• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Exclusive Family Account Opening Experience

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Want to share this experience with you all...

This Saturday went to IndusInd Bank Jodhpur Park Branch in Kolkata to open exclusive family account for my wife. It's a very small branch and we were very cordially received. They offered us tea/coffee even before we got to sit.

But then the fiasco started. BM was on leave and the other staff were not sure if they can open the account from Branch (in spite of the branch being my home branch). They got into GD mode and finally called someone to confirm if it can be done. On positive response they started processing and asked me for 20K funding.

Problem 1: They used an iPhone for the application process but Aadhaar OTP was not coming and the lady tried it several times and used up max attempts. Later when the OTPs came we didn't know which one to enter and it didn't work. Now the only option left was biometric verification but they didn't have a connector for the iPhone. So they started the whole process all over again from an android phone. This time it was done and they asked me to transfer 20K from a non IndusInd account which I did.

Problem 2: After the fund was received in the account they were not able to do grouping as system was asking for 1.2L funding. Again they made some phone calls and came out with the view that for grouping total balance of 2.2L is required across the primary account and the new account. 1.2L couldn't be transferred immediately as max of 50K can be transferred after adding a new beneficiary. So they asked for a cheque which I was not carrying. So, executive came to my home after couple of hours and collected cheque and told me account will be activated by Monday. They provided kit with Titanium DC and mentioned Exclusive DC will come by post.

Problem 3: The whole process in the bank took about 1.5 hrs. I parked my car on the main road. There wasn't any No Parking board but still the traffic police came and said he will give me Rs. 850 case for parking on main road for so long. I know better not to argue with them so I called the lady from the branch and she called the BM who spoke to the traffic police and settled the matter for Rs. 100. While I knew that's what the traffic police was after but he was not accepting Rs. 100 when I offered and was asking for 500.

Now hoping that the account gets activated tomorrow (04-Mar-2024).

UPDATE
Forgot to check yesterday. Account is active as on date (05-Mar-2024). Exclusive VISA Signature DC also showing in app. Now let's wait for the kit.

UPDATE
Kit delivered today (06-Mar-2024) through Blue Dart.

Last edited:

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This traffic police thing in Kolkata is good mostly. Whenever I visit at my relatives house in " Hiland Park, Kolkata ", I have seen traffic police issuing fine for talking on phone while crossing road on foot, they appear suddenly from nowhere,especially happened with my cousin at Gariahat 😂

On Indusind bank exclusive account, I am also planning to open this soon but some are suggesting Select account will be fine too. I just need this account to pay bills & similar things.

Last edited:

sjmajumder

TF Ace
This traffic police thing in Kolkata is good mostly. Whenever I visit at my relatives house in " Hiland Park, Kolkata ", I have seen traffic police issuing fine for talking on phone while crossing road on foot, they appear suddenly from nowhere,especially happened with my cousin at Gariahat 😂

On Indusind bank exclusive account, I am also planning to open this spon but some are suggesting Select account will be fine too. I just need this account to pay bills & similar things.
If you have a Pinnacle CC go for Exclusive. It will be zero balance account.

SN.M

TF Buzz
What are the benefits of exclusive account?
family accounts opened under primary exclusive account holds same privileges and are given dc at LTF.
my favourite is gold locker - small and medium 1st year free and 2nd year till you hold the account you will get it at 50% discount.
Dedicated RM is assigned and he will collect cheques from our home there is no limit
he will collect amount from our house and deliver too, minimum of 10k and max 1 lakh - limit once per - day

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think everywhere the branches are same.

I opened an Select account and went to bank to upgrade it to Exclusive.They told it's easier to open in branch then online. I just said okay. After the process they asked if they want to open any more accounts and I told abt opening an account for my wife.

They told they can do it in a day if we have Aadhar and PAN. So we started the process. It's been 10 days. Every time they are asking for new documents to take the account creating forward.

Day 3 after opening account : they wanted aadhaar original for Xerox. We gave it.
They called again in 30 mins and asked for Signature on the Aadhar Xerox. We went back travelling 30 mins

Day 4 : they want another proof with my wife's dad's name on it. I asked why it is needed.

