• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Regalia Gold complementary Airport Drop benefit decoded

keyur11

TF Buzz
Hello Readers,

I would like to throw some light on one unique benefit added in new Regalia Gold card. The benefit called by HDFC is "Complimentary Airport Drop voucher when ticket is booked on Smartbuy using Regalia Gold credit card". HDFC just call it a Airport drop voucher but it is more than that. I am sure many of the users are not aware about this benefit details as I was also not aware. I just tried it myself and I was surprised looking at what I got. Let me go through the steps and details.

After you book your ticket on Smartbuy using Regalia Gold credit card, you need to go to Regalia Gold Benefits > Travel Benefits and click on Premium Travel Benefits.

1710674485275.png
1710674559528.png
You need to enter ticket booking details and your voucher will be issued with in 2 to 4 hours. Below are details of voucher:

They issue Uber voucher of Rs 300. When you claim that voucher in Uber, it will be added as 300 Rs in Uber cash. Technically, this Uber cash can be used in any trip and can be used in multiple trips also if it is not fully consumed in one trip. Though, HDFC is saying it is Airport drop voucher but it is like 300 Rs cashback in form of Uber cash which can be used in any Uber trip. Uber cash validity is of 1 Year as mentioned in voucher.

This can be claimed for 2 tickets in one quarter. So I think it is good benefit (of not so rewarding Regalia Gold card). If someone is buying ticket of small amount like 3000 Rs to 5000 Rs then this is additional cashback of 6% to 10%.

I just wanted to share insight information of this benefit because I myself could not find this details until I booked flight ticket and experienced this. I hope this will be useful for some readers.

Sriim

TF Premier
Why do you say it's a not so rewarding card?

If you spend 1.5L each quarter for total 6L spends, you get base points worth 1.3% + 1% (quarterly milestone bonus of 1500 voucher in myntra etc) + 0.83% (annual milestone bonus of 10000RPs on spending 5L) ~ 3.13%

If you spend 8L in the year, you get another 5k bonus RPs, but value on the quarterly milestone falls slightly 1.3% + 0.75%(Quarterly)+ 0.93% (annual) ~ 2.98%

And you get accelerated rewards points on smartbuy portal.

And you get 5k flight voucher - twice on hitting 5L and 7.5L respectively. If someone has use for it, it gives additional 1% value

In my opinion, it's one of the best all-rounder cards for anyone who can't get a premium credit card. Many have got it LTF as well.

PS - I use SBI CB for online purchases, MRCC for just 1500*4, Tata Neu on Tata nue, Airtel Axis for utility, Indusind Legend for BMS BOGO, but Regalia Gold is my core card.

Nitin13

TF Buzz
If someone is buying ticket of small amount like 3000 Rs to 5000 Rs then this is additional cashback of 6% to 10%.

I just wanted to share insight information of this benefit because I myself could not find this details until I booked flight ticket and experienced this. I hope this will be useful for some readers.

Well Explained and Thank you. Why you say Regalia Gold as 'not so rewarding card'?

keyur11

TF Buzz
Why do you say it's a not so rewarding card?

If you spend 1.5L each quarter for total 6L spends, you get base points worth 1.3% + 1% (quarterly milestone bonus of 1500 voucher in myntra etc) + 0.83% (annual milestone bonus of 10000RPs on spending 5L) ~ 3.13%

If you spend 8L in the year, you get another 5k bonus RPs, but value on the quarterly milestone falls slightly 1.3% + 0.75%(Quarterly)+ 0.93% (annual) ~ 2.98%

And you get accelerated rewards points on smartbuy portal.

And you get 5k flight voucher - twice on hitting 5L and 7.5L respectively. If someone has use for it, it gives additional 1% value

In my opinion, it's one of the best all-rounder cards for anyone who can't get a premium credit card. Many have got it LTF as well.

PS - I use SBI CB for online purchases, MRCC for just 1500*4, Tata Neu on Tata nue, Airtel Axis for utility, Indusind Legend for BMS BOGO, but Regalia Gold is my core card.

Well Explained and Thank you. Why you say Regalia Gold as 'not so rewarding card'?

I said 'not so rewarding card' because of it's low base return. It only gives 1.33% rewards on normal spends that too when we redeem it as travel related spends / miles transfer. There are other cards which gives more rewards like HDFC DCB / Infinia or AXIS ATLAS card.

When we use it through smart buy, we can get more rewards so I normally use it for smartbuy spends or spends on brands like Marks & Spencers, Myntra, Nykaa & Reliance Digital where we get 5x points. So it is good card to use on specific spends but not on all the spends.

@Sriim : Yes, we get some rewards based on milestone. If we consider spending 7.5 Lakh & hitting all the quarterly milestones, our return can be 3.46% (1500 * 4 quarterly vouchers + 5000 flight voucher + 5000 flight voucher = 16000 Rs which comes to reward of 2.13% + 1.33% base return) which becomes decent. If someone can spend this much then other super premium card can give very high return compared to this.

Please note that we do not get 10k reward points on 5 Lakh spends & 5k reward points on 8 Lakh spends in this card. These rewards were present on Regalia card.

I hope I am able to answer your queries.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello Readers,

I would like to throw some light on one unique benefit added in new Regalia Gold card. The benefit called by HDFC is "Complimentary Airport Drop voucher when ticket is booked on Smartbuy using Regalia Gold credit card". HDFC just call it a Airport drop voucher but it is more than that. I am sure many of the users are not aware about this benefit details as I was also not aware. I just tried it myself and I was surprised looking at what I got. Let me go through the steps and details.

After you book your ticket on Smartbuy using Regalia Gold credit card, you need to go to Regalia Gold Benefits > Travel Benefits and click on Premium Travel Benefits.

1710674485275.png
1710674559528.png
You need to enter ticket booking details and your voucher will be issued with in 2 to 4 hours. Below are details of voucher:

They issue Uber voucher of Rs 300. When you claim that voucher in Uber, it will be added as 300 Rs in Uber cash. Technically, this Uber cash can be used in any trip and can be used in multiple trips also if it is not fully consumed in one trip. Though, HDFC is saying it is Airport drop voucher but it is like 300 Rs cashback in form of Uber cash which can be used in any Uber trip. Uber cash validity is of 1 Year as mentioned in voucher.

This can be claimed for 2 tickets in one quarter. So I think it is good benefit (of not so rewarding Regalia Gold card). If someone is buying ticket of small amount like 3000 Rs to 5000 Rs then this is additional cashback of 6% to 10%.

Good 🌝

Sriim

TF Premier
I said 'not so rewarding card' because of it's low base return. It only gives 1.33% rewards on normal spends that too when we redeem it as travel related spends / miles transfer. There are other cards which gives more rewards like HDFC DCB / Infinia or AXIS ATLAS card.

When we use it through smart buy, we can get more rewards so I normally use it for smartbuy spends or spends on brands like Marks & Spencers, Myntra, Nykaa & Reliance Digital where we get 5x points. So it is good card to use on specific spends but not on all the spends.

@Sriim : Yes, we get some rewards based on milestone. If we consider spending 7.5 Lakh & hitting all the quarterly milestones, our return can be 3.46% (1500 * 4 quarterly vouchers + 5000 flight voucher + 5000 flight voucher = 16000 Rs which comes to reward of 2.13% + 1.33% base return) which becomes decent. If someone can spend this much then other super premium card can give very high return compared to this.

Please note that we do not get 10k reward points on 5 Lakh spends & 5k reward points on 8 Lakh spends in this card. These rewards were present on Regalia card.

I hope I am able to answer your queries.
We do get 10k reward points on 5L and 5k on 8L. I've received both. Attached screenshot in another thread (https://www.technofino.in/community...-maths-infinia-is-overhyped.24566/post-577058)

Of course, super premium cards are more rewarding. That's why there are 'super premium'. For those who can't get their hand on the super premium cards, Regalia Gold is a good all-rounder. It's the not best card out there, and use cases vary, but it's not okay to generically label it a not so rewarding card.