• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC Pre Apporved Offer - CIBIL Hit or Not -- Decoded( I think)...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Note: There is a follow up thread to this thread i.e. URL Decoding. That next thread is here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDFC CC Pre Apporved Offer - CIBIL Hit or Not -- Decoded

I have seen in a number of threads that there is a confusion amongst us regarding whether there is going to be CIBIL hard enquiry or not while check HDFC Pre Approved offers online. In some cases there will be a hard enquiry and in some other cases there won't be while checking for Pre approved CC offers in NB or at other places....

I think I have figured it out when there will be and when there won't be:

Whatever link you click on (i.e. source link), you will come to this pre offered CC checking page first ... If your offer checking page looks like this: then there will be a HARD enquiry:
The key here is after entering mobile no & (PAN or DOB) , if the second step is 'Confirm Details" then there will be HARD enquiry...

1688321447630.png

Where as, if this offer checking page looks like below: ( 2nd step being 'Choose your card') then there won't be any cibil enquiry until the next step where you confirm your details.

Here any pre approved cc will dispaly at the second step itself, if you go to the next step and confirm details then there will be hard enquiry...

1688321639339.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a nutshell,

If the order is like this ( Confirm Details and Choose Card) then there will be a Hard Enquiry

1688321708286.png

If the order is like this ( Choose Your Card and Confirm Detials) then there will be NO Enquiry

1688321742800.png

If this was already discussed , please ignore this post...

Any opinions??

Last edited:

shann9999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes, I had 2 CIBIL hits in Feb and May for checking pre approved offers. I was able to get it removed.

Initially I emailed the CC support team, and they said I have applied for the card due to which they won't be able to remove it. I asked them for my application number for which they replied saying they will get back in 15 days. Post 15 days they asked for another 15 days to look into it. It was already past 35 days from the time I raised my initial request. I then emailed pno, got a response in a day or two, and within 7 days from there, both the CIBIL hard inquiry was removed.
What is PNO? can you share the email id?

realjayt

TF Premier
Note: There is a follow up thread to this thread i.e. URL Decoding. That next thread is here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDFC CC Pre Apporved Offer - CIBIL Hit or Not -- Decoded

I have seen in a number of threads that there is a confusion amongst us regarding whether there is going to be CIBIL hard enquiry or not while check HDFC Pre Approved offers online. In some cases there will be a hard enquiry and in some other cases there won't be while checking for Pre approved CC offers in NB or at other places....

I think I have figured it out when there will be and when there won't be:

Whatever link you click on (i.e. source link), you will come to this pre offered CC checking page first ... If your offer checking page looks like this: then there will be a HARD enquiry:
The key here is after entering mobile no & (PAN or DOB) , if the second step is 'Confirm Details" then there will be HARD enquiry...

1688321447630.png

Where as, if this offer checking page looks like below: ( 2nd step being 'Choose your card') then there won't be any cibil enquiry until the next step where you confirm your details.

Here any pre approved cc will dispaly at the second step itself, if you go to the next step and confirm details then there will be hard enquiry...

1688321639339.png

In a nutshell,

If the order is like this ( Confirm Details and Choose Card) then there will be a Hard Enquiry

1688321708286.png

If the order is like this ( Choose Your Card and Confirm Detials) then there will be NO Enquiry

1688321742800.png

If this was already discussed , please ignore this post...

Any opinions??
Ye Panda bohot kaam ka cheez hain re baba!! Will keep this in mind the next time I fish for offers.

chiggybansal1

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes, I had 2 CIBIL hits in Feb and May for checking pre approved offers. I was able to get it removed.

Initially I emailed the CC support team, and they said I have applied for the card due to which they won't be able to remove it. I asked them for my application number for which they replied saying they will get back in 15 days. Post 15 days they asked for another 15 days to look into it. It was already past 35 days from the time I raised my initial request. I then emailed pno, got a response in a day or two, and within 7 days from there, both the CIBIL hard inquiry was removed.
dont they ask for cibil report? as i have multiple hits they ask for cibil report and when i attach it does not allow the mail to send attachments.

Hi this is a question unrelated to this thread would be extremely helpful if some can confirm this. Is anybody able to claim instant discount from amazon for hdfc cards using tata neu cards? I have been facing this issue for the last few months and when I asked card customer care about this they asked me to get in touch with amazon customer care, and when I did they gave no clue about it.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-28-17-37-32-15_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-28-17-37-32-15_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2024-02-28-17-38-35-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-28-17-38-35-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 35

ALOAK

TF Premier
Cibil hit will happen after you submit.

raghav17

TF Buzz

Which app do you use to check cibil hits?

raghav17

TF Buzz
You can check in many apps like gpay, Amazon etc
And also cibil official app for daily refresh
I checked my CIBIL using Gpay it gave me a summary. How do I get the full report?

Plus I have multiple personal loans limits sanctioned maybe of some wallets lol which I don't use at all so would like to close can you help how to do that?