• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I have an HDFC Infinia credit card and due date is 2nd Dec 2022. how to pay hdfc credit card bill through debit card and get 1% cashback. i did not see option to add hdfc credit card under bill pay under hdfc netbanking.
Use search feature and also explore various sections to know what contents are there in which sections...Threads are there on the projected issue..

Kindly go through this Thraed as of now for some insights..

Thread 'Any way we get rewards or cashback for HDFC credit card bill payments' https://www.technofino.in/community...ack-for-hdfc-credit-card-bill-payments.11610/

Trust Me

TF Ace
You can also call 14448 number and ask for the status of the complaint after registering it from the portal.

You can also mail crpc@rbi.org.in along with complaint number mentioned in subject for any queries regarding your complaint

RBI has removed the email address from the pdf now! Does it mean that they no longer accept queries sent to this address?

Trust Me

TF Ace
recieved mail from ombudsman, to whom I should try for compensation related to trouble, not sure about the chances but will try. Since I didn't get any response from SCB, I thought should request Ombudsman about this. to whom you requested when dealing compensation?

This email is in response to what? A complaint that you'd filed, or something else?

I had filed a complaint successfully against Union Bank exactly a week back. However, received no response yet from anybody! How long does it usually take for RBI to get back?

danish

TF Ace
i took paytm post paid closed the account in september 2022 , after two months still the loan account was active so tweeted them on twitter in december to close the loan account from all credit compaines , with in one month the loan account was closed from all credit compaines except experian . the loan account was active and they were also reporting monthly i closed my account on september 2022 but in may 2023 i saw the loan account was still active and monthly reporting on the account was continued on it till feb 2023 , i tweeted to ab finance but they remained silent so i filed a rbi complain on june and asked 6000 compensation for this issues , on july ab finance mailed me and told that the loan was active due to a techincal issue and now they have closed and then rbi closed my complain , what about the compensation ,

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
i took paytm post paid closed the account in september 2022 , after two months still the loan account was active so tweeted them on twitter in december to close the loan account from all credit compaines , with in one month the loan account was closed from all credit compaines except experian . the loan account was active and they were also reporting monthly i closed my account on september 2022 but in may 2023 i saw the loan account was still active and monthly reporting on the account was continued on it till feb 2023 , i tweeted to ab finance but they remained silent so i filed a rbi complain on june and asked 6000 compensation for this issues , on july ab finance mailed me and told that the loan was active due to a techincal issue and now they have closed and then rbi closed my complain , what about the compensation ,
Compensation RBI ke upar hota hai. 😂

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Could anyone let me know what is Fi money registered name in RBI ? i do not see Fi or epiFi Technologies in Bank name. Please help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 10.11.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 10.11.05 AM.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 14

Trust Me

TF Ace
there is no proper timeline. wait for some days and request for status update with ombudsman. I didn't reminded anyone and it took 2 months to get the response from bank and ombudsman together, so it can be n number of days depends on the bank because once bank responds then ombudsman informs us otherwise we have to remind them and they'll check with bank.

Quoting from the RBI integrated ombudsman scheme, 2021:

The Regulated Entity shall, on receipt of the complaint, file its written version in
reply to the averments in the complaint enclosing therewith copies of the documents
relied upon, within 15 days before the Ombudsman for resolution.
Provided that the Ombudsman may, at the request of the Regulated Entity in
writing to the satisfaction of the Ombudsman, grant such further time as may be
deemed fit to file its written version and documents.

So there indeed is a defined timeline (within 15 days) for the bank's response (although it is made sufficiently vague in the second half of the quoted paragraph).

My issue (detailed here): Union Bank never closed my secured CC even in 7 years after my original written application for closure in April, 2016. When I wrote to them in June, 2023 after finding out about it, they just closed the CC then, -- more than 7 years after my original written application. This was unacceptable to me because firstly, it did not honour my original request, and secondly, it gives legitimacy to years of fake reports from Union Bank to the credit bureaus showing delayed payments for a card supposed to be not in use! RBI guidelines mandated an "immediate" closure at the time of my original request, and prescribes a penalty of Rs, 500/day for each day of delay now.

Anyway, Union Bank responded to me one month after I'd filed a complaint with the RBI ombudsman, but never addressed my complaint, repeating exactly the same stand as 11 weeks back (which was unacceptable to me as explained above, and formed the basis of my complaint to RBI in the first place)!

