• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Upgrade To KOTAK White LTF

Let's See I am waiting for PreApproved
I got a call from kotak local branch regarding white card. he said i am pre-approved for this LTF card. So, i asked the limit and on what basis i am pre-approved for this (I have a kotak 811 zero balance account from 1 year with around 2k balance) then he said limit is not shown but you are pre-approved. I said i will apply if you take the guarantee that it won't reject and he denied. In my opinion kotak pre-approved offers are just gimmic they are more like pre-qualified offers.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got a call from kotak local branch regarding white card. he said i am pre-approved for this LTF card. So, i asked the limit and on what basis i am pre-approved for this (I have a kotak 811 zero balance account from 1 year with around 2k balance) then he said limit is not shown but you are pre-approved. I said i will apply if you take the guarantee that it won't reject and he denied. In my opinion kotak pre-approved offers are just gimmic they are more like pre-qualified offers.
That's true.

I was too given league as LTF. One day I found that it's was only FYF.
So , Got it upgraded to FYF pvr platinum in 3 month.
Then after 2 month to mojo platinum FYF
Then in 3 month to zen signature FYF with limit enhancement.

That's a total of 3 upgrades and 1 LE in 8 months. I think , the next step will be White FYF !

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That's true.

That's a total of 3 upgrades and 1 LE in 8 months. I think , the next step will be White FYF !
What was your limit before and after LE? Also, what was your NRV with Kotak and for how long did you maintain it before receiving a pre-approved offer for League CC?

Thank you @Rahul92

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What was your limit before and after LE? Also, what was your NRV with Kotak and for how long did you maintain it before receiving a pre-approved offer for League CC?

Thank you @Rahul92
NRV= ~Rs.1000 . I've kotak 811 account.
Received offer within 1 month
Initial limit was 28k. Now it's 84 K

Last edited:

vip3rc5

TF Premier
In my case my pre approved offer was sent to me as a notification and email (I was holding 811 account then, later converted it to EDGE). I simply applied it, filled the OTP and 2 days later my card was at home. I was also shown my limit of that card which was 80K and has been increased to 3.92 Lakh now. There was never any sort of CIBIL enquiry. Got the card in Oct 2021, and I guess one more limit increase it upcoming for me at least

In my case my pre approved offer was sent to me as a notification and email (I was holding 811 account then, later converted it to EDGE). I simply applied it, filled the OTP and 2 days later my card was at home. I was also shown my limit of that card which was 80K and has been increased to 3.92 Lakh now. There was never any sort of CIBIL enquiry. Got the card in Oct 2021, and I guess one more limit increase it upcoming for me at least
which card?

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That's true.

Why didn't you just asked them to convert the card to LTF instead of taking more fyf cards??

0xfallup

TF Ace
That's true.

hey @Rahul92 what the update now, i also recd pvr platinum thinking of following your steps for white LTF...every single time u upgraded via retention team right ?

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My Zen signature was only FYF so i mailed them to close it before renewal.

Retention team made it LTF 😇

Also received limit enhancement to 2.52 Lakhs.

I'm getting option to upgrade to Kotak white paid. ( Not even FYF )

So I'll not upgrade for now. I feel Zen signature is better than white signature

I have league platinum 2L limit currently - opened during league LTF offer - after reading this thread guess I need to confirm mine is really LTF or not.
Also what do you guys suggest - should I open an account and have some balance - just to get card upgraded to Zen/white LTF?

0xfallup

TF Ace
My Zen signature was only FYF so i mailed them to close it before renewal.

Retention team made it LTF 😇

Also received limit enhancement to 2.52 Lakhs.

I'm getting option to upgrade to Kotak white paid. ( Not even FYF )

So I'll not upgrade for now. I feel Zen signature is better than white signature
Me also will follow this trick now …thanks🙂

suhasa010

TF Premier
That's true.

Nice progression in just 8 months!
I'm in the 2nd step now 😂
Was using Urbane cc since 2017, last week got Mojo LTF from retention team.
I'll see if I get an upgrade to Zen and then White.

I've seen that Kotak upgrades from Visa Gold > Platinum > Signature > White (still Signature). Doesn't skip a variant. So it's always one level above. When I asked for Zen Signature when the retention team offered Mojo, they said it's not possible. Since Zen is two levels above Urbane (Visa Gold).

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have league platinum 2L limit currently - opened during league LTF offer - after reading this thread guess I need to confirm mine is really LTF or not.
Also what do you guys suggest - should I open an account and have some balance - just to get card upgraded to Zen/white LTF?
Go for privy league if you're opening account. Service and response times are very different (leagues apart :D) for Privy League and Non Privy League. Besides, free unlimited home banking, ATM cash withdrawl (from any bank ATM), LTF CC and 7% on auto sweep etc.

Called CC - and was told I can't open 811 account - have to open Edge/Pro savings/Ace account which has some MAB criteria's. 811 can only be opened by NTB customers.
Go for privy league if you're opening account. Service and response times are very different (leagues apart :D) for Privy League and Non Privy League. Besides, free unlimited home banking, ATM cash withdrawl (from any bank ATM), LTF CC and 7% on auto sweep etc.
What's the IP required for Privy league? What's the MAB required there?