• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Sapphiro Dual Card (Mastercard & Amex)

yashtag

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I got a ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card on November 2022 and it was on the Mastercard network.

After reading a few posts on our forum about the dual card for Sapphiro, I reached out to Customer Service through their website contact form for Level 1 complaints requesting for the same. Initially there was no reply other than silence for almost a week.

Escalated it to Level 2 and got a reply the next day saying the request will be addressed by concerned team within 3 working days. Yesterday, I received an email saying that I am being upgraded to the dual card variant and saw the two cards listed on iMobilePay and Net Banking. It was shipped through Bluedart and expecting it to be delivered tomorrow.

If anyone is looking to switch from Visa to Mastercard or to get the dual card, give this a try. Reach out to their Customer Service team through email since phone is literally useless.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 231312.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 231312.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 502

jaimingandhi64

TF Premier
They closed my Visa variant, after issuing the MC+Amex variant for Sapphiro :(
As per their policies, it's not allowed to hold all 3 variants, since it messes up with their reward system; Although I doubt this... Anyways, while initiating the dual variant, they had clearly mentioned that the visa one will get closed in both mail as well as over call; and they kept re-iterating the same during the process and finally on receiving it, they proceeded to close it as per their commitment. I thought avoiding the call will work, but it didn't. I guess too many people might have used this loophole, to make them aware of it and now they are tracking down and closing the older variant :(

Just thought of sharing it to folks so that people do note while asking for variant change.
when you got your card delivered?
i got my amex and master card variant on 18th Sep’23 and so far i can see all 3 cards reflecting in Imobile app

after how many days your visa variant closed?

BlueFlash

TF Premier
when you got your card delivered?
i got my amex and master card variant on 18th Sep’23 and so far i can see all 3 cards reflecting in Imobile app

after how many days your visa variant closed?
Mine also got delivered like 2-3 days back only, although the issuance was done around 1.5-2 weeks back itself; The delivery took time due to some unforeseen circumstances... and Yes, I also could see all the 3 cards till this time, but now the Visa has been cancelled, and it doesn't show up in my app...
Didn't mean to alarm others; Maybe I could be the unfortunate one, since in my use-case, they had clearly written over mail that the Visa will get cancelled post issuance.

avis_

TF Premier
They closed my Visa variant, after issuing the MC+Amex variant for Sapphiro :(
As per their policies, it's not allowed to hold all 3 variants, since it messes up with their reward system; Although I doubt this... Anyways, while initiating the dual variant, they had clearly mentioned that the visa one will get closed in both mail as well as over call; and they kept re-iterating the same during the process and finally on receiving it, they proceeded to close it as per their commitment. I thought avoiding the call will work, but it didn't. I guess too many people might have used this loophole, to make them aware of it and now they are tracking down and closing the older variant :(

Just thought of sharing it to folks so that people do note while asking for variant change.
When did you convert to Dual Variant recently or long back ?

avis_

TF Premier
Mine also got delivered like 2-3 days back only, although the issuance was done around 1.5-2 weeks back itself; The delivery took time due to some unforeseen circumstances... and Yes, I also could see all the 3 cards till this time, but now the Visa has been cancelled, and it doesn't show up in my app...
Didn't mean to alarm others; Maybe I could be the unfortunate one, since in my use-case, they had clearly written over mail that the Visa will get cancelled post issuance.
For me also they got mail confirmation but no Blocking as of now. So I think it is always better to keep some amount outstanding Ig. Who was customer service manager for you.

avis_

TF Premier
For me also they called today. Asking to close the card either Visa / Master dual variant. I have asked for one day of time. What are are my options now. Will the closure request take me to retention team or it will be closed without any. @S S V your opinion.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
For me also they called today. Asking to close the card either Visa / Master dual variant. I have asked for one day of time. What are are my options now. Will the closure request take me to retention team or it will be closed without any. @S S V your opinion.
Nothing to say, unfortunately a lot of people from our community are flocking to ICICI, to exploit their systems within short span of time , without any genuine reason and it was apparent for them that the system was being abused and taking the corrective action..
This is one of the side effects of sharing the tricks in a vibrant community like our TF community

avis_

TF Premier
Nothing to say, unfortunately a lot of people from our community are flocking to ICICI, to exploit their systems within short span of time , without any genuine reason and it was apparent for them that the system was being abused and taking the corrective action..
This is one of the side effects of sharing the tricks in a vibrant community like our TF community
Yeah that's true. I am planning to close the card myself so I can be transferred to Retention team or leverage this support for a Rubyx card Visa Signature.

Reactions: SSV

AlgoTrader

TF Ace

do you hold coral rupay as well?

avis_

TF Premier
Yeah that's true. I am planning to close the card myself so I can be transferred to Retention team or leverage this support for a Rubyx card Visa Signature.
@S S V
So here is my story, they called me also to close the Visa Variant. Then I had my own excuses blah blah, I bought their time and told I will revert when I am ready. Meanwhile I tried closing the Dual variant myself and retention team asked not to do so and hold the three credit cards.

I leveraged this point and had a fight with them. Finally she asked me close Visa. To her surprise I told to cancel the Dual Variant 😉 (I thought, she may not close the dual variant as she had taken an exception for me and closing the same will backfire her) She tried to convince me telling that you hold Amazon Pay card in the visa variant so close this, also lured me with the extra reward points on Amex Variant. I made my mind to close the dual variant. She raised a SR for Closure on my Amex Variant.

Now it seems only Amex is closed and MC still active 😂

Also got to know that Amex Variant of Sapphiro is devalued w.e.f 25th September now rewards points posted will be same on all the three variants.

IMG_20230927_171855.jpg

holding VISA and MC will help for BMS offers.

NOOB_ui

TF Buzz
@S S V
So here is my story, they called me also to close the Visa Variant. Then I had my own excuses blah blah, I bought their time and told I will revert when I am ready. Meanwhile I tried closing the Dual variant myself and retention team asked not to do so and hold the three credit cards.

I leveraged this point and had a fight with them. Finally she asked me close Visa. To her surprise I told to cancel the Dual Variant 😉 (I thought, she may not close the dual variant as she had taken an exception for me and closing the same will backfire her) She tried to convince me telling that you hold Amazon Pay card in the visa variant so close this, also lured me with the extra reward points on Amex Variant. I made my mind to close the dual variant. She raised a SR for Closure on my Amex Variant.

Now it seems only Amex is closed and MC still active 😂

Also got to know that Amex Variant of Sapphiro is devalued w.e.f 25th September now rewards points posted will be same on all the three variants.

IMG_20230927_171855.jpg

holding VISA and MC will help for BMS offers.
Are you sure about this, cause i received no such mail and i do hold the dual variant but mine got delivered only this month and the customer care person told me that amex has 50% more rewards just a few days back