• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Small Finance Bank Negative Balance Issue | RBI Banking Ombudsman Superpower

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
im not sure why you still belive like that, i could not solve ur misunderstanding

In first sentence you mentioned about RBI Guidelines and in the end asking
" Can Bank go against it by deducting non maintenance charges

Thus as per my understanding
"You are Indirectly Blaming Bank that who allowed them to deduct , can Bank deduct as per RBI Guidelines

Last edited:

yobro

TF Select
Hello TFC Members,
Today i want to share a banking kissa with you guys.
I have a royal savings account with AU Small Finance Bank, but I failed to maintain the minimum balance requirement of 1 lakh rupees after February 2022. As a result, the bank deducted around 900 rupees from my account as a non-maintenance fee, and my account balance became zero. Despite this, the bank continued to charge me non-maintenance fees, leaving me with a negative balance of 8400 rupees.

I brought this issue to the attention of AU Small Finance Bank and cited the RBI guidelines, which state that a bank cannot impose non-maintenance fees on a customer whose account balance is zero.

Screenshot_20230317_133127_Gmail.jpg However, the bank refused to comply with my request and even asked me to pay the negative balance before closing my account.

20230316_192326.jpg

Frustrated by this, I decided to file a complaint with the RBI banking ombudsman. Surprisingly, I received an email from AU Bank the following day (attached screenshot), indicating that they are willing to close my account without any deposit.

Screenshot_20230317_123040_Gmail.jpg
I am impressed by the swift action taken by the RBI banking ombudsman, and I now have a 15-day window for AU Small Finance Bank to resolve this issue.
Screenshot_20230317_132922_Gmail.jpg Hopefully, this experience will serve as a lesson for the bank to comply with the RBI guidelines and treat their customers fairly.

If you want to know about "How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal" visit this link - https://www.technofino.in/community...ank-on-the-rbi-banking-ombudsman-portal.3130/

Here is the RBI guidelines regarding non maintenance penalty screenshot [link- https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=9343&Mode=0 ]

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 8.49.27 PM.png
If I don't incurr any financial loss but bank is giving poor service can I file complaint against Same in ombudsman?
BOB is not delivering my debit card for around 1 month now.

Vksss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
why dont u aksed for compensation?
same case is with me with standard chartered bank and they are just delaying and not agreeing citing RBI policy.. every month a amount of 840 is added into my negative balance