• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Sapphiro Dual Card (Mastercard & Amex)

yashtag

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I got a ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card on November 2022 and it was on the Mastercard network.

After reading a few posts on our forum about the dual card for Sapphiro, I reached out to Customer Service through their website contact form for Level 1 complaints requesting for the same. Initially there was no reply other than silence for almost a week.

Escalated it to Level 2 and got a reply the next day saying the request will be addressed by concerned team within 3 working days. Yesterday, I received an email saying that I am being upgraded to the dual card variant and saw the two cards listed on iMobilePay and Net Banking. It was shipped through Bluedart and expecting it to be delivered tomorrow.

If anyone is looking to switch from Visa to Mastercard or to get the dual card, give this a try. Reach out to their Customer Service team through email since phone is literally useless.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 231312.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 231312.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 507

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not sure why People tend to go for Sapphiro Dual.... it isn't any better than Visa

Better go with Sapphiro VISA + Rubyx Dual combo ( this is what I am planning to get, have Sapphiro Dual as of now)

Use Rubyx Amex for all card transactions (if you want their useless reward points), if that fails use Sapphiro Visa

Amex is not eligible for any Merchant EMI discounts either (have tried personally), so that's another bad thing.

And with Rubyx Dual, you will get 4 railway lounge access per quarter too (2 per card)

So, the combo is win win for all scenarios

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Not sure why People tend to go for Sapphiro Dual.... it isn't any better than Visa

Better go with Sapphiro VISA + Rubyx Dual combo ( this is what I am planning to get, have Sapphiro Dual as of now)

Use Rubyx Amex for all card transactions (if you want their useless reward points), if that fails use Sapphiro Visa

Amex is not eligible for any Merchant EMI discounts either (have tried personally), so that's another bad thing.

And with Rubyx Dual, you will get 4 railway lounge access per quarter too (2 per card)

So, the combo is win win for all scenarios
How you planning to get Rubyx Dual ?

Watching

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How you planning to get Rubyx Dual ?

Watching
Sal is 1L+, so that should be easy for me (I guess)

Sapphiro was quite tough... had to break my BM's head for more than 2 months (and showed NRV of 25L for some time)

So Acc got upgraded to Wealth Management (full) and got Sapphiro LTF too

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Sal is 1L+, so that should be easy for me (I guess)

Sapphiro was quite tough... had to break my BM's head for more than 2 months (and showed NRV of 25L for some time)

So Acc got upgraded to Wealth Management (full) and got Sapphiro LTF too
That's a cakewalk for me as well. But I don't want an extra cibil hit.

You planning to apply via website?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nope. I am not gonna apply, unnecessary cibil hit.

Let me know when you proceed.
you are saying "unnecessary cibil hit" as if it is going to increase your tax slab to 50% and is going to double your loan interest :ROFLMAO:

Cibil hit does not affect much... ICICI creates a single entry for all core cards and so, there won't be a new Credit Card entry either.

Rest is upto you

pprakash11

TF Prestige
you are saying "unnecessary cibil hit" as if it is going to increase your tax slab to 50% and is going to double your loan interest :ROFLMAO:

Cibil hit does not affect much... ICICI creates a single entry for all core cards and so, there won't be a new Credit Card entry either.

Rest is upto you
Everyone has some picky points to cry 🤣

For me it's CIBIL hit!

Although it doesn't matters much as you told, but it hurts 🤣

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Everyone has some picky points to cry 🤣

For me it's CIBIL hit!

Although it doesn't matters much as you told, but it hurts 🤣
Even I try to keep it minimal

till now, it was once in 2/3 months (this month, HDFC for Neu Infinity card)
This would reduce the score, much more than ICICI as HDFC will hit twice and will also create a new Credit Card entry (this is what actually hits your score for longer period)

Whereas, Rubyx application would hit only once and no new Credit card entry and so, maybe I would try for Rubyx next month (or in November) :p

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Even I try to keep it minimal

till now, it was once in 2/3 months (this month, HDFC for Neu Infinity card)
This would reduce the score, much more than ICICI as HDFC will hit twice and will also create a new Credit Card entry (this is what actually hits your score for longer period)

Whereas, Rubyx application would hit only once and no new Credit card entry and so, maybe I would try for Rubyx next month (or in November) :p
I am a sufferer from HDFC 6 CIBIL Hits. I can understand 😊

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
After seeing these comments I'm very positive to change my variant.
But at the same time 1-2 cases of negative scenarios are stopping me to request.

Let's see how it goes since one person has started his conversion today
The thing is, if your discussion is on mail, they will wait for you to reply and once you confirm, there is no going back as they have written proof

On call, you can manipulate easily which is why it worked for some

BlueFlash

TF Premier
They won't close. Guys go ahead. Darr ke age jeet hai 🤣
They closed my Visa variant, after issuing the MC+Amex variant for Sapphiro :(
As per their policies, it's not allowed to hold all 3 variants, since it messes up with their reward system; Although I doubt this... Anyways, while initiating the dual variant, they had clearly mentioned that the visa one will get closed in both mail as well as over call; and they kept re-iterating the same during the process and finally on receiving it, they proceeded to close it as per their commitment. I thought avoiding the call will work, but it didn't. I guess too many people might have used this loophole, to make them aware of it and now they are tracking down and closing the older variant :(

Just thought of sharing it to folks so that people do note while asking for variant change.