Surprisingly, I've received no response RBI ombudsman so far (even one week after the bank's response)! The complaint status still does not show anything beyond that my complaint was sent to the Bank.

So I'm rather perplexed, -- is it expected that I respond to the bank's email rather than waiting for a response from RBI?!

I'd much appreciate any help from the experts in this forum regarding my future steps. Thanks.

invisiblespace

TF Select
If you want to file a complaint against any bank, follow those steps.
Remember one thing, file a complaint with your bank first, then wait 30 days for resolution. If your bank doesn't solve your problem within 30 days, you can move to the RBI banking ombudsman. If you don't get any satisfactory resolution from your bank, you can also move to the RBI banking ombudsman before completing 30 days.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal:-

Visit RBI Banking Ombudsman Portal- https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/Complaints.aspx
Click on "Click here to file a complaint against any Regulated Entity (banks, NBFCs, System Participants)"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 2.12.38 PM.png
On the next page, click on "File a Complaint"
On the next page, enter captcha and click on "Next"
Now, you have to enter your name and mobile number & click on "Get OTP"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.22.47 PM.png

Enter OTP and click on Validate.
On the next page, enter your details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.24.53 PM.png

And enter bank details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.25.40 PM.png

Now, on the next page enter details of the complaint you've filed with your bank, upload PDF copy of the email communication.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.13 PM.png

Now, enter your complaint details, describe your problem in details
If you wants to claim any compensation (You can ask for maximum 1L as compensation), enter that on this page

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.54 PM.png

Then click on "Review and Submit "
On the next page, very all the details and click on "Submit"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.51.10 PM.png

Done! you'll see successful message along with your complaint number. You can use the number to track your complaint status.
You'll also reserve a SMS after successful submission.

sms conf rbi.jpeg

If you want to track your complaint status, visit this page - https://cms.rbi.org.in/rbi/vividflow/run/trackapplicationcomplain?language=Auto
I have received email from RBI OMBUDSMAN (SBI reply for my complaint) so i have replied to same email along with credit report

Is it ok ? or any way to reply from portal ? Experts opinion needed (first complaint with ombudsman)

Raman

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
hey guys, I am trying to file a complaint against Axis for not giving me renewal benefits for Magnus which was renewed on the 22nd of August however, I am not able to see Axis Bank option under the entity name. I only two options I see named Axis don't look like a bank and Google search says the same. Any suggestions what I should choose?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 0008002.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 0008002.png
    53 KB · Views: 19

Trust Me

TF Ace
You can also mail crpc@rbi.org.in along with complaint number mentioned in subject for any queries regarding your complaint

Any way to communicate via email with the RBI Ombudsman in order to keep them updated regarding my correspondence with the bank since my complaint to the Ombudsman (raised > 2 months back, but no response from RBI yet)?

Writing to crpc@rbi.org.in like above doesn't work, -- they consider it as a new complaint (inspite of the original complaint number in the subject line), and immediately close it! Thanks.

@Pradeepbansal, @TechnoFino

leonneel

TF Premier
Hi, can anybody suggest me what to do?
About 25 days ago I tried to load SBI digital rupee from my idfc rupay cc via UPI but txn failed. After few days of txn failed I called SBI customer care and when registering complaint he asked acct number last 4 digit from where the money got deducted but when he got to know is was from a credit card he stared talking to me rudely and told me to contact the credit card customer care.

Now,When I contacted idfc cc about this after few days customer care replied merchant (SBI digital rupee) claimed the fund and asking me proof that merchant issued refund.
Registered grievance in consumer forum and idfc bank replied there the same thing they replied to me and closed the grievance.

I finally registered a chargeback.
What if they deny the chargeback what are my options?
Can I file a case in rbi Ombudsman portal? And against who idfc or SBI?

SpidySpider

TF Select
In your case, only 1 thing can happen from ombudsman point of view. Ombudsman will ask bank to downgrade the card again and reverse the fees. Thats it. They will not go further into the matters like whether u shud get LTF or not. When the bank has done a mistake by wrongly upgrading your card, ombudsman will try to reverse that mistake. If u have incurred any real monetary loss, you can ask for compensation towards it. I do not think your case to go beyond that.

