• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Regalia LTF to Regalia Gold LTF (Converted Paid Into LTF))

rsyed

TF Buzz
Mine was HDFC Regalia LTF and got offer to upgrade to HDFC Regalia Gold paid... Too many emails, msgs and WhatsApp msgs also... Just thought to check through HDFC MyCards and found HDFC Technical error and due to this, it was not showing LTF however renewal fee is 0 then immediately took the screenshot and started screen recording and applied for upgrade. Finally got the Regalia Gold paid card. I called customer care and asked abt this, they said paid card... Then reached grievance team asked to convert the card to LTF Card but they denied... After 2 more escalations, finally they converted as LTF Card...

Last edited:

frezcoop

TF Select
This might be for their internal eligibility checks but don't think they mean credit bureau checks.
Yup, no cibil hit. Just tried. The technical glitch is still there though I am not sure if I am confident enough to do back and forth as OP did to make it LTF. Because if they don’t, I risk losing my Regalia LTF :/. Anyone else going through this conundrum or has already made it work just like OP?

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Yup, no cibil hit. Just tried. The technical glitch is still there though I am not sure if I am confident enough to do back and forth as OP did to make it LTF. Because if they don’t, I risk losing my Regalia LTF :/. Anyone else going through this conundrum or has already made it work just like OP?
Only OP has done it so far,

Looking at HDFC track record, everyone is waiting for 2-3 more similar confirmations

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No, didn't try method OP mentioned since thought it is technical glitch and directly asked for regalia gold LTF (corporate) or DCB Metal FYF(alumni). They denied either of them is possible and only say regalia gold FYF is possible.

So probably will give try replying to their PNO mail with this screenshot ? But not sure if it would work :)

frezcoop

TF Select
No, didn't try method OP mentioned since thought it is technical glitch and directly asked for regalia gold LTF (corporate) or DCB Metal FYF(alumni). They denied either of them is possible and only say regalia gold FYF is possible.

So probably will give try replying to their PNO mail with this screenshot ? But not sure if it would work :)
100% sure it will not work this way currently. Do try though.

There is chance with OP’s method as that method is a hit and miss for hdfc swiggy or other cards.

Three years back I was having MoneyBack paid one, and got the upgrade offer for Millennia FYF. I took the upgrade and used the card for 1 year, then requested through mail to convert my paid card to LTF, and they did this. Then in Sept-2023 I got the upgrade offer for Regalia Gold FYF, I took the upgrade (which is realy not a upgrade) and in Dec. I requested for LTF conversation through mail. This time I was having zero hope as my spends are very minimal, below 5000/-, but surprisingly they converted my paid Regalia Gold to LTF.

So you can try, first take the card then request for LTF conversion. If not work then downgrade to the previous LTF card.

And before the LTF Confirmation mail one executive from Chennai head office called me and told me that my card is being converted to LTF, so that I can use my card without any worry and will get the mail for the same within minutes. This was nice, wasn't expecting such services from HDFC.

frezcoop

TF Select
Three years back I was having MoneyBack paid one, and got the upgrade offer for Millennia FYF. I took the upgrade and used the card for 1 year, then requested through mail to convert my paid card to LTF, and they did this. Then in Sept-2023 I got the upgrade offer for Regalia Gold FYF, I took the upgrade (which is realy not a upgrade) and in Dec. I requested for LTF conversation through mail. This time I was having zero hope as my spends are very minimal, below 5000/-, but surprisingly they converted my paid Regalia Gold to LTF.

So you can try, first take the card then request for LTF conversion. If not work then downgrade to the previous LTF card.

And before the LTF Confirmation mail one executive from Chennai head office called me and told me that my card is being converted to LTF, so that I can use my card without any worry and will get the mail for the same within minutes. This was nice, wasn't expecting such services from HDFC.
Can u share template how you’re requesting LTF and to which email id?

Also do they really let u have LTF with downgrade? If this works then I can go for FYF. I read somewhere in this forum that they are slowly phasing out Regalia anyway

Can u share template how you’re requesting LTF and to which email id?
I submitted my request to the Grievance Redressal (link given below).

So I do not have the template. The msg I wrote is simple that I have this card from this date and request to convert this to LTF. This works for me, you can try.
Also do they really let u have LTF with downgrade? If this works then I can go for FYF. I read somewhere in this forum that they are slowly phasing out Regalia anyway
About Regalia phasing out I have no idea, but someone in this community reported regarding downgrading from Regalia Gold LTF to Millennia LTF.
So there might be a possibility of downgrading to Millennia LTF.
Millennia is a better card in many terms as compared to Regalia and Regalia Gold, that also depends on usage and requirements.
Hope for the best.

Pho3nix

TF Buzz
Three years back I was having MoneyBack paid one, and got the upgrade offer for Millennia FYF. I took the upgrade and used the card for 1 year, then requested through mail to convert my paid card to LTF, and they did this. Then in Sept-2023 I got the upgrade offer for Regalia Gold FYF, I took the upgrade (which is realy not a upgrade) and in Dec. I requested for LTF conversation through mail.
Why would you take Regalia Gold ( Useless card) replacing Millennia ( most sought after card after Infinia & DCB ) ?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
what do you write on this email to get LTF??

In light of my consistent spending pattern and considering my long-standing relationship with your bank, I would like to request an upgrade of my existing Regalia Gold Card. Ideally, I am interested in the DCB Metal Edition, either as a First Year Free (FYF) or a paid version.

Additionally, considering the array of credit cards I currently hold, including the Magnus, Atlas, and Amex MRCC, which offer significant rewards, it is increasingly challenging to justify further expenses on my paid Regalia Gold card. Therefore, I also request the conversion of my current Regalia Gold Card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) version, should an upgrade to the DCB Metal Edition not be feasible.

An upgrade to the DCB would significantly enhance my ability to continue my financial journey with HDFC, given the attractive rewards and benefits it offers. It would not only align with my current financial status but also reinforce my commitment to HDFC as my primary banking partner.

They rejected the DCB upgrade but provided LTF conversion for Regalia Gold

hedgehog2122

TF Premier
In light of my consistent spending pattern and considering my long-standing relationship with your bank, I would like to request an upgrade of my existing Regalia Gold Card. Ideally, I am interested in the DCB Metal Edition, either as a First Year Free (FYF) or a paid version.

Additionally, considering the array of credit cards I currently hold, including the Magnus, Atlas, and Amex MRCC, which offer significant rewards, it is increasingly challenging to justify further expenses on my paid Regalia Gold card. Therefore, I also request the conversion of my current Regalia Gold Card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) version, should an upgrade to the DCB Metal Edition not be feasible.

An upgrade to the DCB would significantly enhance my ability to continue my financial journey with HDFC, given the attractive rewards and benefits it offers. It would not only align with my current financial status but also reinforce my commitment to HDFC as my primary banking partner.

They rejected the DCB upgrade but provided LTF conversion for Regalia Gold
@hks789 How much were your spends and in what time on RG for this LTF. Also share email ids through which it was converted to LTF.