• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank Delite Zero balance account opening experience.

Abhi5467

TF Select
IndusInd Bank Delite Zero balance account opening experience!
Greetings everyone, I recently opened IndusInd Delite Zero balance through the app. I hold IndusInd Legend CC LTF and wanted the Delights debit card. As I filled the details, the bank prompted me to deposit 1000 balance + 590 debit card charges before proceeding to VKYC. I paid via UPI. Then almost 15 mins wait, the window resumed with the agent having very poor connection and the video became jittery. After some time, he asked basic details and proceed to ask 'Why I'm opening this account ' , I said for savings purpose and online transactions. He then told me that the VKYC has FAILED without giving me any reason and told me to visit bank for further process. Next day I visited bank and the agent was reluctant to get KYC done citing again what's the purpose of opening account. Then I asked him that whether if it's the lower variant account that's why there are so many problems? He agreed without clearly mentioning. The agent then took my documents and was a friend of my uncle and then explained the demerits like don't open this account. Too much transactions, or money deposits may freeze the account. All and all , I realised that banks don't want to open Zero balance account but for diversification they posted online. He also asked me why didn't I visited the branch, but there's only one branch in my city and address was not accurate so I get it done online. I'm pretty sure, in offline he wouldn't have open the account and diverted me to higher variants. Not a good experience, as my KOTAK 811 account was opened in minutes. Also not much information is available online regarding the account except flaunting their delights debit card. Many threads highlighted freeze of delite account after many transactions. I'll update after using account and card after some months.

bhauka11

TF Buzz
IndusInd Bank Delite Zero balance account opening experience!
Greetings everyone, I recently opened IndusInd Delite Zero balance through the app. I hold IndusInd Legend CC LTF and wanted the Delights debit card. As I filled the details, the bank prompted me to deposit 1000 balance + 590 debit card charges before proceeding to VKYC. I paid via UPI. Then almost 15 mins wait, the window resumed with the agent having very poor connection and the video became jittery. After some time, he asked basic details and proceed to ask 'Why I'm opening this account ' , I said for savings purpose and online transactions. He then told me that the VKYC has FAILED without giving me any reason and told me to visit bank for further process. Next day I visited bank and the agent was reluctant to get KYC done citing again what's the purpose of opening account. Then I asked him that whether if it's the lower variant account that's why there are so many problems? He agreed without clearly mentioning. The agent then took my documents and was a friend of my uncle and then explained the demerits like don't open this account. Too much transactions, or money deposits may freeze the account. All and all , I realised that banks don't want to open Zero balance account but for diversification they posted online. He also asked me why didn't I visited the branch, but there's only one branch in my city and address was not accurate so I get it done online. I'm pretty sure, in offline he wouldn't have open the account and diverted me to higher variants. Not a good experience, as my KOTAK 811 account was opened in minutes. Also not much information is available online regarding the account except flaunting their delights debit card. Many threads highlighted freeze of delite account after many transactions. I'll update after using account and card after some months.
I've heard that people with no credit history/unemployed can get pre approved credit card offers with Indusind Delite account by maintaining good QAB.

Is that so??

Abhi5467

TF Select
I've heard that people with no credit history/unemployed can get pre approved credit card offers with Indusind Delite account by maintaining good QAB.

Is that so??
I didn't even had any relationship with IndusInd. Last year I made an account on Paisabazaar and last month got a pre-approved offer of IndusInd Legend CC with pretty good limit. I opened the zero balance account only to get the Delights debit card. If you want to open, go through online route as in offline agents won't even consider talking to you about zero balance account. They are giving Legend CC LTF to pretty much everyone at this point. Open the account just for relationship sake they won't ask for income documents.

bhauka11

TF Buzz
I didn't even had any relationship with IndusInd. Last year I made an account on Paisabazaar and last month got a pre-approved offer of IndusInd Legend CC with pretty good limit. I opened the zero balance account only to get the Delights debit card. If you want to open, go through online route as in offline agents won't even consider talking to you about zero balance account. They are giving Legend CC LTF to pretty much everyone at this point. Open the account just for relationship sake they won't ask for income documents.
I wanted a CC for my mother who doesn't have a credit history and is a housewife, will she get it by 0 balance indus delite account?

Abhi5467

TF Select
I wanted a CC for my mother who doesn't have a credit history and is a housewife, will she get it by 0 balance indus delite account?
I think better go with Kotak 811 zero balance account than IndusInd. IndusInd is a headache and the service is also pathetic. Kotak is far more easy and their apps are quite good. Considering it's for your mother, as Kotak League is offered LTF to zero balance account customers too. Use kotak 811 for 3-6 months, they give pre-approved offers and won't be asked any documents. Until then take some pay later on any App like Flipkart Amazon use it for couple of months. They will start reporting to CIBIL. Once you get the CC, close the pay later.

bhauka11

TF Buzz
I think better go with Kotak 811 zero balance account than IndusInd. IndusInd is a headache and the service is also pathetic. Kotak is far more easy and their apps are quite good. Considering it's for your mother, as Kotak League is offered LTF to zero balance account customers too. Use kotak 811 for 3-6 months, they give pre-approved offers and won't be asked any documents. Until then take some pay later on any App like Flipkart Amazon use it for couple of months. They will start reporting to CIBIL. Once you get the CC, close the pay later.
But i think amazon or flipkart don't provide pay later to a person with bad/no credit history..

Is there any other pay later which can be approved easily and is reported under cibil??

Abhi5467

TF Select
But i think amazon or flipkart don't provide pay later to a person with bad/no credit history..

Is there any other pay later which can be approved easily and is reported under cibil??
Try for FD backed CC, like Fi, Jupiter, watch YouTube videos on said app before applying. Do FD of minimum amount required to get the card. Also open Simpl app account, sooner they are also going to be reported to CIBIL.

Abhi5467

TF Select
INDUSIND DELITE ZERO BALANCE ACCOUNT UPDATE: Got the welcome kit delivered. It only contains the card without any PIN.

How to activate Delights debit card:
Chose Services in ATM / Click on GET INSTA PIN/ one time pin will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the one time pin and generate new pin.

Add account to IndusInd app:
Click burger icon in top left corner
Click on Link relationship
Click on link bank account
Enter the debit card details
Your account will be linked to the app in 3 days.