This is my personal opinion and experience but i am not an ombudsman and can never know for sure what exactly will happen and how it will work out.
In my case I was promised by Assistant Branch Manager that I would be given RBL Sig+ DC without any charges & No AMB Account if I applied for signature banking, they took opening cheque and documents, till next 10 days there was no response or mail from them, I called an account opening officer of there(whom I had inquired about the DC before,nothing about signature banking) he told me there is no way I can get the DC free or AMB 0 without TRV, so I told him to proceed with normal savings account (AMB 10k) and apply for Sig+ since I needed the card. Also on the same day I filed a complaint with their customer care mentioning the details of the matter, then escalated to regional manager, she told fees can only be reversed of i closed card and not used the 5k welcome benefit voucher, and If I applied again, another 5.9k would be charged, hence no benefit for me in that. Then I escalated it to RBI, RBI din't reply for 20 days then mail came from GRO RBL, mentioning same thing as regional head, then after some days RBI mail came, I forwarded the same mail of my issue to them, and RBI closed my complaint saying I had signed on the account opening form which stated AMB and that bank can only refund card fees if they cancel card and the welcome benefit remains unutilised.

Do you think I can open the complaint again with RBI or in any case I can get even the compensation for misinformation provided by the AM? Or if anyone has relevant RBI guidelines relating to this, it would be great, thanks.

leonneel

TF Premier
Hi, can anybody suggest me what to do?
About 25 days ago I tried to load SBI digital rupee from my idfc rupay cc via UPI but txn failed. After few days of txn failed I called SBI customer care and when registering complaint he asked acct number last 4 digit from where the money got deducted but when he got to know is was from a credit card he stared talking to me rudely and told me to contact the credit card customer care.

Now,When I contacted idfc cc about this after few days customer care replied merchant (SBI digital rupee) claimed the fund and asking me proof that merchant issued refund.
Registered grievance in consumer forum and idfc bank replied there the same thing they replied to me and closed the grievance.

I finally registered a chargeback.
What if they deny the chargeback what are my options?
Can I file a case in rbi Ombudsman portal? And against who idfc or SBI?
Chargeback will get ur money back. Hame happened to me ..at last chargeback was settled and got my money.

If you want to file a complaint against any bank, follow those steps.
Remember one thing, file a complaint with your bank first, then wait 30 days for resolution. If your bank doesn't solve your problem within 30 days, you can move to the RBI banking ombudsman. If you don't get any satisfactory resolution from your bank, you can also move to the RBI banking ombudsman before completing 30 days.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal:-

Visit RBI Banking Ombudsman Portal- https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/Complaints.aspx
Click on "Click here to file a complaint against any Regulated Entity (banks, NBFCs, System Participants)"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 2.12.38 PM.png
On the next page, click on "File a Complaint"
On the next page, enter captcha and click on "Next"
Now, you have to enter your name and mobile number & click on "Get OTP"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.22.47 PM.png

Enter OTP and click on Validate.
On the next page, enter your details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.24.53 PM.png

And enter bank details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.25.40 PM.png

Now, on the next page enter details of the complaint you've filed with your bank, upload PDF copy of the email communication.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.13 PM.png

Now, enter your complaint details, describe your problem in details
If you wants to claim any compensation (You can ask for maximum 1L as compensation), enter that on this page

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.54 PM.png

Then click on "Review and Submit "
On the next page, very all the details and click on "Submit"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.51.10 PM.png

Done! you'll see successful message along with your complaint number. You can use the number to track your complaint status.
You'll also reserve a SMS after successful submission.

sms conf rbi.jpeg

If you want to track your complaint status, visit this page - https://cms.rbi.org.in/rbi/vividflow/run/trackapplicationcomplain?language=Auto
I am having a refund issue, i have paid for grocery order on zepto using freecharge wallet, in the freecharge wallet used wallet balance and card, payment gateway is razorpay, and card was sbm bank bharatpe xtraincome card. So here zepto,freecharge,razorpay,sbm bank,bharatpe these all are involved. I have not got refund, on whom i have to complain on rbi site? Am to whom i have to send refund complaint, zepto telling contact freecharge, freecharge tells payment successful so contact zepto.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
I am having a refund issue, i have paid for grocery order on zepto using freecharge wallet, in the freecharge wallet used wallet balance and card, payment gateway is razorpay, and card was sbm bank bharatpe xtraincome card. So here zepto,freecharge,razorpay,sbm bank,bharatpe these all are involved. I have not got refund, on whom i have to complain on rbi site? Am to whom i have to send refund complaint, zepto telling contact freecharge, freecharge tells payment successful so contact zepto.
Contact zepto to share Refund Reference number/ARN number and share this refrence number with Freecharge