• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal

I am having a refund issue, i have paid for grocery order on zepto using freecharge wallet, in the freecharge wallet used wallet balance and card, payment gateway is razorpay, and card was sbm bank bharatpe xtraincome card. So here zepto,freecharge,razorpay,sbm bank,bharatpe these all are involved. I have not got refund, on whom i have to complain on rbi site? Am to whom i have to send refund complaint, zepto telling contact freecharge, freecharge tells payment successful so contact zepto.
@VISHESH_BANSAL please help

Orio

TF Select
Hi Experts, I've raised chargeback request with BOB and after 3 months they refunded amount in CC.
I've raised RBI OBS complaint, finally they have agreed for compensation but BOB is asking me RBI guideline for compensasation break up.
Need urgent help, struggling for last 4 months - now i need to provide policy.

Exact Query : "Request you to provide compensation breakup as per RBI guidelines so that we can take up the case with merchant bank"

Any one aware about dispute txn or chargeback refund related RBI guidelines policies for compensation.

yobro

TF Select
If you want to file a complaint against any bank, follow those steps.
Remember one thing, file a complaint with your bank first, then wait 30 days for resolution. If your bank doesn't solve your problem within 30 days, you can move to the RBI banking ombudsman. If you don't get any satisfactory resolution from your bank, you can also move to the RBI banking ombudsman before completing 30 days.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal:-

Visit RBI Banking Ombudsman Portal- https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/Complaints.aspx
Click on "Click here to file a complaint against any Regulated Entity (banks, NBFCs, System Participants)"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 2.12.38 PM.png
On the next page, click on "File a Complaint"
On the next page, enter captcha and click on "Next"
Now, you have to enter your name and mobile number & click on "Get OTP"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.22.47 PM.png

Enter OTP and click on Validate.
On the next page, enter your details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.24.53 PM.png

And enter bank details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.25.40 PM.png

Now, on the next page enter details of the complaint you've filed with your bank, upload PDF copy of the email communication.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.13 PM.png

Now, enter your complaint details, describe your problem in details
If you wants to claim any compensation (You can ask for maximum 1L as compensation), enter that on this page

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.54 PM.png

Then click on "Review and Submit "
On the next page, very all the details and click on "Submit"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.51.10 PM.png

Done! you'll see successful message along with your complaint number. You can use the number to track your complaint status.
You'll also reserve a SMS after successful submission.

sms conf rbi.jpeg

If you want to track your complaint status, visit this page - https://cms.rbi.org.in/rbi/vividflow/run/trackapplicationcomplain?language=Auto
If I don't incurr any financial loss but bank is providing bad service say they are not delivering my debit card for 1 month now.
Can I file complaint against that in ombudsman?

Hello TF Experts,

I've just received my SBI SimplyClick statement with finance charges + GST of 5.7k despite paying the entire due amount on or before due date. Called up CS and asked them for an explanation and their response is 2200 (part of the total due) is paid on the due date but it was settled on Due date+1 day, and refunds are not counted towards dues paid. Hence, the charges. I've politely requested for reversal of charges and SR is registered for it.

I'm perplexed. https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_ViewMasDirections.aspx?id=12300

9b(v) Card-issuers shall report a credit card account as 'past due' to credit information companies (CICs) or levy penal charges, viz. late payment charges and other related charges, if any, only when a credit card account remains 'past due' for more than three days.

10(e) Any credit amount arising out of refund/failed/reversed transactions or similar transactions before the due date of payment for which payment has not been made by the cardholder, shall be immediately adjusted against the ‘payment due’ and notified to the cardholder.

1. As per RBI master directive (9b. (v)) any penal charges to be not levied up to 3 days past due date.
2. (10.e) Refunds for which cardholder has not made the payment shall be adjusted towards TAD. (There was a refund of 2159)

Please help me understand if I'm at fault here.

TLDR;

Total due: 67,675.07/-
Paid: 67,739 /-
Refunds: 2159 + 2.00
Total paid including refunds: 69,900.10

Still hit with finance charges + GST of 5.7k

What are my options here? Experts please help @VISHESH_BANSAL

Many thanks.

Attachments

• SBI cc statement.pdf
    696.7 KB · Views: 4