• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre approved Credit Card Application URL - Decoded...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This thread is in continuation to my previous thread

My Previous thread is here:

URL Decoding - HDFC Card Applcation :

Disclaimer: This is going to be a very lengthy post. The intention is to make sure even a newbie can understand and hence less follow up questions. Experts please bear with me...

(These examples could have diffferent values for different customers in different scenarios., hence the values could be dynamic. This is to give us more indepth info regarding our pre approved offers in general , nothing fancy... Some of them are my assumptions , could be right or wrong. Welcome to add your opions...)

This is just my 2 cents...

A few self explanatory examples of URL decoding:

Scenario 1

When we click on "apply now" link after after NB logout
...(if we have any pre approved offers...)

1688473457525.png

We would get the URL like below:

/pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_content=MKTG&mc_id=website_organic_NBLP&icid=website_organic_NBLP#nbb

Let us breakdown the URL into different parts:

1) https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/credit-cards/pre-approved-credit-cards
-- Means you already have some pre approved cards, hence the 2nd tab will be ' Choose your card ', means after identification process, you get to see the pre approved cards before hitting CIBIL for hard enquiry. If we don't choose any card here and don't go to next step then there won't be any CIBIL hit.
Pre approved doen't mean there is no CIBIL enquiry... Even though pre approved if you got submit your personal details andin the 3rd step, there will be CIBIL enquiry..
In pre approved cards case, if the second tab is ' Choose Card', then we get to have peek of which cards we are eligible. If we stop don't like the cards that we are eligible and if we stop here itself then there won't be any hard enquiry... I have been doing this and stopping here itself because I got only Moneyback and some other very basic cards and I don't like them , hence no enquiry for me. I have done this about 6 times till now.

In my view the above explanation would clear most of our doubt.... CIBIL Hit -- Yes or No...

2) utm_content=MKTG means marketing..( not sure of utm_content)

3) mc_id=website_organic_NBLP&icid=website_organic_NBLP#nbb . not sure of what mc_id and icid are.
but what it means is : the source of this link is coming from HDFCs own website and after Net Banking Logout Page (i.e.NBLP)

NBLP = Net Banking Logout Page, is the source of this checking offers page...

1688473583002.png

---------------------------------------------------

Scenario 2
While in Net banking under offers click on already pre approved Card banner which shows credit limit

1688473656216.png

We would get URL like this:

The key words are highlighted in BOLD

Most of them are self explanatory and some I don't know or doen't matter and some I expalined..

pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-ACQ-remarketing&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=BUSSMONEYBACK&utm_term=template&cptc=29781.0.50100.10000.11970467821.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

CC-ACQ-remarketing = Credit Card Acqisition remarketing.
BUSSMONEYBACK = Here itself we know the kind of CC we are going to apply for since we clicked on the preapproved cc banner...

1688473705147.png

Scenario 3

When we click on the generic " best suited for you" banner under offers tab:

1688473930210.png

URL in this case is almost similar to my Cashback CC offer, except that it has ' Generic' as one of the parameters.
For those there is no pre approved offer, this URL will be definitely look different.
All other parameters are self explanatory or unknown)

And also note that the 2nd tab is still ' Chhose your card' as it is preapporved in my case.

pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-APS&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=Generic&cptc=30447.0.50100.10000.11970558717.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb
1688474345584.png

Scenario 4:
Clicking on another generic banner: " get 1500 amazon gift voucher" banner ( this URL is different and tells a different story)
1688474460897.png
URL looks like below and the order of tabs changed!!
etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer.html?LGCode=MKTG&utm_source=cp&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-Noofferbase&utm_content=textclockNTB&utm_creative=clock&cptc=27779.0.50100.10000.11970558721.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

The key parameters are

etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer - Self explanatory, this is without offer. There is a prefic 'ETB' means yet to be or expected to be , whatever you think to yuour imagination... " Existing to the Bank" as mentioned by @theda , but surely it is not a pre approved...

CC-Acq-Noofferbase - Again self explanatory , there is no offer base.

As there is no pre approved offer , the 2nd tab changes to ' Confirm your Detials" , which is pretty much important as at this stage CIBIL enquiry hits even before going to the 3rd tab...

1688475033034.png

Conclusion:

These are just a few examples, that I am getting right now, as I am pretty new into this HDFC Journey ( about 2 months old ).
There will be some other key parameters like below:

'Unconditional ' = LTF ( Probably).

The main point here is , this URL decoding tells us that , we CAN get some additional info about what we are going to get in our CC application and when we can get CIBIL enquiry and when to stop before CIBIL enquiry hits...

Hope you read all my post, If you did you have great patience and you are very keen to protect your CIBIL score and HDFC CC journey in general...

Here the experts can chip in their views and URL key words for better understing of all...

WIth this I will sign off and open the floor for further discussion (if anyone is interested in )

Cheers guys and have a nice evening to all........

Last edited:

bing1309

TF Premier

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-21 092409.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 092409.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-11-21 092434.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 092434.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 61

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I want to know one thing, in pre-approved offer they are sending emails like "credit limit upto _____".
So, this figure is what they will give as credit limit or tentative only? And they can assign any limit they wish?
Most likely you will get that exact number depending upon your CIBIL score at that time and Income range to some extent

bing1309

TF Premier
But whenever I am trying that way after entering OTP, it gives error that "Try Again".
Don't waste time on that you get direct hdfc tele assist call when you get pickup and ask them what's the card I get and what's the limit they say if you like it say yes or else just say not interested. That's it no need to time waste with links (wait for hdfc direct call) (I rejected directly it's a waste of time of the limit offered and card variant but you get an direct idea what you get)

Bhaskar

TF Premier
Got exactly 94k as my pre-approved offer was showing limit upto 94k. I was getting mb+, millenia and freedom. Took millennia (paid). Approved on 3rd day without any verification. Only cibil hit. Variant is diners millenia.

Got exactly 94k as my pre-approved offer was showing limit upto 94k. I was getting mb+, millenia and freedom. Took millennia (paid). Approved on 3rd day without any verification. Only cibil hit. Variant is diners millenia.
You should have tried in this link first: https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/credit-cards/pre-approved-credit-cards#nbb

If the cards are showing for you in the above link then I can guarantee you that there will be no CIBIL hit and approval chances are 100% as it is a pre-approved offer official HDFC link.

Bhaskar

TF Premier
You should have tried in this link first: https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/credit-cards/pre-approved-credit-cards#nbb

If the cards are showing for you in the above link then I can guarantee you that there will be no CIBIL hit and approval chances are 100% as it is a pre-approved offer official HDFC link.
I tried and checked several times. There was no cibil hit for checking pre-approved cards. Only got hit when I applied. I am okay with one hit as it is genuine. And it automatically approved no call or physical verification.

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This thread is in continuation to my previous thread

My Previous thread is here:

URL Decoding - HDFC Card Applcation :

Disclaimer: This is going to be a very lengthy post. The intention is to make sure even a newbie can understand and hence less follow up questions. Experts please bear with me...

(These examples could have diffferent values for different customers in different scenarios., hence the values could be dynamic. This is to give us more indepth info regarding our pre approved offers in general , nothing fancy... Some of them are my assumptions , could be right or wrong. Welcome to add your opions...)

This is just my 2 cents...

A few self explanatory examples of URL decoding:

Scenario 1

When we click on "apply now" link after after NB logout
...(if we have any pre approved offers...)

