindly share why you took so much pain for just Payzapp ?
Is there anything special using payzapp on rooted phone .???
Please share so that Technofino community other person can also get benefited, if it is useful ?

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
bhai itna sab kr ke... itna pain le kar k hua kya ... ye toh btaya hi nahi... apne ?

if you don't mind Kindly share why you took so much pain for just Payzapp ?
Is there anything special using payzapp on rooted phone .???
Please share so that Technofino community other person can also get benefited, if it is useful ?
Lol, rooting has its own Pros and Cons.

Issue was that Payzapp app stopped working on a rooted phone and hence this post was to inform everyone to avoid update till the time we find a solution.

I took pain because I want to make all bank apps work on my rooted phone. While the efforts for Payzapp today, in the future the same learnings will be helpful if any other bank app start acting funny.

It was also like a challenge which I wanted to solve.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Rebooted

Core-only mode with Sulist worked for me

RockyBond

TF Premier

Rebooted

Did everything mentioned still not working for me. Payzapp is becoming a nightmare. Worst thing is when i install lasr working old apk i get error saying app installed from unknown source and closes.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC apps have always been notorious when comes to root detection. What generally works is changing the id keys, as HDFC stores which devices are rooted in their servers.

Just use Android Faker and change the ids.
Android Faker is not needed, have been using HDFC apps on rooted phones for many years. This was not needed but then I do use XprivacyLua which also restricts what all can the app see.

This time Payzapp have overtaken HDFC Mobile app in terms of root detection

Last edited: