• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia HDFC Bank guide to get LTF credit card

godslayer

TF Select
Recently I got my HDFC Millenia LTF. I have seen so many posts regarding getting HDFC card LTF and everyone is so confused. Even I was confused. So I wanted to create this compilation of all the points and posts I have seen across entire Technofino forums and YouTube. This can help who want to get HDFC cards LTF and people can add other points as well.

Starting with few questions:

Question 1 - Can I get HDFC card LTF?
Answer - Definitely. Unlike SBI where it is very difficult to get card as LTF, Private banks like HDFC, Axis, ICICI usually offer card LTF.

Question 2 - Should I get HDFC Tata Neu or other co-branded cards first?
Answer - Mostly No. It is very difficult to get the core card like Millennia, Regalia, DCB, Infinia, etc once you get a co-branded card. It is always better to get a core card first. Then you can apply for co-branded cards.

Question 3 - Should I get card with Annual fees/ Joining fees, and later get it converted to LTF?
Answer - I have seen people getting their card converted to LTF after using for few months by contacting customer care but I would rather say to try to get it LTF before only.

Now since few questions are answered, I would like to discuss all the ways that I know to get the card LTF.

Method 1: Using C2C / C4C
This is a very common method to get the card by using another banks credit card. If you don't have any prior relationship with HDFC, you can use this method.
For this method you need to find a HDFC agent from open market and not the ones who work in bank. I went to my nearest branch, there the receptionist provided me number for these agents through which I tried applying C2C.

In this method you need to go to agent and provide him 3 months/6 months past statement of other banks credit card statement, Aadhar card and PAN card. Sometimes they ask for picture of the card as well, but for my case they didn't asked. The agent will then fill the form and send it to Chennai Branch, where you will get 2-3 verification calls. CIBIL hit will also happened. They might do address verification as well. If everything goes smooth, you will have the card of your choice and that too LTF as all the C2C applications are by default LTF.

The problems with this method is, it usually takes a lot of time and if any of the step fails, you won't get your card. For example: In my case, there were two issues.
1) I applied C2C using my ICICI card. Later I realized we should avoid using ICICI cards. Its preferred to use Axis or SBI card.
2) My office address was different from my residential address. From what my agent told, it the office address should be within 100km from residential address. For this case, agent usually apply your card as student or ask you give some office address in the same city.

Hence, my card was rejected.

Method 2: Getting Pre-approved offers:

In this method, you need to open a saving account with HDFC. You can even open a salary account. I would suggest, if possible to maintain 25k AMB, open a savings Max account. It can be used to pay other banks credit card bill and get flat 1% cashback with Easyshop Platinum card upto 750Rs per month. Also that card will not have any fees.

Usually in 60-90 days, pre approved offer will start showing depending on the amount of money you are holding and count of transactions. Even if you maintain the minimum balance, you will get the offer.

The issue with this method is you won't get the LTF card offer in the first time. Initially they will offer you cards with both Joining and Annual fees. But if you keep waiting, hopefully will get the LTF offer. The problem is you don't know when you will get that offer, so you need to be very patient. The other issue is you don't know which card will be offered to you. Maybe they will start offering Moneyback +, and if you get it, it will be difficult to upgrade it.

For checking Pre-approved offers and avoiding CIBIL hits, there are two very good posts by @SSV which you can follow. I have linked them in the end. Quoting a summary from that post

If the order is like this ( Confirm Details and Choose Card) then there will be a Hard Enquiry

1688321708286.png

If the order is like this ( Choose Your Card and Confirm Details) then there will be NO Enquiry

1688321742800.png

So while in the first step to Identify Yourself, use mobile number and DOB. Avoid using PAN card. If you get the second image screen, you can see all the cards getting offered. If you get the first screen, then mostly you have not get the pre-approved offer yet.

Method 3: Working in a Company with corporate tie up

You will get a LTF credit card if your company has tie up with HDFC. Even if while applying it is showing that there is fees, after your credit card is approved, you will get a mail stating that card fees is waived off. There is this corporate list which I found from the forum which has all the list of companies eligible. I have attached it as well in the end. Thanks to @V G for the list.

This is how I got the card, want to share my experience.

I opened HDFC saving Max account mostly to get 1% cashback on CC bill payment in January. I started getting generic offer that I'm pre-qualified for CC and that I will get 1500 voucher for applying a credit card within 10 days of opening account. When I visited the link, after entering the details, I was getting confirm your details rather than Choose your card. So I realized its not a pre approved offer, hence I didn't proceeded.

After about a month or so, I found this Corporate list on the forum and contacted my Branch for getting the card. There the CC guy sent me a new link and asked me to check details there, if I'm getting a card. He was surprised how I find this list, even he was not having this.

The above link he provided. I had not found any thread with that link, so it was new to me. I logged it in with my credentials, and I saw that I had offers for Moneyback+, Tata Neu and one more card. I didn't wanted to apply, so he asked me to wait for another month. Since, it will be march end. I will get good offers.

I waited for a month and by March 15, I got pre-approved offer for both Regalia and Millennia, although it was showing that I will be charged Annual fees. So, I called the agent again. He told me, clearly you don't have to worry. If the company name is there in the list, you can apply Regalia or Millennia. The fees will be lifetime waived. He even said, if any fees get deducted, he will pay from his salary. So I applied for Millennia, I avoided Regalia as I don't travel much.

After application it took around 10 days to get my card approved. In the approval mail, it was clearly mentioned that it is LTF card. I confirmed with Customer care as well post delivery of the card.

Method 4: Miscellaneous

There are others ways as well like calling RM to get the cards or open a salary account etc. But as far as I have found, the above three are the only methods to easily get HDFC card LTF easily. Feel free to ask any questions or suggest any other method possible to get the card.

References:

1) https://www.technofino.in/community...offer-cibil-hit-or-not-decoded-i-think.14680/
2) https://www.technofino.in/community...ed-credit-card-application-url-decoded.14749/
3) https://www.technofino.in/community...lia-gold-will-be-considered.20915/post-472973

Attachments

• HDFC Credit Card LTF Corporate.xlsx
    50.1 KB · Views: 280

yusuf646

TF Premier
I have an HDFC Tata Neu Plus Credit Card, which I've been using for over a year. The initial limit was 32K, which was the lowest among all my credit cards. Then I received a limit increase offer of 64K, which is still the lowest among all my cards. This card has a 499 annual fee.

I don't have an account with HDFC Bank. I tried applying for the HDFC Millennia offline, but it got rejected because I already have the Tata Neu Credit Card. When I try to apply online, I don't see the Millennia Card as an option.

I tried contacting HDFC for a card upgrade, but they said that until I have a 1 lakh limit on my existing HDFC Card, they can't upgrade it to the HDFC Millennia. So I asked them for a limit increase, but they require an ITR for limit increase, which I don't have.

Do you have any ideas on how I can get the HDFC Millennia Credit Card?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I have an HDFC Tata Neu Plus Credit Card, which I've been using for over a year. The initial limit was 32K, which was the lowest among all my credit cards. Then I received a limit increase offer of 64K, which is still the lowest among all my cards. This card has a 499 annual fee.

I don't have an account with HDFC Bank. I tried applying for the HDFC Millennia offline, but it got rejected because I already have the Tata Neu Credit Card. When I try to apply online, I don't see the Millennia Card as an option.

I tried contacting HDFC for a card upgrade, but they said that until I have a 1 lakh limit on my existing HDFC Card, they can't upgrade it to the HDFC Millennia. So I asked them for a limit increase, but they require an ITR for limit increase, which I don't have.

Do you have any ideas on how I can get the HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
Close TATA NEU Card and then apply for Millenia post 6 months.

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Opened savings max account on my mother's name 6 months ago
Initially maintained around 1 lakh roughly,since last 3 months maintaining 3l+ ,yet to receive any pre approved offer

I applied through the offer received on mail(1500 gv offer on applying), entered all details but got business credit card option so never completed the application (they was a cibil hit)

sahilsamyat

TF Buzz
Hey, Someone give me list of card that will come LTF as corporate tie-up :).

I have Millenia credit card but that was not LTF, even my company name is also in the list. So, I am planning to mail it to the customer care to make it LTF.
Is that the good way to negotiate or I close the card & reapply again. What will be the documents or proof I have to provide to make it LTF in the mail.

Also please someone provide the list of HDFC Credit card that come with LTF for their corporate tie-up employee.

Ak Singh

TF Premier
Recently I got my HDFC Millenia LTF. I have seen so many posts regarding getting HDFC card LTF and everyone is so confused. Even I was confused. So I wanted to create this compilation of all the points and posts I have seen across entire Technofino forums and YouTube. This can help who want to get HDFC cards LTF and people can add other points as well.

Answer - Definitely. Unlike SBI where it is very difficult to get card as LTF, Private banks like HDFC, Axis, ICICI usually offer card LTF.

Answer - Mostly No. It is very difficult to get the core card like Millennia, Regalia, DCB, Infinia, etc once you get a co-branded card. It is always better to get a core card first. Then you can apply for co-branded cards.

Question 3 - Should I get card with Annual fees/ Joining fees, and later get it converted to LTF?
Answer - I have seen people getting their card converted to LTF after using for few months by contacting customer care but I would rather say to try to get it LTF before only.

Now since few questions are answered, I would like to discuss all the ways that I know to get the card LTF.

This is a very common method to get the card by using another banks credit card. If you don't have any prior relationship with HDFC, you can use this method.
For this method you need to find a HDFC agent from open market and not the ones who work in bank. I went to my nearest branch, there the receptionist provided me number for these agents through which I tried applying C2C.

In this method you need to go to agent and provide him 3 months/6 months past statement of other banks credit card statement, Aadhar card and PAN card. Sometimes they ask for picture of the card as well, but for my case they didn't asked. The agent will then fill the form and send it to Chennai Branch, where you will get 2-3 verification calls. CIBIL hit will also happened. They might do address verification as well. If everything goes smooth, you will have the card of your choice and that too LTF as all the C2C applications are by default LTF.

The problems with this method is, it usually takes a lot of time and if any of the step fails, you won't get your card. For example: In my case, there were two issues.
1) I applied C2C using my ICICI card. Later I realized we should avoid using ICICI cards. Its preferred to use Axis or SBI card.
2) My office address was different from my residential address. From what my agent told, it the office address should be within 100km from residential address. For this case, agent usually apply your card as student or ask you give some office address in the same city.

In this method, you need to open a saving account with HDFC. You can even open a salary account. I would suggest, if possible to maintain 25k AMB, open a savings Max account. It can be used to pay other banks credit card bill and get flat 1% cashback with Easyshop Platinum card upto 750Rs per month. Also that card will not have any fees.

Usually in 60-90 days, pre approved offer will start showing depending on the amount of money you are holding and count of transactions. Even if you maintain the minimum balance, you will get the offer.

The issue with this method is you won't get the LTF card offer in the first time. Initially they will offer you cards with both Joining and Annual fees. But if you keep waiting, hopefully will get the LTF offer. The problem is you don't know when you will get that offer, so you need to be very patient. The other issue is you don't know which card will be offered to you. Maybe they will start offering Moneyback +, and if you get it, it will be difficult to upgrade it.

For checking Pre-approved offers and avoiding CIBIL hits, there are two very good posts by @SSV which you can follow. I have linked them in the end. Quoting a summary from that post

So while in the first step to Identify Yourself, use mobile number and DOB. Avoid using PAN card. If you get the second image screen, you can see all the cards getting offered. If you get the first screen, then mostly you have not get the pre-approved offer yet.

You will get a LTF credit card if your company has tie up with HDFC. Even if while applying it is showing that there is fees, after your credit card is approved, you will get a mail stating that card fees is waived off. There is this corporate list which I found from the forum which has all the list of companies eligible. I have attached it as well in the end. Thanks to @V G for the list.

I opened HDFC saving Max account mostly to get 1% cashback on CC bill payment in January. I started getting generic offer that I'm pre-qualified for CC and that I will get 1500 voucher for applying a credit card within 10 days of opening account. When I visited the link, after entering the details, I was getting confirm your details rather than Choose your card. So I realized its not a pre approved offer, hence I didn't proceeded.

After about a month or so, I found this Corporate list on the forum and contacted my Branch for getting the card. There the CC guy sent me a new link and asked me to check details there, if I'm getting a card. He was surprised how I find this list, even he was not having this.

The above link he provided. I had not found any thread with that link, so it was new to me. I logged it in with my credentials, and I saw that I had offers for Moneyback+, Tata Neu and one more card. I didn't wanted to apply, so he asked me to wait for another month. Since, it will be march end. I will get good offers.

I waited for a month and by March 15, I got pre-approved offer for both Regalia and Millennia, although it was showing that I will be charged Annual fees. So, I called the agent again. He told me, clearly you don't have to worry. If the company name is there in the list, you can apply Regalia or Millennia. The fees will be lifetime waived. He even said, if any fees get deducted, he will pay from his salary. So I applied for Millennia, I avoided Regalia as I don't travel much.

After application it took around 10 days to get my card approved. In the approval mail, it was clearly mentioned that it is LTF card. I confirmed with Customer care as well post delivery of the card.

There are others ways as well like calling RM to get the cards or open a salary account etc. But as far as I have found, the above three are the only methods to easily get HDFC card LTF easily. Feel free to ask any questions or suggest any other method possible to get the card.

References:

1) https://www.technofino.in/community...offer-cibil-hit-or-not-decoded-i-think.14680/
2) https://www.technofino.in/community...ed-credit-card-application-url-decoded.14749/
3) https://www.technofino.in/community...lia-gold-will-be-considered.20915/post-472973
Why we shouldn't not apply hdfc millennia c2c from ICICI Bank card?
Any specific reason?
What's the problem with icici bank credit card?
Don't they consider icici as a bank?

References:

In Bangalore Koramangala area HDFC home banking branch, they are saying that soon LTF cards will Not be offered so O should keep my Regalia and Neu (Shared limit) and Not to expect any new LTF card. App and net banking offering Millenia with Annual Fees of 1K. Not sure if the limit will be shared or Not.
Any One Who Can Confirm on LTF options getting closed?

the_collector

TF Premier
Why we shouldn't not apply hdfc millennia c2c from ICICI Bank card?
Any specific reason?
What's the problem with icici bank credit card?
Don't they consider icici as a bank?
Icici and kotak are generally very generous with their limits. Thats why you see higher limits on these cards for almost everyone as compared to axis or sbi.

And because of this, hdfc doesn't consider it you'll actual limit and will always offer you a lower card with a significantly lower limit

Which is why when you apply for C2C, it's recommended you don't use icici or kotak

Fynr15

TF Neo
Thanks a lot for this post, I too got this LTF as my company has tie-up. I never mailed/called for requesting LTF and I was also shown the joining fee during application. But they offered me LTF in the final application confirmation.

godslayer

TF Select
Thanks a lot for this post, I too got this LTF as my company has tie-up. I never mailed/called for requesting LTF and I was also shown the joining fee during application. But they offered me LTF in the final application confirmation.
Glad could help. Now working on to get Tata Neu Infinity LTF as well. Will update soon once I get it.

hema220

TF Premier
Icici and kotak are generally very generous with their limits. Thats why you see higher limits on these cards for almost everyone as compared to axis or sbi.

And because of this, hdfc doesn't consider it you'll actual limit and will always offer you a lower card with a significantly lower limit

Which is why when you apply for C2C, it's recommended you don't use icici or kotak
if you apply c2c then AU gives more limit.

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi. My company is in the list and I have DCB Plastic LTF now (Alumni offer) since 2019.
I used the above link to check Eligibility and I can see the following cards:

Diner Club Privilege
6E Rewards & 6E Rewards XL
Indian Oil HDFC
&
Diners Club Metal Edition.

Is there a possibility to get this DCB Metal Edition LTF as part of corporate tie-up. Do let me know if any one have tried this.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

References:

Very nicely summarised post dealing straight to the point!!
Well done!?👏👏

jainsuk

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi. My company is in the list and I have DCB Plastic LTF now (Alumni offer) since 2019.
I used the above link to check Eligibility and I can see the following cards:

Diner Club Privilege
6E Rewards & 6E Rewards XL
Indian Oil HDFC
&
Diners Club Metal Edition.

Is there a possibility to get this DCB Metal Edition LTF as part of corporate tie-up. Do let me know if any one have tried this.
Getting similar options. Would be interested to know if DCB is provided LTF from this.