1688473457525.png

We would get the URL like below:

/pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_content=MKTG&mc_id=website_organic_NBLP&icid=website_organic_NBLP#nbb

Let us breakdown the URL into different parts:

1) https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/credit-cards/pre-approved-credit-cards
-- Means you already have some pre approved cards, hence the 2nd tab will be ' Choose your card ', means after identification process, you get to see the pre approved cards before hitting CIBIL for hard enquiry. If we don't choose any card here and don't go to next step then there won't be any CIBIL hit.
Pre approved doen't mean there is no CIBIL enquiry... Even though pre approved if you got submit your personal details andin the 3rd step, there will be CIBIL enquiry..
In pre approved cards case, if the second tab is ' Choose Card', then we get to have peek of which cards we are eligible. If we stop don't like the cards that we are eligible and if we stop here itself then there won't be any hard enquiry... I have been doing this and stopping here itself because I got only Moneyback and some other very basic cards and I don't like them , hence no enquiry for me. I have done this about 6 times till now.

In my view the above explanation would clear most of our doubt.... CIBIL Hit -- Yes or No...

2) utm_content=MKTG means marketing..( not sure of utm_content)

3) mc_id=website_organic_NBLP&icid=website_organic_NBLP#nbb . not sure of what mc_id and icid are.
but what it means is : the source of this link is coming from HDFCs own website and after Net Banking Logout Page (i.e.NBLP)

NBLP = Net Banking Logout Page, is the source of this checking offers page...

1688473583002.png

Scenario 2
While in Net banking under offers click on already pre approved Card banner which shows credit limit

1688473656216.png

We would get URL like this:

The key words are highlighted in BOLD

Most of them are self explanatory and some I don't know or doen't matter and some I expalined..

pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-ACQ-remarketing&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=BUSSMONEYBACK&utm_term=template&cptc=29781.0.50100.10000.11970467821.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

CC-ACQ-remarketing = Credit Card Acqisition remarketing.
BUSSMONEYBACK = Here itself we know the kind of CC we are going to apply for since we clicked on the preapproved cc banner...

1688473705147.png

Scenario 3

When we click on the generic " best suited for you" banner under offers tab:

1688473930210.png

URL in this case is almost similar to my Cashback CC offer, except that it has ' Generic' as one of the parameters.
For those there is no pre approved offer, this URL will be definitely look different.
All other parameters are self explanatory or unknown)

And also note that the 2nd tab is still ' Chhose your card' as it is preapporved in my case.

pre-approved-credit-cards?utm_source=CP&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-APS&utm_content=MKTG&utm_creative=Generic&cptc=30447.0.50100.10000.11970558717.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb
1688474345584.png

Scenario 4:
Clicking on another generic banner: " get 1500 amazon gift voucher" banner ( this URL is different and tells a different story)
1688474460897.png
URL looks like below and the order of tabs changed!!
etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer.html?LGCode=MKTG&utm_source=cp&utm_medium=netbanking&utm_campaign=CC-Acq-Noofferbase&utm_content=textclockNTB&utm_creative=clock&cptc=27779.0.50100.10000.11970558721.1&tc=&cpctc=XXCP_CUSTOMER_TRACKING_CPXX#nbb

The key parameters are

etb-pre-approved-credit-cards-without-offer - Self explanatory, this is without offer. There is a prefic 'ETB' means yet to be or expected to be , whatever you think to yuour imagination... " Existing to the Bank" as mentioned by @theda , but surely it is not a pre approved...

CC-Acq-Noofferbase - Again self explanatory , there is no offer base.

As there is no pre approved offer , the 2nd tab changes to ' Confirm your Detials" , which is pretty much important as at this stage CIBIL enquiry hits even before going to the 3rd tab...

1688475033034.png

Conclusion:

These are just a few examples, that I am getting right now, as I am pretty new into this HDFC Journey ( about 2 months old ).
There will be some other key parameters like below:

'Unconditional ' = LTF ( Probably).

The main point here is , this URL decoding tells us that , we CAN get some additional info about what we are going to get in our CC application and when we can get CIBIL enquiry and when to stop before CIBIL enquiry hits...

Hope you read all my post, If you did you have great patience and you are very keen to protect your CIBIL score and HDFC CC journey in general...

Here the experts can chip in their views and URL key words for better understing of all...

WIth this I will sign off and open the floor for further discussion (if anyone is interested in )

Cheers guys and have a nice evening to all........
Think Dota 2 GIF by Alliance