• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal

It been 3 months in row I haven't got my cashback for Amazon ICICI card in my Amazon account every time when I reach ICICI support team they say there is technical issue will be credited next statment now it more than 3 month for past 3 month i have not got cashback in Amazon account is it possible to register a compliant for this issue?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I think it worked. Today they called and offered me one date (16th). They told they have only 2 dates available currently - 1 and 16. 16th was fine for me, so i took it.

Filed one complaint against axis also for reward points. Let's see if they do anything 😅.
Worked with axis too. They finally acknowledged their mistake and agreed to credit 2000 points for feb-mar 2x offer in 4 working days.

Now filing one more complaint for reward points on emi cancelled transaction. Let's see if they bypass that or credit points for that. So far they are saying that reward points won't be given even if emi is cancelled immediately.

anonymuos

TF Ace
They deduct 10% tds. Are you sure if have taken care of that?
Yes I had filed 15G in time so it's not TDS. It is prematurely closed FD however despite stating no penalty for <180 days, they took penalty of 1% for less than 180 days. Home branch even admitted some error in their Finacle software system.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Worked with axis too. They finally acknowledged their mistake and agreed to credit 2000 points for feb-mar 2x offer in 4 working days.

Now filing one more complaint for reward points on emi cancelled transaction. Let's see if they bypass that or credit points for that. So far they are saying that reward points won't be given even if emi is cancelled immediately.
Got points for emi cancelled transaction. RBI Ombudsman is best😃. 3 issues resolved successfully.

Next complaint is for sbi referral benefit.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Got points for emi cancelled transaction. RBI Ombudsman is best😃. 3 issues resolved successfully.

Next complaint is for sbi referral benefit.
Technically there may be a group of people hired for this task/post at RBI right? He can't be just one person even though it says "RBI Ombudsman" because he would die with the volume of complaints he might be getting from all the banks combined.🤣

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Technically there may be a group of people hired for this task/post at RBI right? He can't be just one person even though it says "RBI Ombudsman" because he would die with the volume of complaints he might be getting from all the banks combined.🤣
Actually in none of the complaints, he needed to do anything. He just forwarded the complaints to bank and banks in their own agreed to resolve it (which they didn't when contacted directly). So it's just the power of RBI name😅.

BTW, in none of them, RBI asked me, if I am satisfied with resolution or not. I was fine in all of them, but in case anyone doesn't close in my favor, is there any subsequent step to raise it again to ombudsman?

Pradeepbansal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
first of all, RBI ombudsman is a person who sits at all the RBI offices all over INDIA in different states. These are deputed different for every state. They take the final decision before closure of every complaint by hearing both the sides of what they have to say regarding the complaint. these ombudsman hear to what the complainant has to say in his complaint. then what the bank has to say in his complaint and last but not the least at all, are there any RBI guidelines on the matter of the complaint and then take the decision.

Pradeepbansal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
although, these ombudsman do have staff working for resolution of these complaints. this staff works like in a normal office where they receive complaints and sort them bank wise and send them to the banks for their replies on individual complaints. after receiving replies, they put the case before the ombudsman for its decision on what has to be done. if the ombudsman thinks bank is wrong, they advise the bank to correct its mistake. if they think customer is wrong, they close the complaint.

Pradeepbansal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
if anyone wants to know more about this process or about how to make complaint or possible reasons to make a complaint, they can go to rbi ombudsman webpage and read about it. if you have specific query or want to know the exact status of your complaint, you may call 14448 tollfree number of RBI ombudsman call centre and ask your query or status of the complaint.

Pradeepbansal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In my Cibil report, all of sudden 4 months back closed card (had NOC and old cibil report which has closed date), re-opened and updating payment status '0' regularly.

Cibil dispute saying contact bank (default). I had no issues to rectify this once, but what should we do if it happens frequently and how can we check frequently if they/Cibil keep opening accounts themselves (on records it is closed but updating wrong info in Cibil).

Also, in same Cibil I saw that 2 years ago closed loan (Karur Vysya - amazonpay), all of sudden updating payment status as 'XXX' (2 years no updates in Cibil), same for closed SBI card (both are still closed in Cibil but updating payment status as either '0' or 'XXX').

Can we report these incidents to Ombudsman? and who is responsible for these?
both CIBIL and the bankcan be reaponsible. many a times, banks change the formats and the way they communicate their data with CIBIL and many a times CIBIL database also shows irregular entries. you may note that all these entries showing as open which were closed will not have any impact on your score. if the score is affected because of it, you can complaint against both the CIBIL and bank in RBI ombudsman.

the most authentic way to check your CIBIL is from CIBIL itself. if you can, then buy their subscription plan.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
How much time RBI is taking to resolve the issues? Did you demand any compensation? If yes, rewarded anything?
Rbi doesn't do anything. They just forward it immediately to bank. Banks take anywhere between 1-3 weeks.

I just enter anything between 1000-10000. But none gives compensation. They just resolve the main issue and close it. I don't get any option to reopen or tell if I am satisfied or not.