• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Information] Rooted Phone Users - Do Not Update Payzapp

Post number 32 has been selected as best answer.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am not sure since when, but the New Payzapp latest version (1.0.0.230424-56.10 released on 26 April) as available on the Play Store does not work on rooted Android mobile phones. You get an error 15 toast message.

Sharing as a warning/information for fellow rooted Android phone users, pls don't update.

Do note I am rooted user and use Magisk, Lsposed, Xprivacy, HMA etc to make bank apps like iMobile, Axis, SC work. But yet to find a way to solve this version of Payzapp.

My OS is close to stock, rooted Android 13

Package Name: com.hdfcbank.payzapp (the new Payzapp app)

Update 1: Through one user, whyred, from another forum, learnt that using DevOptsHide module might help. I tried but no help for me. Sharing in case it works on your ROM / Magisk setup

Update 2: I was finally able to use Payzapp on my rooted phone. Did lot of tweaking through out the day so not sure what exactly worked. Sharing details here

Last edited:

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Did everything mentioned still not working for me. Payzapp is becoming a nightmare. Worst thing is when i install lasr working old apk i get error saying app installed from unknown source and closes.
Ya, old apk can't be installed.

I will suggest uninstall completely and do steps from scratch once more. Else use the route of only Magisk Core, suggested here by @TheMentalist

Sanketh

TF Neo
Ya, old apk can't be installed.

I will suggest uninstall completely and do steps from scratch once more. Else use the route of only Magisk Core, suggested here by @TheMentalist
I reinstalled custom rom again now able to register but if I open it again it says bootloader unlocked varified boot state is unvarified , now it became one time usable ,nothing worked for me ,is there any way to hide bootloader unlock status??

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As the discussion on rooted phones, I'm unable to see the tap and pay option on Cred, I'm using HML, xposed lua and added cred to these but still no luck. All my apps are working after hiding them. Cred also works but tap and pay option is not available. I read in their blog that tap and pay is not available for rooted phone users. Can anyone please help?

Roy1304

TF Buzz
Hey I was using Shizuku app for trying and experimenting few other apps which need some root access like Amarok. But due to Shizuku my banking apps like Payzapp have been stopped working showing rooted device detected. I just want to figure out how to unroot my devices or change the device to its original system settings as it was before shizuku.
Can someone please Help its vey important to use these banking apps for me in day to day life.

Roy1304

TF Buzz
How did you install / ran shizuku, knowing the exact steps I can help you better.
I ran shizuku by just enabling developer mode and running steps via Wireless Debugging. In Shizuku app there is an option of "Start via Wireless Debugging" which I selected and followed all steps. Thats how i started Shizuku on my device. If you need any more info I am Happy to share Screenshots.

Last edited:

Roy1304

TF Buzz
In that case,

1. Uninstall shizuku
2. Disable wifi & usb debugging in dev options
3. Disable dev options

This should bring your device back to its original state.

Though hdfc may have flagged your device as risky. You then have to install the app in another android profile (user)
Is there no other way that I can use my PayZapp app in same profile?

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Latest update of Payzapp, v 2.0.0 has got additional root detection.

Pls take backup before updating.

For advanced users-

Magisk Delta with inbuilt Zygisk + HMA is working for me
Magisk Delta with Zygisk Next + HMA is not working for me (this was working with Payzapp 1.0.0.231107-159-03)

Other things like Play Integrity etc has to obviously pass

Last edited:

RockyBond

TF Premier
Latest update of Payzapp, v 2.0.0 has got additional root detection.

Pls take backup before updating.

For advanced users-

Magisk Delta with inbuilt Zygisk + HMA is working for me
Magisk Delta with Zygisk Next + HMA is not working for me (this was working with Payzapp 1.0.0.231107-159-03)

Other things like Play Integrity etc has to obviously pass
Tata neu working for you?

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Anyone on rooted phone with Payzapp - Does Tap & Pay work for you?

For me Payzapp app works well with my rooted phone, using steps in post #47 here

But when I try to activate Tap & Pay for Payzapp card, after pressing Register, I am getting error "Something went wrong"