• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC Pre Apporved Offer - CIBIL Hit or Not -- Decoded( I think)...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Note: There is a follow up thread to this thread i.e. URL Decoding. That next thread is here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDFC CC Pre Apporved Offer - CIBIL Hit or Not -- Decoded

I have seen in a number of threads that there is a confusion amongst us regarding whether there is going to be CIBIL hard enquiry or not while check HDFC Pre Approved offers online. In some cases there will be a hard enquiry and in some other cases there won't be while checking for Pre approved CC offers in NB or at other places....

I think I have figured it out when there will be and when there won't be:

Whatever link you click on (i.e. source link), you will come to this pre offered CC checking page first ... If your offer checking page looks like this: then there will be a HARD enquiry:
The key here is after entering mobile no & (PAN or DOB) , if the second step is 'Confirm Details" then there will be HARD enquiry...

1688321447630.png

Where as, if this offer checking page looks like below: ( 2nd step being 'Choose your card') then there won't be any cibil enquiry until the next step where you confirm your details.

Here any pre approved cc will dispaly at the second step itself, if you go to the next step and confirm details then there will be hard enquiry...

1688321639339.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a nutshell,

If the order is like this ( Confirm Details and Choose Card) then there will be a Hard Enquiry

1688321708286.png

If the order is like this ( Choose Your Card and Confirm Detials) then there will be NO Enquiry

1688321742800.png

If this was already discussed , please ignore this post...

Any opinions??

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think you're on the right track likely
I believe I am right... why because..

If in the second step if it is showing 'Select your Card' means a card is already pre approved but after getting other details( like income) it will check for cibil and then decide on approve/ reject and CL, at this time there will be an enquiry.. ( i.e. at 3 step).

Whereas if in the 2nd step it is asking for our details, means it is going to check CIBIL here itself and then offer us Card and Limit in the next step....

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hang on ... there is more to this story... We can get more info about our offers by decoding URL as well. This is pretty straight forward.. you can do it yourself ... Still I am going to share my views if you would want me to do, when time permits... Stay tuned ..

kgaurav00

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In
I have seen in a number of threads that there is a confusion amongst us regarding whether there is going to be CIBIL hard enquiry or not while check HDFC Pre Approved offers online. In some cases there will be a hard enquiry and in some other cases there won't be while checking for Pre approved CC offers in NB or at other places....

I think I have figured it out when there will be and when there won't be:

Whatever link you click on (i.e. source link), you will come to this pre offered CC checking page first ... If your offer checking page looks like this: then there will be a HARD enquiry:
The key here is after entering mobile no & (PAN or DOB) , if the second step is 'Confirm Details" then there will be HARD enquiry...

1688321447630.png

Where as, if this offer checking page looks like below: ( 2nd step being 'Choose your card') then there won't be any cibil enquiry until the next step where you confirm your details.

Here any pre approved cc will dispaly at the second step itself, if you go to the next step and confirm details then there will be hard enquiry...

1688321639339.png

In a nutshell,

If the order is like this ( Confirm Details and Choose Card) then there will be a Hard Enquiry

1688321708286.png

If the order is like this ( Choose Your Card and Confirm Detials) then there will be NO Enquiry

1688321742800.png

If this was already discussed , please ignore this post...

Any opinions??
In my case CIBIl hit done after entering Mobile number and pan details

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In

In my case CIBIl hit done after entering Mobile number and pan details
Okay, let's dig into deep ...from where you clicked to check this link and how your screen appears?? If you can provide all the details with screen shots, it may give some idea .As I said before url also gives some imp info

kgaurav00

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Okay, let's dig into deep ...from where you clicked to check this link and how your screen appears?? If you can provide all the details with screen shots, it may give some idea .As I said before url also gives some imp info
its last year incident & Screenshot no taken that time.

krish a

TF Buzz
Has anyone got the CIBIL enquiry for checking these preapproved cards removed?
Yes, I had 2 CIBIL hits in Feb and May for checking pre approved offers. I was able to get it removed.

Initially I emailed the CC support team, and they said I have applied for the card due to which they won't be able to remove it. I asked them for my application number for which they replied saying they will get back in 15 days. Post 15 days they asked for another 15 days to look into it. It was already past 35 days from the time I raised my initial request. I then emailed pno, got a response in a day or two, and within 7 days from there, both the CIBIL hard inquiry was removed.

Trust Me

TF Ace
For me it's always 'Identify yourself -->> Choose your card'.
Never got the 'Confirm your details' as the second step.
Screenshot_2023-07-03-17-56-30-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
It's a shame that banks are allowed to do such deceitful marketing in order to mislead people into applying.

Just think, how could it possibly be 'pre-approved' when they don't even know who you are?! Yet, the URL says 'pre-approved'! You don't even need to login in order to follow such links!

Other banks do it too, including ICICI (and even more shamelessly).

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's a shame that banks are allowed to do such deceitful marketing in order to mislead people into applying.

Just think, how could it possibly be 'pre-approved' when they don't even know who you are?! Yet, the URL says 'pre-approved'! You don't even need to login in order to follow such links!

Other banks do it too, including ICICI (and even more shamelessly).
If you have salary account with ICICI, it is indeed pre approved as the card selection is within netbanking after login. At least this is how it worked for me. Just go to cards and choose card and got the card instantly. No cibil hit.

But HDFC uses external link same as above. But again it just generated the card instantly. No CIBIL hit.

So I believe the pre approved offers worked earlier for both but not sure what changed now.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hang on ... there is more to this story... We can get more info about our offers by decoding URL as well. This is pretty straight forward.. you can do it yourself ... Still I am going to share my views if you would want me to do, when time permits... Stay tuned ..
As promised, I have discussed the HDFC CC Offers "URL Decoding" in the below thread... As my post became too BIG, I am posting it as a seperate thread for simple reading... ( For House keeping purposes)...

I hope you enjoy my post and express your views....

Last edited:

Trust Me

TF Ace
If you have salary account with ICICI, it is indeed pre approved as the card selection is within netbanking after login. At least this is how it worked for me. Just go to cards and choose card and got the card instantly. No cibil hit.

But HDFC uses external link same as above. But again it just generated the card instantly. No CIBIL hit.

So I believe the pre approved offers worked earlier for both but not sure what changed now.

For me it is just a variation on Case 4 of ssv's new thread: it says "etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer".

I don't know what 'pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer' even means! Whatever it is, it is definitely not "pre-approved"!

HDFC has no shame in misleading people. Same goes for ICICI too.

fageriaji

TF Premier
Hi, This is correct info.
I got pre approved offer in may 2023 and july 2023 and I just clicked on confirm details and then did not processed further and today when I was checking my Cibil Score it was showing 2 enquirers by hdfc bank and credit score got a dent of -15 points

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi, This is correct info.
I got pre approved offer in may 2023 and july 2023 and I just clicked on confirm details and then did not processed further and today when I was checking my Cibil Score it was showing 2 enquirers by hdfc bank and credit score got a dent of -15 points
Thanks for validating and confirming... this could help others as well...