• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre approved Credit Card Application URL - Decoded...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This thread is in continuation to my previous thread

My Previous thread is here:

URL Decoding - HDFC Card Applcation :

Disclaimer: This is going to be a very lengthy post. The intention is to make sure even a newbie can understand and hence less follow up questions. Experts please bear with me...

(These examples could have diffferent values for different customers in different scenarios., hence the values could be dynamic. This is to give us more indepth info regarding our pre approved offers in general , nothing fancy... Some of them are my assumptions , could be right or wrong. Welcome to add your opions...)

This is just my 2 cents...

A few self explanatory examples of URL decoding:

Scenario 1

When we click on "apply now" link after after NB logout
...(if we have any pre approved offers...)

1688473457525.png

We would get the URL like below:

/pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_content=MKTG&mc_id=website_organic_NBLP&icid=website_organic_NBLP#nbb

Let us breakdown the URL into different parts:

1) https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/credit-cards/pre-approved-credit-cards
-- Means you already have some pre approved cards, hence the 2nd tab will be ' Choose your card ', means after identification process, you get to see the pre approved cards before hitting CIBIL for hard enquiry. If we don't choose any card here and don't go to next step then there won't be any CIBIL hit.
Pre approved doen't mean there is no CIBIL enquiry... Even though pre approved if you got submit your personal details andin the 3rd step, there will be CIBIL enquiry..
In pre approved cards case, if the second tab is ' Choose Card', then we get to have peek of which cards we are eligible. If we stop don't like the cards that we are eligible and if we stop here itself then there won't be any hard enquiry... I have been doing this and stopping here itself because I got only Moneyback and some other very basic cards and I don't like them , hence no enquiry for me. I have done this about 6 times till now.

In my view the above explanation would clear most of our doubt.... CIBIL Hit -- Yes or No...

2) utm_content=MKTG means marketing..( not sure of utm_content)

3) mc_id=website_organic_NBLP&icid=website_organic_NBLP#nbb . not sure of what mc_id and icid are.
but what it means is : the source of this link is coming from HDFCs own website and after Net Banking Logout Page (i.e.NBLP)

NBLP = Net Banking Logout Page, is the source of this checking offers page...

1688473583002.png

---------------------------------------------------

Scenario 2
While in Net banking under offers click on already pre approved Card banner which shows credit limit

1688473656216.png

We would get URL like this:

The key words are highlighted in BOLD

Most of them are self explanatory and some I don't know or doen't matter and some I expalined..

pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-ACQ-remarketing&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=BUSSMONEYBACK&utm_term=template&cptc=29781.0.50100.10000.11970467821.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

CC-ACQ-remarketing = Credit Card Acqisition remarketing.
BUSSMONEYBACK = Here itself we know the kind of CC we are going to apply for since we clicked on the preapproved cc banner...

1688473705147.png

Scenario 3

When we click on the generic " best suited for you" banner under offers tab:

1688473930210.png

URL in this case is almost similar to my Cashback CC offer, except that it has ' Generic' as one of the parameters.
For those there is no pre approved offer, this URL will be definitely look different.
All other parameters are self explanatory or unknown)

And also note that the 2nd tab is still ' Chhose your card' as it is preapporved in my case.

pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-APS&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=Generic&cptc=30447.0.50100.10000.11970558717.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb
1688474345584.png

Scenario 4:
Clicking on another generic banner: " get 1500 amazon gift voucher" banner ( this URL is different and tells a different story)
1688474460897.png
URL looks like below and the order of tabs changed!!
etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer.html?LGCode=MKTG&utm_source=cp&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-Noofferbase&utm_content=textclockNTB&utm_creative=clock&cptc=27779.0.50100.10000.11970558721.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

The key parameters are

etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer - Self explanatory, this is without offer. There is a prefic 'ETB' means yet to be or expected to be , whatever you think to yuour imagination... " Existing to the Bank" as mentioned by @theda , but surely it is not a pre approved...

