• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Upgrade To KOTAK White LTF

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Upgrade procedure and MAB?
Upgrade procedure was very complicated. I talked to a few branches in Goa (I was on vacation) and they all said 811 can’t be upgraded. They wanted me to close it and wait a few months. Then in Delhi, they also said to close and open another account. However, customer service claimed it could be upgraded. When I went there, they were just closing at 4pm. The manager and the staff spent about 1 hour discussing various means and they called a few people to seek advice as well. Finally, they decided to open an account for my wife (who was with me) as a new Privy League account and they made me a joint account holder. Then they clubbed my 811 in the same family and submitted a request to upgrade it. They said we could close the other joint account afterwards if we so desired. They instantly offered a LTF Zen Signature to my wife but she declined it as she doesn’t like holding too many cards unlike me. Overall fairly good service. They spent over an hour after closing to work things out and offered coffee and even some pastries! I only gave a cheque for 10 lakhs as initial funding. I am hoping they can reduce the Activmoney threshold to 25k or 50k and then I can leave 10 lakhs there. Otherwise, I will have to think about an FD or buy some stocks via Kotak. There is a lot of doubt about MAB as the assistant manager gave me a document that showed no MAB fees for Platinum after a 5 lakh minimum funding but the manager claimed it was not applicable and that the document was incorrect. I personally think that the document is correct and no MAB charges would be levied but the account would get downgraded if the NRV is not met for a while.

pratyushpanda

TF Premier
Upgrade procedure was very complicated. I talked to a few branches in Goa (I was on vacation) and they all said 811 can’t be upgraded. They wanted me to close it and wait a few months. Then in Delhi, they also said to close and open another account. However, customer service claimed it could be upgraded. When I went there, they were just closing at 4pm. The manager and the staff spent about 1 hour discussing various means and they called a few people to seek advice as well. Finally, they decided to open an account for my wife (who was with me) as a new Privy League account and they made me a joint account holder. Then they clubbed my 811 in the same family and submitted a request to upgrade it. They said we could close the other joint account afterwards if we so desired. They instantly offered a LTF Zen Signature to my wife but she declined it as she doesn’t like holding too many cards unlike me. Overall fairly good service. They spent over an hour after closing to work things out and offered coffee and even some pastries! I only gave a cheque for 10 lakhs as initial funding. I am hoping they can reduce the Activmoney threshold to 25k or 50k and then I can leave 10 lakhs there. Otherwise, I will have to think about an FD or buy some stocks via Kotak. There is a lot of doubt about MAB as the assistant manager gave me a document that showed no MAB fees for Platinum after a 5 lakh minimum funding but the manager claimed it was not applicable and that the document was incorrect. I personally think that the document is correct and no MAB charges would be levied but the account would get downgraded if the NRV is not met for a while.
Itna lamba process, like even i am holding 811 and wanted to open everyday account , they are saying close it then open new,so if having one account then opening new or upgrading 811 is too much hustle. And yeah thanks for taking out time and sharing your experience briefly 🙂

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Itna lamba process, like even i am holding 811 and wanted to open everyday account , they are saying close it then open new,so if having one account then opening new or upgrading 811 is too much hustle. And yeah thanks for taking out time and sharing your experience briefly 🙂
Yes, I don't know why they have made it so complicated.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Directly open it as second account without closing 811

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That will be incorrect info.
I hold multiple accounts in many banks with same CRN.
Kotak allows as well as confirmed with Customer Support twice.
What customer service says and what their staff at banks say is at variance. Customer care told me the same but people at the branch claimed it wasn’t possible. CC even told me to have the branch call them but the branch people discussed it and tried various methods and said the system doesn’t allow it if full KYC has been completed. So even though you are correct in theory, it is hard to actually do it.

hs23new

TF Premier
Value of 1 zen point is 0.25 rupees , u get 10 zen points for all online spends , which is 2.5 rs for every 150 rupees.

Which is 1.67 % , which is far better than any Kotak cards.

Still not sure about White RP structure , but i am happy with this , if you are getting this for LTF , pls don't miss it.

Again i am repeating , this is my point of view , we all have different way of spending , based on yours , pls do the calculation.

But for offline , i wont recommend this card , as you can use other cards.
Looks like the Zen is devalued now.