• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
One of my complaint got closed saying facilitation. But bank didn't do anything.

Issue was that they were not issuing debit card since almost 9 months.

On complaint, they asked me to come to branch to collect debit card. But I asked to send via post. They didn't agree and closed the complaint saying I agreed to come to branch later.

How do I raise it? On appeal, it says complaint must be closed with some appealable clause. But as they mentioned facilitation, I am unable to appeal it.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
One of my complaint got closed saying facilitation. But bank didn't do anything.

Issue was that they were not issuing debit card since almost 9 months.

On complaint, they asked me to come to branch to collect debit card. But I asked to send via post. They didn't agree and closed the complaint saying I agreed to come to branch later.

How do I raise it? On appeal, it says complaint must be closed with some appealable clause. But as they mentioned facilitation, I am unable to appeal it.
send an email to the pno asking them for the procedure to close the account. also mention the reason for closing the account as deficiency in services. last bit attempt.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
send an email to the pno asking them for the procedure to close the account. also mention the reason for closing the account as deficiency in services. last bit attempt.
Any email id for Indian bank?

Edit: I can see another card in my account now. So they seem to have linked it. Just that physical card is not sent. It is asking for expiry date to activate the card.

@Abhishek012 Any idea what would be expiry date, if card is issued this month? Also, first 4 digits are 8173. Is it Rupay Platinum debit card?

Edit2: I activated it by hit and trial in indoasis app. But still unable to see card details. It says request timed out. Please try later.

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Any email id for Indian bank?

Edit: I can see another card in my account now. So they seem to have linked it. Just that physical card is not sent. It is asking for expiry date to activate the card.

@Abhishek012 Any idea what would be expiry date, if card is issued this month? Also, first 4 digits are 8173. Is it Rupay Platinum debit card?

Edit2: I activated it by hit and trial in indoasis app. But still unable to see card details. It says request timed out. Please try later.
Finally got the card details and used it on 100 off on 500 Amazon offer yesterday for first time ever.

Anon1

TF Premier
Can we attach email conversation to the complaint after complaint was submitted?

I forgot to attach the another email conversation.

shipclues100

TF Buzz
It's been 50 days since I raised complaint from RBI portal for SBI cards Mis-selling with solid evidence. Status still shows In-progress. No one from SBI cards reached out to me either . How many days it will take for complaint closure? Any idea anyone?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Applied for Federal credit card online and got rejected by their automated system. Customer care was not specifying rejection reason clearly.

Raised to ombudsman. Then they told it is rejected as income is less and lot of enquiries. My income is well above that required for the card and had 8 enquiries in last 6 months (4 enquiries for axis and 1 from ICICI are in process to get removed). Does this seem a valid reason?

Ombudsman closed the complaint under non-appealable clause saying valid rejection reason is provided. @TechnoFino can I do anything more here?

PANK

TF Premier
For cashback related issues for ICICI apay card
I cam complaint to RBI or not
As they claw back my September month cashback for insurance premium payment

Attachments

• IMG-20230211-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20230211-WA0013.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 29

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If refund of failed debit card transaction is not done within 1 month, can we raise it with ombudsman with compensation? I read TAT is T+5 days.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes.. Why not?
The RBI TAT says it is valid if merchant does not settle the funds. It looks like merchant settled for a failed transaction in my case. So I am not sure if the TAT of T+5 days is right. However, I plan to raise it with PNO and then with RBI for compensation.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Bob was declining almost all of my transactions - Payzapp, Amazon, Wohoo. And half the places that card was not working due to gateway issues.

Raised complaint to RBI Ombudsman. Bob replied saying transactions are blocked due to internal criteria. And ombudsman closed under non appealable clause. No idea what is the usefulness of ombudsman, if they can't even address such issues.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bob was declining almost all of my transactions - Payzapp, Amazon, Wohoo. And half the places that card was not working due to gateway issues.

Raised complaint to RBI Ombudsman. Bob replied saying transactions are blocked due to internal criteria. And ombudsman closed under non appealable clause. No idea what is the usefulness of ombudsman, if they can't even address such issues.
I think many of us raised that issue with ombudsman and now they unblocked for those MCC. The internal criteria is high reward points and possible abuse due to money rotation. They could solve it by giving zero rewards for wallet loads. Eventually they will do it.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

BoB Financial is under the ambit of RTI. File RTI seeking what exactly does internal criteria mean and what all transactions are accepted and blocked as per the bank's internal criteria.

Internal criteria is such a vague term and every bank tries to hide the things a customer needs to know under the disguise of internal criteria.

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
BoB Financial is under the ambit of RTI. File an RTI seeking what exactly does internal criteria mean and what all transactions are accepted and blocked as per the bank's internal criteria.

Internal criteria is such a vague term and every bank tries to hide the things a customer needs to know under the disguise of internal criteria.
Don't know how to file RTI. Is it free and possible to file online? Don't want to spend money and time for this.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Created a thread regarding the process to file RTI. Hope this helps!

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
BoB Financial is under the ambit of RTI. File RTI seeking what exactly does internal criteria mean and what all transactions are accepted and blocked as per the bank's internal criteria.

Today rbi sent their detailed response, where they asked about internal criteria.

It says transactions on various merchants, some of which I didn't even try.

MCC- 6540- wallet, MCC-
5947- Gift card, MCC - 5399 – General Merchandise, MCC-5699- Apparel & Accessory stores, MCC-4900- utility, MCC - 5411- Grocery & Departmental Stores.

They mentioned multiple successful transaction in last 2 months over 1.5L.

My actual spends were not even 50K, unless they are counting all the declined transactions also. Even if it was 1.5L over 2 months, that's pretty normal considering my income and credit limit.

As checked he was trying multiple transactions on same/ similar merchants within a short span of time which appeared risky. Hence, as per the internal risk parameters BFSL has declined the
transactions.

When the transactions were declined, I had spends on barely 25K and nothing on that day or even 2 days back.

And obviously RBI won't ask for statement or from me to verify if bank is lying 😭.