• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Today rbi sent their detailed response, where they asked about internal criteria.

It says transactions on various merchants, some of which I didn't even try.

MCC- 6540- wallet, MCC-
5947- Gift card, MCC - 5399 – General Merchandise, MCC-5699- Apparel & Accessory stores, MCC-4900- utility, MCC - 5411- Grocery & Departmental Stores.

They mentioned multiple successful transaction in last 2 months over 1.5L.

My actual spends were not even 50K, unless they are counting all the declined transactions also. Even if it was 1.5L over 2 months, that's pretty normal considering my income and credit limit.

As checked he was trying multiple transactions on same/ similar merchants within a short span of time which appeared risky. Hence, as per the internal risk parameters BFSL has declined the
transactions.

When the transactions were declined, I had spends on barely 25K and nothing on that day or even 2 days back.

And obviously RBI won't ask for statement or from me to verify if bank is lying 😭.
Question now is do we want to have a banking relationship with a lying xxx ?

AsB

TF Ace
Today rbi sent their detailed response, where they asked about internal criteria.

It says transactions on various merchants, some of which I didn't even try.

MCC- 6540- wallet, MCC-
5947- Gift card, MCC - 5399 – General Merchandise, MCC-5699- Apparel & Accessory stores, MCC-4900- utility, MCC - 5411- Grocery & Departmental Stores.

They mentioned multiple successful transaction in last 2 months over 1.5L.

My actual spends were not even 50K, unless they are counting all the declined transactions also. Even if it was 1.5L over 2 months, that's pretty normal considering my income and credit limit.

As checked he was trying multiple transactions on same/ similar merchants within a short span of time which appeared risky. Hence, as per the internal risk parameters BFSL has declined the
transactions.

When the transactions were declined, I had spends on barely 25K and nothing on that day or even 2 days back.

And obviously RBI won't ask for statement or from me to verify if bank is lying 😭.
If you have had multiple big transactions previously, a bank will flag your card as suspicious. So, even if you stopped making any transactions after that, even then, banks will consider your profile as risky.
Because there is always a possibility that you will default or are misusing the card. So, banks will force-stop the payments-like preventing is better than cure.

Even RBI wont do much, as the risk analysis and handling is with individual bank. The best you can do is file some RTI maybe (as done by Walter White)

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
If you have had multiple big transactions previously, a bank will flag your card as suspicious. So, even if you stopped making any transactions after that, even then, banks will consider your profile as risky.
Because there is always a possibility that you will default or are misusing the card. So, banks will force-stop the payments-like preventing is better than cure.

Even RBI wont do much, as the risk analysis and handling is with individual bank. The best you can do is file some RTI maybe (as done by Walter White)
In my opinion, 25K is too low amount to be considered risky specially when I have 3L+ limit.

Also, same bank never blocked my eterna card for even 1L+ expenses within 2-3 days.

AsB

TF Ace
In my opinion, 25K is too low amount to be considered risky specially when I have 3L+ limit.

Also, same bank never blocked my eterna card for even 1L+ expenses within 2-3 days.
Higher variant cards have a different scenario. If you got it, then banks know that the transactions will be heavy.
Credit limit does not matter. What matters is the usage pattern

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
How this compensation thing works? anyone having experience, could you share? TIA

Had an issue with SC and after 7 months of long exchanges (with multiple false promises), raised a complaint with RBI and after another 2 months it seems like now they fixed the issue with CIBIL. I don't want them to close the ticket simply (no contact so far, only email responses from them - so didn't really talked about this but mentioned in complaint about compensation) and want to get compensation from them for the trouble they caused me.

Any help?

@TechnoFino @VISHESH_BANSAL @Pradeepbansal
Have you received any E-Mail from RBI ?

In my Case with Axis, after Axis Submitted Response to RBI BO, I received an E-Mail Response in Which RBI mentioned Axis Response and RBI asked me if I am okay with Bank Response.

Axis Respented itself as an Innocent Child infront of RBI.

Axis stated that we are giving Cashback at regular intervals to eligible customers and It is my fault I raised the multiple complaints to claim the Cashback before it was given Automatically

But then I replied back to RBI over the Same E-Mail Trail and mentioned Proper Facts that How Axis is acting like an Innocent Child and Axis at fault .

Then RBI BO ordered the Axis to compensate 10k for Mental Harassment and Axis had no chocie and obliged the order of RBI BO.

You should represnt your case infront of RBI BO with Proper Facts which Proof that Bank is at fault.

I mentioned all the Complaint Numbers and other Relevant facts which I have raised in Past 3 years in reply to RBI's E-Mail.

It is obvious when RBI had asked Axis to give details of all these Complaint Numbers, Axis had no chance to defend itself and ultimately RBI BO ordered Axis to Compensate me.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
Ok, so the process of compensation will start when RBI sends the bank response to ours.
May be, this is my second RBI Complaint against Axis for Same issue.

For first RBI Complaint, I just received a Call from RBI BO office he aksed me If I received the Cashback, I said yes and instantly he dropped the call and My First RBI complaint was closed abruptly.
He just want my confirmation over the Call.

This time while raising Second Complaint with RBI BO I specially mentioned about first RBI Complaint and may be this time they are serious or the Excecutive who is handling my complaint is good enough and asked me the facts/Response from my side also rather than taking decision solely on the Basis of Response, Submitted by Bank.

Last edited:
May be, this is my second RBI Complaint against Axis for Same issue.

For first RBI Complaint, I just received a Call from RBI BO office he aksed me If I received the Cashback, I said yes and instantly he dropped the call and My First RBI complaint was closed abruptly.
He just want my confirmation over the Call.

This time while raising Second Complaint with RBI BO I specially mentioned about first RBI Complaint and may be this time they are serious or the Excecutive who is handling my complaint is good enough and asked me the facts/Response from my side also rather than taking decision solely on the Basis of Response, Submitted by Bank.
i recently made a complaint against axis bank and i am not able to track it from rbi website. how long it took for you to get response from RBI / Axis ?