• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank Pioneer Savings Account Opening Experience

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All!

I was researching about IndusInd Pioneer account lately and was thinking about opening one, so I approached my nearest branch and the desk person says my PAN is not eligible for a Pioneer account 😂. I told her it's not a Credit Card that I am applying for and she says:
"hota hain sir aapko pata nahi hoga"

Anyway she declined my request to open a Pioneer Account and insisted I am max eligible for Exclusive Account but should open partner account instead.

I was already fed up with my branch and hence I decided to approach a Pioneer Branch directly and open an account with them. They instantly filled the form for me and opened the account, within a week I received the welcome kit with the debit card.

But the only issue was they did not assign me any RM and I had to contact the person through whom I opened the account with, well it's not a big deal as that person is knowledgeable enough but this kind of service was not expected, also they updated incorrect E-mail ID and residential address which I had to update later.

Still they do know about their services and features, as I requested for a metal debit card, they processed it instantly without any charges!

Overall I would say it was a hectic experience but the customer service and knowledge of the Pioneer Branch staff is great 👍

20230513_154406.jpg 20230513_154442.jpg

P.S. I have asked them about LTF Pioneer Heritage Metal Credit Card upgrade but they say it's not possible to reduce or remove the joining fees. After reading so many posts of other people here I said people are getting it LTF so they ask me to share the contact details of the RM who helped them do the process as they are not sure about how it's done and how to take an approval, so if recently anyone has received this card LTF please guide me here🙏

Last edited by a moderator:

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi All!

I was researching about IndusInd Pioneer account lately and was thinking about opening one, so I approached my nearest branch and the desk person says my PAN is not eligible for a Pioneer account 😂. I told her it's not a Credit Card that I am applying for and she says:
"hota hain sir aapko pata nahi hoga"

Anyway she declined my request to open a Pioneer Account and insisted I am max eligible for Exclusive Account but should open partner account instead.

I was already fed up with my branch and hence I decided to approach a Pioneer Branch directly and open an account with them. They instantly filled the form for me and opened the account, within a week I received the welcome kit with the debit card.

But the only issue was they did not assign me any RM and I had to contact the person through whom I opened the account with, well it's not a big deal as that person is knowledgeable enough but this kind of service was not expected, also they updated incorrect E-mail ID and residential address which I had to update later.

Still they do know about their services and features, as I requested for a metal debit card, they processed it instantly without any charges!

Overall I would say it was a hectic experience but the customer service and knowledge of the Pioneer Branch staff is great 👍

20230513_154406.jpg 20230513_154442.jpg

P.S. I have asked them about LTF Pioneer Heritage Metal Credit Card upgrade but they say it's not possible to reduce or remove the joining fees. After reading so many posts of other people here I said people are getting it LTF so they ask me to share the contact details of the RM who helped them do the process as they are not sure about how it's done and how to take an approval, so if recently anyone has received this card LTF please guide me here🙏
What was criteria/NRV required to open this account?

roadrunner

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Well, I removed all the funds from my account like a literal zero (for three whole months) and nothing happened upon asking my RM she said no downgrades in IndusInd Bank, still not gonna risk, I'll be adding the funds back to be on safer side
thank you .. I knew ICICI had this but if IndusInd have no downgrades, I shall add them to my list.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
thank you .. I knew ICICI had this but if IndusInd have no downgrades, I shall add them to my list.
you're welcome 🤗
IndusInd staff is more knowledgeable than ICICI staff, when I approached them to open a wealth account, that person was completely clueless about what details to enter in the form and were taking each others assistance, they even tried to enter "no" for pre-approved cards, I hope that's not the case in other branches🤦

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This bank has one of the worst customer service. I am thinking of taking a job here. Debit freeze happens for small things like signature upload (done by branch) not clear, foreign inward remittance, etc.

I transferred $100 on May 1st and still did not get my money. Other banks credit it in 1 to 3 days max.

Maturity level of bank is very low. Escalations to Helpdesk or even PNO won’t help.

Don’t fall for the metal card. Go with IDFC / HDFC / ICICI or even Axis.

When things go bad, HNI accounts has to support and answer to us in a timely fashion. The tickets opened has not been answered for over 12 days. Imagine keeping large sums of money in a bank like this.

Last edited:

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This bank has one of the worst customer service. I am thinking of taking a job here. Debit freeze happens for small things like signature upload (done by branch) not clear, foreign inward remittance, etc.

I transferred $100 on May 1st and still did not get my money. Other banks credit it in 1 to 3 days max.

Maturity level of bank is very low. Escalations to Helpdesk or even PNO won’t help.

Don’t fall for the metal card. Go with IDFC / HDFC / ICICI or even Axis.
I am not so sure about how they handle foreign currencies, but I feel in this case ICICI would do a better job

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How to upgrade existing account
If you can convince the staff that you will maintain the required balance in future or if you keep 10 Lakhs in your account for atleast 3 months you can request your branch or your RM for upgradation. My suggestion would be to open the account directly with initial funding (easiest way) plus you can ask them for Pioneer credit cards with negotiations as well.

purush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you can convince the staff that you will maintain the required balance in future or if you keep 10 Lakhs in your account for atleast 3 months you can request your branch or your RM for upgradation. My suggestion would be to open the account directly with initial funding (easiest way) plus you can ask them for Pioneer credit cards with negotiations as well.
So does it mean close the existing account.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes ICICI is better but the point is not about that. It is a litmus test to see how the branch or customer care supports when something goes wrong.

No reply from customer care and branch to emails and phone calls for 12 days is very bad.
TBH ICICI Bank staff is not knowledgeable enough, not just the branch but thier customer care is equally dumb. I am really surprised it is one of the leading banks of our country on top of it no benefits with their Savings account and cards as well.