The reason " Back end team thought that the Aadhaar might have been a fake one"
I asked them " how will your back end team know if the new proof is original or fake " They don't have an ans. I sent them after expressing my concerns and how disappointed I am. I sent them the pdf version of proof

Day 9: They want the new proof sent on Day 4 to be in JPEG format instead of PDF.
I told them to convert it into the format they need from their side. The said OK. No update as of now

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Sharing another experience with same account...

I generally keep the debit cards temporarily deactivated. Changed mobile (old mobile reset to factory settings). And then I was not able to register mobile banking in the new mobile. To re-register it asked to validate through debit card/credit card/net banking. Credit card has different customer id so couldn't use it, net banking I didn't activate so was left with only option to activate with debit card. But when I tried using debit card details it kept on saying invalid credentials. After trying few times, although I was 100% sure that I have entered correct credentials, I thought of resetting PIN online. It is then that I realized the issue was because of debit card is temporarily blocked. System message said call branch or customer care. I called RM in branch, she took my request and said it will take 24 hours to get activated. Nothing happened after 24 hours so I messaged her as her number was busy. She reverted after another 24 hours asking me if problem is resolved. When I said still facing same issue she asked me to visit branch. I said very difficult for me to visit branch and she didn't say anything more. Later that night I called up customer care, they took the request and asked me to wait for one hour. Received SMS after 30 mins card is active and registered new device using the same.

Was RM playing with me? Just trying to get me to visit branch so she can try and sell something?

RohitSah

TF Buzz
I am holding select acc + legend card, so its 0MAB. So can I open select account for my father under family banking, will it be 0 MAB as well. He is not having legend card.

Strange

TF Legend
Want to share this experience with you all...

This Saturday went to IndusInd Bank Jodhpur Park Branch in Kolkata to open exclusive family account for my wife. It's a very small branch and we were very cordially received. They offered us tea/coffee even before we got to sit.

But then the fiasco started. BM was on leave and the other staff were not sure if they can open the account from Branch (in spite of the branch being my home branch). They got into GD mode and finally called someone to confirm if it can be done. On positive response they started processing and asked me for 20K funding.

Problem 1: They used an iPhone for the application process but Aadhaar OTP was not coming and the lady tried it several times and used up max attempts. Later when the OTPs came we didn't know which one to enter and it didn't work. Now the only option left was biometric verification but they didn't have a connector for the iPhone. So they started the whole process all over again from an android phone. This time it was done and they asked me to transfer 20K from a non IndusInd account which I did.

Problem 2: After the fund was received in the account they were not able to do grouping as system was asking for 1.2L funding. Again they made some phone calls and came out with the view that for grouping total balance of 2.2L is required across the primary account and the new account. 1.2L couldn't be transferred immediately as max of 50K can be transferred after adding a new beneficiary. So they asked for a cheque which I was not carrying. So, executive came to my home after couple of hours and collected cheque and told me account will be activated by Monday. They provided kit with Titanium DC and mentioned Exclusive DC will come by post.

Problem 3: The whole process in the bank took about 1.5 hrs. I parked my car on the main road. There wasn't any No Parking board but still the traffic police came and said he will give me Rs. 850 case for parking on main road for so long. I know better not to argue with them so I called the lady from the branch and she called the BM who spoke to the traffic police and settled the matter for Rs. 100. While I knew that's what the traffic police was after but he was not accepting Rs. 100 when I offered and was asking for 500.

Now hoping that the account gets activated tomorrow (04-Mar-2024).

UPDATE
Forgot to check yesterday. Account is active as on date (05-Mar-2024). Exclusive VISA Signature DC also showing in app. Now let's wait for the kit.

UPDATE
Kit delivered today (06-Mar-2024) through Blue Dart.
IndusLnd for a reason.

muralimr

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have exclusive Zero MAB due to Pinnacle CC. When I tried to open exclusive family account , Branch person told me Pinnacle based zero MAB is applicable only to card holder and family grouping not possible. This was in 2022, i did not take it further.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I have exclusive Zero MAB due to Pinnacle CC. When I tried to open exclusive family account , Branch person told me Pinnacle based zero MAB is applicable only to card holder and family grouping not possible. This was in 2022, i did not take it further.
That's not correct. Branch people simply didn't want to do it.