CC-Acq-Noofferbase - Again self explanatory , there is no offer base.

As there is no pre approved offer , the 2nd tab changes to ' Confirm your Detials" , which is pretty much important as at this stage CIBIL enquiry hits even before going to the 3rd tab...

1688475033034.png

Conclusion:

These are just a few examples, that I am getting right now, as I am pretty new into this HDFC Journey ( about 2 months old ).
There will be some other key parameters like below:

'Unconditional ' = LTF ( Probably).

The main point here is , this URL decoding tells us that , we CAN get some additional info about what we are going to get in our CC application and when we can get CIBIL enquiry and when to stop before CIBIL enquiry hits...

Hope you read all my post, If you did you have great patience and you are very keen to protect your CIBIL score and HDFC CC journey in general...

Here the experts can chip in their views and URL key words for better understing of all...

WIth this I will sign off and open the floor for further discussion (if anyone is interested in )

Cheers guys and have a nice evening to all........

Last edited:

skap9731

TF Select
latest.png
I too see several banners on my NB page out of which 2 banners redirect me to the links which have CC-ACQ-UNCONDITIONALLTF&LGCode=ultf&utm
ultf=unconditional lifetime free (Maybe,Not Sure),
and i am still unsure of what utm could be.

this could probably mean that above link could help one acquire an unconditional ltf card.

This URL is also supposedly for getting the VISA variant of the card.

I have another Banner which specifies the RUPAYBUSSMONEYBACK ,i.e rupay variant of the card ,(for which i have been receiving mails too)but it doesn't
mention the LFT status in the URL. rupay.png

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
latest.png
I too see several banners on my NB page out of which 2 banners redirect me to the links which have CC-ACQ-UNCONDITIONALLTF&LGCode=ultf&utm
This one is most likely Business Money back LTF offer. If you click on this in your 2nd tab this will appear. If you stop here there will be no cibil hit.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
latest.png

this could probably mean that above link could help one acquire an unconditional ltf card.

This URL is also supposedly for getting the VISA variant of the card.

I have another Banner which specifies the RUPAYBUSSMONEYBACK ,i.e rupay variant of the card ,(for which i have been receiving mails too)but it doesn't
mention the LFT status in the URL. rupay.png
As I said many times before, if your second tab is " Choose your card", you will be presented with all the pre approved cards with any condtions attached to it or no conditions, LTF or not etc ..here.
Here you can take a decision to take it or miss it and if you don't go further there won't be CIBIL hit..
That is the whole point of analysing this URL code..

Note: Pre approved offer doesn't mean no CIBIL enquiry at all. It just facilitates us to know the facts well before we take a plunge in .. Eventually there will be a CIBIL enquiry after we 'Confirm our Details" if we decided to proceed further with our application..

Last edited:

skap9731

TF Select
As I said many times before, if your second tab is " Choose your card", you will be presented with all the pre approved cards with any condtions attached to it or no conditions, LTF or not etc ..here.
Here you can take a decision to take it or miss it and if you don't go further there won't be CIBIL hit..
That is the whole point of analysing this URL code..
URL Specifies Unconditional LTF however i get to the choose card screen - it shows 0 (500 slashed off) joining/annual , but at the bottom it says fee waived off on 50k spends annually. which makes me question if the URL mention's accurate status or nah.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
URL Specifies Unconditional LTF however i get to the choose card screen - it shows 0 (500 slashed off) joining/annual , but at the bottom it says fee waived off on 50k spends annually. which makes me question if the URL mention's accurate status or nah.
Good observation..
We need more inputs from different prople so that we can have some reasonable assumptions around this... Lets see what else we come up with other guys... Meanwhile we have a POINT to be noted... Atleast we have some LTF offer for you but it is with conditional spends.. People have pre approved cards with out this condtional LTF also...

skap9731

TF Select
Good observation..
We need more inputs from different prople so that we can have some reasonable assumptions around this... Lets see what else we come up with other guys... Meanwhile we have a POINT to be noted... Atleast we have some LTF offer for you but it is with conditional spends.. People have pre approved cards with out this condtional LTF also...
@ssv see this, i received an email a month ago stating , no strings attached ltf CC with limit mentioned.
i just checked it and see what i saw-

Attachments

• link ultf email.png
    link ultf email.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Screenshot_59.png
    Screenshot_59.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 276

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@ssv see this, i received an email a month ago stating , no strings attached ltf CC with limit mentioned.
i just checked it and see what i saw-
It is an uncondtional Life Time Free CC.
To get Amazon voucher of Rd 1500 , you need to spend Rs 500 with in 14 days...
If you like the card and limit take it. It is avery basic card..
If you don't like it for aome reason then you need to wait for some time ( don't know hoe long) for another card like Millinea etc. Not sure how long it takes...
All the best

skap9731

TF Select
It is an uncondtional Life Time Free CC.
To get Amazon voucher of Rd 1500 , you need to spend Rs 500 with in 14 days...
If you like the card and limit take it. It is avery basic card..
If you don't like it for aome reason then you need to wait for some time ( don't know hoe long) for another card like Millinea etc. Not sure how long it takes...
All the best
just took it, will only use for amazon or flipkart Bank offers 10% whenever it comes. will also ask hdfc to convert it to rupay variant ltf since i don't have any cc for upi. serves well for my usage. thanks for replying. i have also saved screenshots , just in case.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
just took it, will only use for amazon or flipkart Bank offers 10% whenever it comes. will also ask hdfc to convert it to rupay variant ltf since i don't have any cc for upi. serves well for my usage. thanks for replying. i have also saved screenshots , just in case.
Congratulations!!!... Atleast one person got something out of this thread.. Enjoy your Credit Card..

Trust Me

TF Ace
URL Decoding - HDFC Card Applcation :

Scenario 4:
Clicking on another generic banner: " get 1500 amazon gift voucher" banner ( this URL is different and tells a different story)
1688474460897.png
URL looks like below and the order of tabs changed!!
etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer.html?LGCode=MKTG&utm_source=cp&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-Noofferbase&utm_content=textclockNTB&utm_creative=clock&cptc=27779.0.50100.10000.11970558721.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

The key parameters are

etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer - Self explanatory, this is without offer. There is a prefic 'ETB' means yet to be or expected to be , whatever you think to yuour imagination... but surely it is not a pre approved...

CC-Acq-Noofferbase - Again self explanatory , there is no offer base.

As there is no pre approved offer , the 2nd tab changes to ' Confirm your Detials" , which is pretty much important as at this stage CIBIL enquiry hits even before going to the 3rd tab...

I see what looks like a variation on your case 4, but there are differences:

etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer.html?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-NDB-Onboard&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=NonPA&cptc=27196.0.50100.10000.11864665510.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

Any idea what CC-Acq-NDB-Onboard (which appears instead of CC-Acq-Noofferbase) , NonPA etc. mean? Thanks.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I see what looks like a variation on your case 4, but there are differences:

etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer.html?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-NDB-Onboard&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=NonPA&cptc=27196.0.50100.10000.11864665510.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

Any idea what CC-Acq-NDB-Onboard (which appears instead of CC-Acq-Noofferbase) , NonPA etc. mean? Thanks.
May I ask from where did you click this link from to get this URL? is it in net banking ? home page ? someother page. It all depends on the workflow.. I could get more idea if you can provide this info

Trust Me

TF Ace
May I ask from where did you click this link from to get this URL? is it in net banking ? home page ? someother page. It all depends on the workflow.. I could get more idea if you can provide this info

I landed at that page by following the "1500 amazon.in voucher" banner under the 'Offers' tab in netbanking. See the screenshot.

Attachments

• HDFC - ETBCC _2023-06-18.png
    HDFC - ETBCC _2023-06-18.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 87

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I landed at that page by following the "1500 amazon.in voucher" banner under the 'Offers' tab in netbanking. See the screenshot.
So, in this case utm_compaign = CC-Acq-NDB-Onboard .. what it essentially tells us from which compaign this CC application form is coming from.. Not sure what NDB means, but still it doesn't matter for us as it doesn't play any importtant role in getting the card.. It is for Bank for their internal purposes and it is an additional info for them..

As regards to your application.
It is not any kind of pre approved offer. It is as if you are applying like a fresh new application.. If you fill in details in the 2nd tab and proceed then there will be an immediate CIBIL hit. and based on your eligibilty ( considering income info and cibil) they may proceed with your application . All usual formalities will be carried out..

Trust Me

TF Ace
I actually have a basic Moneyback card for 8 years with a high enough limit. I have a high credit rating. But they have never offered me any upgrade options. It's lying unused for months now since I've other, better cards. Don't know if they will ever offer a pre-approved card to me now that I am an Imperia customer. If they don't, the card will just lie idle unless there is an instant discount offer somewhere.

saucy

TF Ace
I actually have a basic Moneyback card for 8 years with a high enough limit. I have a high credit rating. But they have never offered me any upgrade options. It's lying unused for months now since I've other, better cards. Don't know if they will ever offer a pre-approved card to me now that I am an Imperia customer. If they don't, the card will just lie idle unless there is an instant discount offer somewhere.
In the same boat. Confirmed by them that unless I do good usages on it, there will never be an upgrade offer.
But using it is wasting money because there are better cards present.

So either close and reapply using some.other card
Or apply manually for paid upgrade.

I am not aware how their retention team works.
If anybody knows, please do share.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In general, you have to use the card to get any offers , When you have some expenditure that doesn't earn much on other cards then try to put them on this card.

Another thing you can do, You can call RM and ask thier CC team member to contact you to talk about CCs.
I just talked to one of my local CC guys thru RM and I have only 2 months preferred relationship with HDFC . I told him that I want Regalia with good limit not this basic Moneyback card with 75K. I also told him I will get an Imperia account soon. Then he said he could help me in getting Rgalia after my account becomes 3 month old Imperia..

Or you can try C2C method.

My observation since I joined this forum: HDFC doesn't care about the existing CC holder unless they are heavy spenders.

Once you become their CC holder they are not bothered about you.
I believer one of their KPIs in CC business segment is % growth in new customer acquisition quarter by quarter..
So, the key takeaway here is : Our first card selection.
I am not going to take my first card until atleast it is Regalia with about 3 to 5 lakhs...

The other side of the coin, which is in favour to us: Until we take our First CC, they bombard with offers.
So the strategy that could work in our favour:
We need to keep the SB account very busy with regular activity and open several different products ( even though of small value) and not to take our first CC and wait for the right offer.

As their motive is to keep new acquistion rate higher, another strategy could be:

Close the existing CC relationship completely and wait for special compaign which they run occassionally to meet their perfromance targets and then apply...

You will have to be actively doing something different . Just sitting there with Imperia account for a quite number of years not trying something different won't take you anywhere.

At the end :

We will have to show some sort of subtle authority as a customer, we don't need to show our frustration or anger. We need to give an impressoin that we are helping achieve his/her targets by keeping everything well within the Bank's rule book...

Just my 2 cents..

Last edited:

Trust Me

TF Ace
In the same boat. Confirmed by them that unless I do good usages on it, there will never be an upgrade offer.
But using it is wasting money because there are better cards present.
They haven't ever offered me any upgrades even when I was using it regularly! They've frequently enhanced my limit though. It will never see regular use anymore, whether or not they offer me any upgrade. I'll wait and see if they start reducing my limit now!
So either close and reapply using some.other card
Or apply manually for paid upgrade.
I won't close it, since it is my oldest active card with a perfect payment history. Neither am I keen on any paid upgrade.

John123

TF Premier
Haha. The irony is agents are forcing me to apply an entry level card and tricking me to upgrade within 3 months.😂