• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing 8m old hdfc cc affect cibil?

althafvly

TF Buzz
This is my first CC. Around 8 month old Moneyback plus cc with 500rs + gst.

Reasons for closing this CC
1. HDFC made 2 other hard enquiries for credit card just after 1 month i recieved the card. So total 3 hard enquiry. I tried emailing them and trying to remove it for 3-4 months. They are saying i did apply for it.
2. Annual charge of 500rs. I overspent to reach 50k without thinking, now i regret.
3. I have 3 other LTF cards.
4. Cashback on utility bill (except electricity) and offline purchases are very low.
5. Limit is the lowest of all my other cards.

I have tried mailing them to make it LTF and denied.

The other older card i have is amazon icici cc, which is 6month old. Will closing HDFC card affect cibil in any major way?. If its temporary then its okay. Cibil is 776 as of today.

I have requested for closing the card today 12-1-2024. It will get closed within 7 days.

Tejo

TF Legend

1. HDFC made 2 other hard enquiries for credit card just after 1 month i recieved the card. So total 2 enquiry. I tried emailing them and trying to remove it for 3-4 months. They are saying i did apply for it.
2. Annual charge of 500rs. I overspent to reach 50k without thinking, now i regret.
4. Cashback on utility bill (except electricity) and offline purchases are very low.

The other older card i have is amazon icici cc, which is 6month old. Will closing HDFC card affect cibil in any major way?. If its temporary then its okay. Cibil is 776 as of today.
Just keep for bank offers.

Hdfc has low trg for annual fee waive off.

Even if you didn't spend that much, you can call back hdfc and request ....they will reverse the fee.

telescope

TF Ace

1. HDFC made 2 other hard enquiries for credit card just after 1 month i recieved the card. So total 3 hard enquiry. I tried emailing them and trying to remove it for 3-4 months. They are saying i did apply for it.

I have requested for closing the card today 12-1-2024. It will get closed within 7 days.
Just close if you want to. Any hurt in cibil will be temporary. And within few months everything will be back on track. As long as you are paying other cc bills on time, nothing else really matters.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

As far as CIBIL is concerned , there won't be big impact as the difference in age would be 2 months only (8-6).. If any impact it will be recovered in 2 months..

althafvly

TF Buzz
Just close if you want to. Any hurt in cibil will be temporary. And within few months everything will be back on track. As long as you are paying other cc bills on time, nothing else really matters.
So far payments are on time 100%.
As far as CIBIL is concerned , there won't be big impact as the difference in age would be 2 months only (8-6).. If any impact it will be recovered in 2 months..
In cibil app age of credit is showing 7m. But actually hdfc is 8m old with payment history. 6m for icici and federal. 1m for axis neo.

althafvly

TF Buzz
Jus don’t worry mate.. if you want to close hdfc card, just close it.. nothing happens
Will it be possible for me to keep HDFC Rupay UPI Virtual card if i close moneyback plus. That card is only 99rs+ gst.
I haven't applied for virtual card yet. Its showing in mycards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113-135029.png
    Screenshot_20240113-135029.png
    99 KB · Views: 10

unknown420

TF Buzz
I just called their customer care. They said i can use virtual card without that card. I also asked them if it's reported as 2 cards in cibil, they said they don't have information regarding that. Do you know?. I want to know if it keeps old payment history.
i have HDFC Business Moneyback Card and UPI Virtual Card activated over it [shared limit]
when asked customer care about closing physical card they said if i close physical card virtual card also close
in CIBIL shows 2 HDFC Cards with same Limit but different usage [as per my use]

Tejo

TF Legend
Will it be possible for me to keep HDFC Rupay UPI Virtual card if i close moneyback plus. That card is only 99rs+ gst.
I haven't applied for virtual card yet. Its showing in mycards.
yeah you can keep only virtual card else upgrade or convert moneyback plus card to rupay card

Last edited: